ADVERTISEMENT

BG @ OHS

I too wish that the Purples take the record from Trinity. But alas, I will light a candle for you, my soon to be fallen brother. For McCallie cometh.

Originally posted by LilyOfTheValley:
I too wish that the Purples take the record from Trinity. But alas, I will light a candle for you, my soon to be fallen brother. For McCallie cometh.
Bring on McCallie, the Iceman, or even the Gipper. They are going to win one for Purple Nation. I know you wouldn't understand!!!

Oh, but I do my poor misguided friend. Oh but I do. McCallie is too quick and too good with too many seniors that almost beat last years' Purples. The streak ends next week, you can bet the house on that.

AP, you are a baseball guy so I will cut you some slack here. The past two victories for the Purples over the Red Devils have been absolute FAILURES in the eyes of Kevin Wallace.

-----Coach Wallace picks up another failure. Most coaches I know would love to have the so called failures you refer to. A silly statement-----

Originally posted by LilyOfTheValley

. It seems to me that the critics were right about this team when they said that this Purples team is very good defensively and not so great on the offensive side of the ball.
-----Let's see now, 42-34, yep another good observation-----

Oh, but I do my poor misguided friend. Oh but I do. McCallie is too quick and too good with too many seniors that almost beat last years' Purples. The streak ends next week, you can bet the house on that.
I know McCallie is a very good team, but they've given up a lot of points to some average teams. They have to come to El Donaldson stadium and beat a very good football team. I'm starting to wonder if you even have a clue. You like to point out all of my miscues, but if you don't think the Purples have a chance to win next week and are willing to bet the house on it, you are a hell of a lot dumber than me. I like our chances. Haters gonna hate!

And what did the Lily have to say about Greenwood and Franklin-Simpson???

"Seabolt & Co. unleash the hounds on the Wildcats. GW wins 35-14."

At the end of three quarters the "hounds" had 99 yds total offense and 0 points. The "hounds of Greenwood" did manage points on the board with 1:31 to go in the game.
i078.jpg

It looks like Owensboro has company in West KY 4A with Franklin Simpson, Warren East and Madisonville. The 2nd and 3rd round playoff games will be tough for each team.

Originally posted by Mr Brownstone:
It looks like Owensboro has company in West KY 4A with Franklin Simpson, Warren East and Madisonville. The 2nd and 3rd round playoff games will be tough for each team.
Having seen 3 of the 4 teams on the list, I would have to say Owensboro is the front runner. I'm not saying the other teams aren't close, but at this point in the season, Owensboro is really good.

Originally posted by Mr Brownstone:
-----Devils are first right now with F-S and East close behind. I think the Maroons can be left out of the discussion right now. We will know more after thier next three games, Hendo away, O-Boro at home and Tilghman away. I think are three are L's but we will see-----

I agree AP that OHS should be the frontrunner. How is the big TE that was injured? He didn't look good after the game. BG's O-line controlled our D most of the 2nd half and #23 is a great runner.

No doubt in my opinion that OHS is the front runner to come out of this side of the state! Franklin Simpson will be their biggest test in the playoffs from this "area". They will likely meet for a regional title - just an assumption. I don't think Madisonville will be there in the end - again just a gut feeling.

If I had to guess right now I would say it will be a Highlands v. OHS in the 4A state final. With OHS beating Boyle County to go to state. I think that is how it would work out.

But then again what the hell do I know about football!!
laugh.r191677.gif

LK - Boyle is on the other side of the bracket with LexCath and then Highlands. We would face a Collins or North Oldham in the semi's

And the Great MacDon has never been wrong on a prediction, gimme a break.
rolleye0011.r191677.gif

Can ya really knock me for having faith in my team? Even when I think I might be wrong, I'm going to fight until the end saying I'm right. Every Cowboys fan thinks they are gonna win the Super Bowl this season, even though they'll probably go 8-8. But year in and year out, they come back saying the same thing. So I will continue to have faith in Greenwood, even if we lose every game by 100. Because that's what fans do. (Hmm...I guess you can say AP and I are alike in some ways.)

McCallie is too good. Plain and simple. Hell, I would venture to bet that if you asked a few of Bowling Green's coaches that even they would say that if anyone is going to beat them on their schedule it's going to be McCallie. And why wouldn't they say that? That game they played in Chattanooga last year was a nail biter that came down to Bowling Green having to hold the ball for the last eight minutes just to keep McCallie off the field. It's going to be a good game but the Purples won't win. It's sad but it's true. McCallie is just too fast and too good.

uzi.r191677.gif

"There is no reason for Greenwood to be anything but optimistic. They have won 4 of the last 7 in the series."

And yet you were the one to commend me for my optimism. Come on Grand Master Macdon. Which side of you will respond to me now? The one who thinks that I have all the reason in the world to think that GW would win or the one who gangs up on me when I was wrong about BG? Oh wait, was I wrong about BG? Was it not a tough game for the Purples? Or was I just dreaming of that? Hmm.... I wonder......
homer.jpg

You were commended for your optimism and I pointed out why you might have reason to be optimistic.

I did not mention "release the hounds" until after the facts were in and the hounds evidently headed out Scottsville Road to see if Split Tree had any leftovers.

I have found it works best when picking winners to at least make an meaningful attempt at some degree of objectivity. Which can be difficult.

BG @ Owensboro- The last time the Purples played at Rash, it was their worst offensive showing of the season. I would expect the same thing to happen this year. However, even when BG's offense is off, their defense is ALWAYS on (which is really why they won their last game at Rash) and the same will happen again. BG wins in a gut-wrenching, terrible game for their offense.

Oops.

A sophomore running back rips the Red Devils for 337 yards rushing.

And the Great MacDon has never been wrong on a prediction, gimme a break.
rolleye0011.r191677.gif

Can ya really knock me for having faith in my team? Even when I think I might be wrong, I'm going to fight until the end saying I'm right. Every Cowboys fan thinks they are gonna win the Super Bowl this season, even though they'll probably go 8-8. But year in and year out, they come back saying the same thing. So I will continue to have faith in Greenwood, even if we lose every game by 100. Because that's what fans do. (Hmm...I guess you can say AP and I are alike in some ways.)

McCallie is too good. Plain and simple. Hell, I would venture to bet that if you asked a few of Bowling Green's coaches that even they would say that if anyone is going to beat them on their schedule it's going to be McCallie. And why wouldn't they say that? That game they played in Chattanooga last year was a nail biter that came down to Bowling Green having to hold the ball for the last eight minutes just to keep McCallie off the field. It's going to be a good game but the Purples won't win. It's sad but it's true. McCallie is just too fast and too good.

uzi.r191677.gif
I'm sorry. You lost me at the Greenwood comment. That's a good one!

ADVERTISEMENT