ADVERTISEMENT

Owensboro/Daviess Country Area Football 2014

Originally posted by devilschild:
Oh Owensboro has definitely had its share of transfers in and out. I think the two kids that came from Apollo this year, Board & Collier, will be big contributors in football. I also think the Morton kid willbe outstanding in Catholics offense. To me it's still different having a locked in boundary as opposed to having half the student body from all over the county. Again kids and parents should be able to send their kids wherever they feel. I just think it's an equalizer for enrollment differences when you have no boundaries on where you get kids. Give me 60 kids from all over Daviess Co. and I'd play anybody anytime....
There are plenty of kids from other boundaries that go to OHS. Well we can get into names, but I won't because it's not right for the kid. Let's start with basketball, then go to football, then etc.

Don't start this cause it won't go far...

Originally posted by Green Nation2:
There are plenty of kids from other boundaries that go to OHS. Well we can get into names, but I won't because it's not right for the kid. Let's start with basketball, then go to football, then etc.

Don't start this cause it won't go far...
h4553F521

OK I AM SORRY I JUST REALIZED I STARTED ALL THIS - CARRY ON!!!!!
laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 8/20 9:54 AM by thelizardking1

Holiday World log ride pic - Circa 1996

Pictured from bottom to top - (GreenNation, rgbowlds, Lizard & Devils58)

goons.png

FYI - GreenNation crapped his shorts!

Catholic, per capita, has better athletes for each gender than any other school around. I know that they have at least 3 starters in Football from Henderson/Union Co. They have a few girls from Henderson who play soccer, basketball, and softball, plus others. One of their top baseball players last year was a Freshman from Henderson. So for OCHS to use the enrollment numbers as an excuse really shouldn't apply. This is an advantage for them!

However, I respect the kids/parents who travel to Owensboro Catholic for the sacrifices they make to get a Catholic school education. I have no problem with that at all. I love to watch Owensboro sports and want to see great competition.

OHS fan but OCath always has a great football program. I don't mind that some OHS guys transfer there, I think Morton will give them a great shot to advance in the playoffs. If they have a good line and a solid D they can make some big noise this year.

I think the Title needs to be edited to "Owensboro City-County Football 2014" for the reasonthat in the Owensboro/DC area i think of, DC, AHS, OHS, OC, HCHS, MCHS(McLean), OCHS, MCHS(Muhlenburg), and BCHS(Butler)

Originally posted by subsonic66:
I think the Title needs to be edited to "Owensboro City-County Football 2014" for the reasonthat in the Owensboro/DC area i think of, DC, AHS, OHS, OC, HCHS, MCHS(McLean), OCHS, MCHS(Muhlenburg), and BCHS(Butler)
Rightfully so - I would love do get the discussion geared up for those schools. I didn't write a preview/prediction for them because I don't know much about those schools. Get it going give a prediction for Mclean, Hancock, Henderson, Muhlenberg.

Just off the hip I would say...

Mclean will go 5-5
Hancock will go 7-3
Henderson will go 4-6 (just from what I am hearing that they will be down - I'll believe when I see it)
Muhlenberg will go 6-4

GN you must believe I some how have a problem with Catholic not having any boundaries on the kids they get. I don't and have said that threw out my thousands of posts on KY Preps. But the 2A crutch we hear about from time to time gets old when you don't have the same issues say Hancock Co. has. Or say a Caldwell Co. has. Owensboro gets transfers all the time. And honestly I'm amazed we don't have more....

This post was edited on 8/21 2:49 PM by devilschild

Good point subsonic. I love talking about some other teams that I normally don't get to see. I've kind of scrounged around and WBKO in Bowling Green has some pretty good previews of the fringe Owensboro area teams like Muhlenberg, Butler, Grayson, and Ohio County. Also, M-I's football preview comes out tommorow so I'll be reading that ALL DAY! lol

devil.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Devils58:

Good point subsonic. I love talking about some other teams that I normally don't get to see. I've kind of scrounged around and WBKO in Bowling Green has some pretty good previews of the fringe Owensboro area teams like Muhlenberg, Butler, Grayson, and Ohio County. Also, M-I's football preview comes out tommorow so I'll be reading that ALL DAY! lol

devil.r191677.gif
Ive been away from this site for a bit, and ive been away fromHS football for too long. Iwill be attending some of my Hornets games and maybe some of the city county games. My work schedule is hectic. I used to be a mod here when Warrior_SW and Macdon and Clegend33 were here! Even being you ive been here since 2002! And ive never missed as much football as i did last year, even when i played collegeball! I am ashamed haha

On today's Homers show, that will air at 4pm on 102.7 The Game, we address this very thread. Myself, Devils58 and AcesBleacherBum give their takes on this topic. We also breakdown and predict all 8 area games for today's action. So tune in to hear some good football talk on kickoff Friday!!

Originally posted by ApolloFan98:
On today's Homers show, that will air at 4pm on 102.7 The Game, we address this very thread. Myself, Devils58 and AcesBleacherBum give their takes on this topic. We also breakdown and predict all 8 area games for today's action. So tune in to hear some good football talk on kickoff Friday!!
Waiting on the Homers show like....

Jonah-hill-flailing1_%281%29_111.gif

Saw the scores of tonight's games on KHSAA website. OHS 50 -7 over Apollo. Catholic 49-7 over Daviess Co. I guess 2 games into the season and Lizard and Apollofan have already given up on their respective teams.

I've been hearing the "boundaries" argument for a long time. So tired . . .
One thing I do wonder about is if OCHS had boundaries, what would they be? How large would they be?
By physical location, the boundaries would undoubtably include a portion of Owensboro's district. Seems to me
that would be more of an issue than OH fans would like to admit.

-----All schools in the city and county recruit, thats well known in the West. What's the big deal?-----

Originally posted by Workout1:
Saw the scores of tonight's games on KHSAA website. OHS 50 -7 over Apollo. Catholic 49-7 over Daviess Co. I guess 2 games into the season and Lizard and Apollofan have already given up on their respective teams.
Hancock beat Ohio County 43-0, is OC down that bad?

In the entire time I've followed HS football, they've been "up" once. I view this as business as usual for them.

Originally posted by DragonFire:
In the entire time I've followed HS football, they've been "up" once. I view this as business as usual for them.
DragonFire - I disagree, I believe it was in 2011 Ohio Co. went 9-1 in the regular season. Started off the season 5-0, nearly beat a damn good Christian Co. team that year - best record in school history and the only time Ohio Co. has hosted a home playoff game if I'm not mistaking. It can be done at Ohio Co. - Dan Crume had some pretty successful years there. I just don't think Ohio Co. should ever get beat by that much by a Hancock Co. They ran a really good coach out of town this past season - who is now I believe a asst. coach for OHS - really good pick up for that OHS staff if you ask me. Now I was told Ohio Co. hired "their guy" a hometown guy, previous success as a college coordinator, offensive guru and has been a lot of different places with quite a bit of experience. I guess it just takes time - we shall see.

Not giving up just been a rough couple weeks. Murderers Row if you will - Both OHS and OC are pretty damn good. I hate the way the city/county schedule has been the last few years - just really glad next year will be different. Next week against Apollo should be different. This DC team will still salvage several wins - I say at least 5 maybe 6. Not everybody they play will be the caliber of OHS and Owensboro Catholic.

Hell I didn't even go to the game last night I went down to Bowling Green to see the Toppers put on a clinic. I didn't even read the paper or watch the highlights I just know it was a lot to a little. Which is what I sort of expected.

Originally posted by thelizardking1:
Originally posted by DragonFire:
DragonFire - I disagree, I believe it was in 2011 Ohio Co. went 9-1 in the regular season. Started off the season 5-0, nearly beat a damn good Christian Co. team that year - best record in school history and the only time Ohio Co. has hosted a home playoff game if I'm not mistaking. It can be done at Ohio Co. - Dan Crume had some pretty successful years there. I just don't think Ohio Co. should ever get beat by that much by a Hancock Co. They ran a really good coach out of town this past season - who is now I believe a asst. coach for OHS - really good pick up for that OHS staff if you ask me. Now I was told Ohio Co. hired "their guy" a hometown guy, previous success as a college coordinator, offensive guru and has been a lot of different places with quite a bit of experience. I guess it just takes time - we shall see.
That would be the one year they were "up".

Their records since 2006 (which I'll admit I'm gerrymandering a bit):

2013 - 2-8 (no playoffs)
2012 - 3-7 (no playoffs)
2011 - 9-2 (first round)
2010 - 2-9 (first round)
2009 - 0-10 (no playoffs)
2008 - 1-10 (first round)
2007 - 4-7 (first round)
2006 - 2-8 (no playoffs)

As the song goes, one of these things is not like the others....... They barely beat Hancock last year and they lost by 35 two years ago. Lost by 36 to them in 2010.

Now, I will grant you, their records the other years available online before that:

2005 - 7-4 (first round)
2004 - 5-6 (first round)
2003 - 6-5 (first round)
2002 - 7-4 (first round)
2001 - 8-4 (second round)
2000 - 4-7 (first round)
1999 - 3-7 (no playoffs)
1998 - 0-10

They had some years where they were certainly average. But they're never really all that good. It's all in varying degrees of bad and the 2011 result is the clear outlier. Other than that year, they've been a very poor football program for almost a decade.

DragonFire - I guess you can't argue with the numbers. But the way I read into your post when you said only "up" once I thought you were saying only up as in only had the lead once in a game!
laugh.r191677.gif
That very may well be true I am not sure. But I agree with you historically they have been pretty bad. But like I said Houston at least proved that it can be done. Now we will just sit back and see it Ashby can get it done. I would say his back is against the wall!

I have always thought for as big of county that is and as many kids the school has Ohio Co. should be better. They are above average at other sports Boys basketball, baseball(some years), girls soccer etc. Too much of a Rural community I guess - I've heard too many people say that Hartford/Beaver Dam and Ohio County in general is just a whole nother world - and not in a good way.

What i meant by down was in 2004 Hancock was 11-2 with a loss to OC, hc had one of the best rushing teams in wky that year and lost 19-28. A school like oc should play better than this

What i meant by down was in 2004 Hancock was 11-2 with a loss to OC, hc had one of the best rushing teams in wky that year and lost 19-28. A school like oc should play better than this

giphy.gif

13505104433HereComestheBoom.gif

This post was edited on 12/15 12:12 AM by Green Nation2

It just funny. Cause you said something about running the football and if you look at Muschamp's board, he was drawing up a blitz on the board and it looks like he was drawing up a blitz vs. a run play. THEN PUNCHES THE BOARD! Getting his team FIRED UP!!!

The Air Punch was funny too vs. Vanderbilt.
This post was edited on 12/15 10:18 AM by Green Nation2

ADVERTISEMENT