ADVERTISEMENT

Mayfield-Tilghman 101st meeting

eventually Tilghman will "come together", but it won't be this week! I agree, Mayfield by 14. If Tilghman can stay healthy playing the schedule they have, come district and playoffs, they could "run the table".

If it's just 14, I think PT fans would feel unbridled optimism for the rest of the season. Keep in mind if Mayfield had not turned the ball over 5 times McCracken, they would not have lost the game. Tonight will be a chance for Rogers to keep developing his young players and forge ahead to the district.

This is an exceedingly average Tilghman team and Mayfield struggled for most of three quarters to put it away.

Mayfield has a problem at center.

Originally posted by Rock3:
This is an exceedingly average Tilghman team and Mayfield struggled for most of three quarters to put it away.

Mayfield has a problem at center.
Kinda like PT has problems all over the field

Our o-line dominated the game. End of story. 501 total yds of offense with around 340 of those rushing.

I disagree about the oline dominating the game this was the worse defensive efforts and defensive called game I've seen in a while. Mayfield just spreaded us out and ran the ball we had 3 dline men vs 5 oline men now that's not rocket science who wins that we running a 3-4 and don't have the hogs for the dline I kept wondering how long shanks was gonna allow that before checking into something else but I see he didn't have that on his mind at all and the kids showed no effort on defense especially in the secondary I watched the game on t.v. so the angles was not great on the passing but Mayfield scored 2 or 3 times and it looked wasn't nobody insight defensively now I know there receivers are not that fast just run right by our db's and them not even contest the catch so either those kids wasn't trying or they was confused shanks gotta step that up he may not be the wizard I thought but hats off to rogers and the offense they made a lot of improvement in putting drives together I would like to see sherril get the ball more tho but But great game offensively

ADVERTISEMENT