ADVERTISEMENT

KHSAA 2nd Round

Wildcat_18

KP Junior
Sep 16, 2014
Best games in each class this week and my picks in bold.

1A: Hazard @ Williamsburg [These two haven't played since the 2016 playoffs. Yellow Jackets junior QB Dalton Ponder leads 1A in passing and is 6th in rushing. He's as dual-threat as it gets. They have 3 guys in the top 10 in receiving. Reese Fletcher leads the Bulldogs defense and is 12th in 1A in tackles. I do think the Bulldogs have played a significantly tougher schedule and that will be the difference in this game.]

2A: Danville @ Somerset [Somerset took the last meeting on the road 21-10. Their D has been lights out for the bigger part of the season. Peyton Hatcher anchors the defense for the Briar Jumpers; a unit who had 5 tackles for loss, a fumble forced, and a pick during their last meeting.]

3A: Paducah Tilghman @ Elizabethtown [E-town drilled PT to eliminate them last season 41-0. I expect the Blue Tornado to get their revenge this week in a tough, hard fought road win.]

4A: Logan County @ Franklin-Simpson [The results from their common opponents suggest this will be a tough game for both teams. However, I do think the Wildcats tough scheduling will help them this week.]

5A: Bowling Green @ Owensboro [BG won the last meeting 21-12 on the road. Junior Vito Tisdale rushed for 135 and 2 scores in the last meeting. Owensboro led the passing attack, sophomore wide receiver Treyvon Tinsley led that list with 103 and 2 scores.]

6A: Butler @ St. X [St. X won the last meeting 14-6 at home. Senior RB Anthony Moretti rushed for 136 yards and a score in the win.]

ADVERTISEMENT