ADVERTISEMENT

Trinity at Male, 2015 6A playoff

DirtyBird

KP Pro
Jun 17, 2001
Male rolled over Trinity by a large score in September. The Rocks have been rolling the past few weeks.

What happens this time around?

IMO this game is Male's to lose, but the 2015 playoffs (starting with this game) are the seniors' last chance at redemption.

The first game means nothing.

Last edited:
I agree...first game means nothing with these teams. Wouldn't be surprised if Male beats Trinity again.

Last edited:
Male rolled over Trinity by a large score in September. The Rocks have been rolling the past few weeks.

What happens this time around?

IMO this game is Male's to lose, but the 2015 playoffs (starting with this game) are the seniors' last chance at redemption.

The first game means nothing.
With the ball on the 1 1/2 yard line, Beatty should have went for the win. That kicker had already missed one PAT. Not sure what he was thinking on that one. It's going to be a long off season for the Rocks.

With the ball on the 1 1/2 yard line, Beatty should have went for the win. That kicker had already missed one PAT. Not sure what he was thinking on that one. It's going to be a long off season for the Rocks.

I was surprised by that playcall, too. The personal foul penalty on Male had put the ball on the 1 1/2 yard line, Trinity had been getting 5 yards consistently on the ground, and their placekicker was struggling. Of course, Male's defense didn't have to cover much field and I guess Beatty thought the risk of not converting the 2 pt was too great.

Male has come up on the short end of far too many nailbiter T/H games in the past 20 years. It's nice to see the Bulldogs win a close one for a change. Before last night, I don't think Male had ever won a playoff game against Trinity that was decided by less than a touchdown.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT