ADVERTISEMENT

There's not a ton of good games on this week's slate

Commonwealthsports

KP All-Pro
Dec 11, 2012
Looking for a game to attend this weekend and nothing looks too enticing.

NEED: A good game with at least one "true" D-I prospect. Not too far from Louisville (1hr-1 1/2hrs).

If this week doesn't make you yawn I don't know what will. Other than Owensboro and Bowling Green I don't see too many good matchups. A little too far

The far west has two games that may raise a brow or two -- Mayfield-Murray, Graves-Tilghman. TOO FAR

John Hardin-Highlands doesn't have it's usual zest. NO PROSPECTS

Bryan Station-LexCath could be an O.K. game but it still doesn't draw me in. Watched LexCath this past week.

Oh course, I could always check out the show, that is Damien Harris, who sees Dunbar this weekend.

Anyone see something I'm missing this weekend because I'm like Ricky Bobby during his first interview -- "I'm not sure what to do with my hands."

Not-Sure-What-to-do-With-Hands-Talladega-Nights-Ricky-Bobby.gif

This post was edited on 9/9 1:16 PM by Commonwealthsports

I think there are plenty of great games this week, i think you meant ELITE games, imho id hit up Owensboro, its about an hour and 45 to 2 hours from Louisville, come warly and hit up Moonlite on west Parrish, Old Hickory on Frederica a short Distance from Rash, or Ole South out on 54 across from Kohls

Originally posted by subsonic66:
I think there are plenty of great games this week, i think you meant ELITE games, imho id hit up Owensboro, its about an hour and 45 to 2 hours from Louisville, come warly and hit up Moonlite on west Parrish, Old Hickory on Frederica a short Distance from Rash, or Ole South out on 54 across from Kohls
Haven't made up my mind yet but Owensboro is certainly an option.

I stated my needs lol -- if you call that elite.

Originally posted by NLTanker1:
Trinity @ Cincinnati Colerain
That should be a good one! It's about time you showed up. How are we supposed to know anything about the Louisville teams? We can't trust anyone else!

-----I was wondering about Tank too. Figured he would be back sooner or later. Must not have been traveling much lately,
wink.r191677.gif
-----

Alex, get in contact with Jim Pickens at the Messenger-Inquirer. He and I go waay back in the OHS/ BG rivalry. His Dad coached at BG in the late 50's early 60's at BG. My Pop was AD then and coached BG from '44 to mid 50's. There have been a LOT of games between OHS and BG. Rash Statium, The Old Stadium at WKU, and Donaldson Stadium, Pick is one of the best writers in the state. Look him up and go see a great game in one best old stadiums in the state.

Trinity @ Cincinnati Colerain
Probably won't do this one. I always try to two bird one stone it by seeing two Ky. teams. Although I am probably making the exception for the Cocoa Beach game. Too much talent to pass up in that one.

'Rocks need this win Friday. But no matter their record, I think this is a really good team this year, especially on defense. Male should be a formidable opponent. Manual, without Nero, shouldn't be too tall of a task. St. X also should be a win.

The Super District is matched with District 1 this year. McCracken is the team in that region. Say Trinity is matched with the Mustangs in the second round (if Male wins the district) I think we'll have an all-Louisville region final -- a rematch between the 'Rocks and the 'Dawgs.

MAC -- haven't made my mind up on what game I'm attending, yet. If I do decide to make the trip to Owensboro I'll take your advice. And thanks as always.

Alex, if you do decide to come to Owensboro make sure you hit up Old Hickory before the game. As most of us in town know, it's truly the best BBQ joint in town plus, you won't feel like you're about to die after you eat as you would at Moonlight. Old Hickory is only 5 or 6 blocks from Rash Stadium so it's right on the way.

devil.r191677.gif

Nope, I haven't been traveling much to see the Rocks this year. Most of my work has kept me in western Ky.and my wife and I are expecting our 4th child. My oldest son is playing now in Southern Indiana. So I have to be up early on Saturdays because that is more important right now. I've still been on here reading, just not posting as much.

Nope, I haven't been traveling much to see the Rocks this year. Most of my work has kept me in western Ky.and my wife and I are expecting our 4th child. My oldest son is playing now in Southern Indiana. So I have to be up early on Saturdays because that is more important right now. I've still been on here reading, just not posting as much.
Congrats on your 4th child, my friend. Keep up the good work. I have 7 myself and there is never a dull moment. Go to any event involving your children. You sound like you are already doing that. You will miss it when they are older. I promise. I lived vicariously through my kids for decades. I'm starting to have withdrawals. Luckily, my first grandson is due right before Christmas. I'll let you know when he puts on the Purple and Gold! Good to see you're still kicking.

Originally posted by Adopted Purple:

Congrats on your 4th child, my friend. Keep up the good work. I have 7 myself and there is never a dull moment. Go to any event involving your children. You sound like you are already doing that. You will miss it when they are older. I promise. I lived vicariously through my kids for decades. I'm starting to have withdrawals. Luckily, my first grandson is due right before Christmas. I'll let you know when he puts on the Purple and Gold! Good to see you're still kicking.
You have SEVEN children? Wow. I have three with six granddaughters and a grandson, finally, on the way.

There are a lot of games this week. If I wasn't going to stay home and watch Collins vs. Shelby Co., big cross town rivalry, I think I would take in the Big O and BG game. I think that could be a good one. Owensboro is my dark horse 4A team that I am watching and of course, BG is BG. Could they have a slight letdown this week? Never know what will happen at RASH. Wonderful place to watch HS football. Just glad I was there for the playoffs.

Originally posted by tommy2tone:

There are a lot of games this week. If I wasn't going to stay home and watch Collins vs. Shelby Co., big cross town rivalry, I think I would take in the Big O and BG game. I think that could be a good one. Owensboro is my dark horse 4A team that I am watching and of course, BG is BG. Could they have a slight letdown this week? Never know what will happen at RASH. Wonderful place to watch HS football. Just glad I was there for the playoffs.
Maybe I shouldn't have used "good" games. I just meant two good teams with one or more D-I player among the teams.

Decided I'm just going to stay in Louisville and have a pseudo off week. Still going to games probably going to get a few in. Thanks for everyone's advice. Next week I'll be back on the road...

ADVERTISEMENT