ADVERTISEMENT

St X vs Male jv

hoggwildcat

KP All-Pro
Apr 7, 2013
I like to study freshman and jv teams locally to determine who is going to be good in the future. This one confuses me. Male's 2013 freshman team was terrible, which you would assume their 2014 jv team would not be much better. I noticed that Male's jv team is 6-1 and beat the crap out of st x. Is it because they play juniors in these games? It doesn't make sense to me why Male jv is so much better.

Well, the 2014 Male Freshman team is 6-0 and also beat the crap out of St X. The Bulldog pups also edged a John Hardin team that's supposed to be all that and a bag of chips.

Could some Male freshmen players be getting playing time on the JV?

This post was edited on 10/13 12:17 PM by DirtyBird

This post was edited on 10/13 12:22 PM by DirtyBird

If Male's freshman are playing up, they must be pretty good freshman. At the same time Male jv lost to Ballard who St X beat 45-0. I can't figure it.

This post was edited on 10/13 12:32 PM by hoggwildcat

Originally posted by hoggwildcat:
If Male's freshman are playing up, they must be pretty good freshman. At the same time Male jv lost to Ballard who St X beat 45-0. I can't figure it.

This post was edited on 10/13 12:32 PM by hoggwildcat
Well, keep in mind this is just speculation--I don't have any insight into what Male is doing, but their Frosh team is pretty good. Their game results are:

Butler 44-0 W
Fairdale 43-6 W
Jeffersontown 52-0 W
Ballard 50-12 W
John Hardin 21-20 W
St X 33-13 W

And freshmen playing up to JV isn't that much of a stretch. It's not much different than sophomores playing Varsity, and that's fairly common.

It will be interesting to see the results of the Male and Trinity JV's and Frosh teams this week. Trinity's JV is 6-1 (the L being by 2 pts), and their Frosh are 4-3.

If both teams play just sophomores the Rocks win jv game easily. I'll go with Male in the freshman game.

Rocks jv beats Male 17-13, last year as freshman they beat Male 56-7, I wish someone can explain who's playing in these games.

ADVERTISEMENT