ADVERTISEMENT

State Champion Predictions - Week 6 - Mid-Season

Wildcat_18

KP Junior
Sep 16, 2014
We're halfway there!

1A - Beechwood (4-1) - I'm going with Beechwood ONLY because I believe their schedule has been just slightly better than Paintsville's. Upsets definitely happen, but I see these 2 teams and Pikeville as the top 3 in the smallest class.

2A - Mayfield (5-1) - It's clear to me that Mayfield and DeSales are the two favorites in this class. However, I wouldn't be shocked to see a sleeper come alive. Watch out for Danville. Their defense is good enough and that always gives you a chance.

3A - Boyle County (6-0) - I think the Rebels edge Belfry at this point in the season. No real reason why. Two great coaches. With everything else a tie, I have to go with the team that throws the ball more. I think these two teams are pulling away from the rest of the pack in 3A.

4A - Johnson Central (4-0) - My same story on a different day. 2-horse race in this one. It's South Warren's defense vs. Johnson Central's offense. I'm taking JC's O vs. SW's D. No one else has a shot.

5A - Pulaski County (4-1) - I'm biased and I'll be honest about it. Bowling Green probably deserves it at this point in the season based on strength of schedule. However, I have to stick with the Maroons over the Purples in the color war. I think they get them head-to-head on the turf. Owensboro has also proven they can run with the big dogs in 5A. Wouldn't be shocked to see them there.

6A - Male (6-0) - Trinity may be able to hang with Male the next time around, but they sure didn't act like it in the first meeting between the two powerhouses. I'll believe it when I see it. Male is solid.

What are your thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT