Bowling Green Pick 'em Week 7

Farmy75

KP Hall of Fame
Oct 17, 2003
Butler County @ Todd County
South Warren @ Adair County

Talk amongst yourselves and say why.

Originally posted by Farmy75:

Butler County @ Todd County - Butler County, because last week, I said they were terrible and of course they smoked Union County and kept me from getting another perfect pick 'em.
South Warren @ Adair County - Adair County is having their best season ever and beating South Warren would be like winning the Super Bowl. I think they will hoist that Lombardi Trophy after this game!

Butler County's coaches figured some things out last week and some kids really stepped up as well. Even considering these newfound revelations we are still 3-3 because we played very solid teams but not by such lopsided margins. The bears are no where near as bad as people think. Butler rolls in this one 33-6.

South Warren 24-20 because their sophomore quarterback is a great kid and a friend and I have faith in him....

Butler County @ Todd County--Butler County. Todd Central isn't very good at football.

South Warren @ Adair County--South Warren by a bigger margin than Adair County cares to imagine.

Originally posted by wickedfast:

Butler County's coaches figured some things out last week and some kids really stepped up as well. Even considering these newfound revelations we are still 3-3 because we played very solid teams but not by such lopsided margins. The bears are no where near as bad as people think. Butler rolls in this one 33-6.

South Warren 24-20 because their sophomore quarterback is a great kid and a friend and I have faith in him....
I wish Butler County and South Warren the best of luck the rest of the season. I joke about South Warren's cupcake schedule, but I know the kids didn't do the scheduling. Whoever planned and instituted South Warren's Football Program, did all the right things and built that program faster than any I have ever seen. They have a very good program now. The problem with that is, it came at a high cost. Warren Central's enrollment has been decimated by the opening of South Warren. They will be in 4A for the next 4 years, but will probably end up in 3A after that. It wasn't THAT long ago that Warren Central was a 6A powerhouse playing in state championship games. Oh, how the mighty have fallen, except in this case, the mighty were thrown to the ground! To a lesser extent, Greenwood was also hurt by opening South Warren. Many of their best athletes, who were given the choice, left to attend South Warren. Greenwood dropped from 6A to 5A. I know there is going to be some fluctuation in numbers, whenever they build a new school, in any county, but the way that the Warren County School Board canabalized it's own schools is inexcusable...Too much? I get carried away sometimes.

Originally posted by wickedfast:

Butler County's coaches figured some things out last week and some kids really stepped up as well. .
-----Will agree that the kids stepped up but not sure what the Butler coaches figured out. It was a monsoon at Morgantown, Union got off the bus with little energy and less enthusiam and were completely outplayed by the Bears. It made no difference whatsoever in this game but Butler has one of the best clock men I have seen in a while.
wink.r191677.gif
-----

Well BC changed its defensive scheme last Friday and because of injury started an underclassman for his first game and he had 9.5 sacks and forced a fumble. This change contained a potent running game which they haven't been able to do all season. They actually also ran the football a little more also, still at one point in the game and with the lead they threw the ball 3 straight times for a 3 and out. Another time with a 1st and goal on the 5 called 2 horrible pass plays instead of pounding the ball in for the dagger to the heart! Baby steps...............

ADVERTISEMENT