ADVERTISEMENT

Hot seat

Commonwealthsports

KP All-Pro
Dec 11, 2012
We're five weeks into the high school football season and things are starting to take shape. Some teams who seemed to have a promising 2014 season are struggling and with that parents/alumni/fans are calling for some head coaches' jobs.

What coaches are on the hot seat this year in Kentucky? Is it fair that they're there?

giphy.gif

I do my best and try not to name any coaches out of respect - how about I just name a few programs. I'll just name a few and see what you guys think.

Henderson - Madisonville 49 Henderson 0 & also refer to the Henderson Co. thread

Apollo - see DC 41 Apollo 0 thread

Bowling Green
- lost to McCallie - no just I am just kidding
laugh.r191677.gif

Hopkins County Central - win less in about 5 years

Lexington Catholic
- top tier program who should be better then 2-3

Trinity - didn't make it to the state title last year - but then again probably not
grin.r191677.gif

OHS - Hot Seat? Only because Joe Prince ate spicy burritos for lunch!!
laugh.r191677.gif

John Hardin - used to being better than 1-4 - should be better than 1-4

Caldwell County - the tigers haven't scored over a 100 pts this year - Barnes is always on the hot seat with LesterPdog
smile.r191677.gif

Fort Campbell - 1-4 definitely not the teams the Falcons had like back in the mid 2000's

Now the coaches of these respective programs might not actually be on the "hot seat" - who knows....

Based on what I read on here, the new coach at Ryle.
Highlands new coach if they lose to Cov Cath this weekend.
I have said this one before, the recruiting coordinator at Trintiy.
Once coach that will not get the ax is the guy at Atherton. 2 wins already this season. Give the man a raise.
This post was edited on 9/25 4:01 PM by tommy2tone

Taylor Co. has yet to hire a replacement for the guy they just fired but I have heard rumors that they are now contemplating firing the guy they have yet to hire...

I agree that Trinity will be firing their recruiting coordinator...Trinity is not supposed to have midget QB's...

Logan Co. is considering firing their coach with the aim to reinvest the money in Volleyball...

Caverna has wanted to fire their last three coaches but they've all quit faster than they could be fired...

Originally posted by Commonwealthsports:

Originally posted by thelizardking1:
I do my best and try not to name any coaches out of respect - how about I just name a few programs.

Yeah that's a good idea.

So why even start this thread? Just curious.

Originally posted by W.E. Raider:
Catfish is on the hot seat if Raider 1 is around...
I've never met Raider1, (that I know of) but I imagine him with a few long whiskers coming out of each side of his face. He's ate so damn much catfish that he has to favor one.

Shocker (insert sarcasm here).

I know a for a fact that many of their fans were getting frustrated with Clevenger and his SBV attack that they ran and WON so much with.

What was it, 3-4 straight region final appearances & the crowds each year were dropping off his last two years (because "it wasn't very exciting") before he went to Danville?

That tells me all I need to know right there.

How a fan base, especially one in the biggest classification of KY can be upset with 4 straight 9-10 win seasons and region final appearances is completely beyond me.

So, the fact that they are starting to get upset with this start after yet ANOTHER 9 win season seems about par for the course (unfortunately).

How are things at 0-5 Calloway Co.? Still waiting for Lawson to turn it around. Losing to Marshall Co. cant be good.

Originally posted by W.E. Raider:

I agree that Trinity will be firing their recruiting coordinator...Trinity is not supposed to have midget QB's...
<

Nick Petrino was 5-8 maybe 5-9 and he won back to back state titles in 2005-06, I guess it depends on how good your midget is.

This post was edited on 9/28 7:56 PM by hoggwildcat

Originally posted by hoggwildcat:
Nick Petrino was 5-8 maybe 5-9 and he won back to back state titles in 2005-06, I guess it depends on how good your midget is.
I think it might have more to do with what that midget has around them...this midget doesn't have any SEC signee's on his team.

Neither did Petrino, the 2005 or 06 had division 1 talent at the skilled position. I take that back, they had that little running back, #5 I think he went to Eastern Michigan.

#5 - Tim Phillips, all 5'5" of him went to Central Michigan (Chippewas?) then I'm pretty sure he followed one of their assistants to Austin Peay when he was hired as head coach & played his senior year there. Fantastic high school football player...

Originally posted by BoSoxRox:
#5 - Tim Phillips, all 5'5" of him went to Central Michigan (Chippewas?) then I'm pretty sure he followed one of their assistants to Austin Peay when he was hired as head coach & played his senior year there. Fantastic high school football player...
Phillips is no better than Brooks in my opinion, about the same player really.

This post was edited on 9/30 10:33 AM by Commonwealthsports

Can't say I disagree w/ you, both were / are very good HS backs, but Brooks' size alone will yield more attractive D-1 offers than TP received...

Originally posted by BoSoxRox:
Can't say I disagree w/ you, both were / are very good HS backs, but Brooks' size alone will yield more attractive D-1 offers than TP received...
Honestly, Brooks is having a more difficult time with schools than Tim ever had. Weird, but hey that's how it goes.

ADVERTISEMENT