ADVERTISEMENT

Wow. Watched Trinity and their scary good

Kybluedude

KP Hall of Fame
Nov 19, 2005
Trinity vs Tenn power Ensworth. Trinity wins 45 to zip. The Rocks have team speed everywhere. Qb did a good job for his first game and has major room to improve as he gets experience. Backs are good and their defense is terrific. Punter booms the ball and their kicker has a great leg. Hit a 40 yarder with 10 to spare. I honestly did not see a weakness. Size as well but that overall speed is something. Defense returned a bunch from last year. Secondary was questionable but not last night.

Reactions: lsvljoe
They got one .... Correct? 31 13. Just saw the score. Is Brentwood the #1 team in Tenn?

They ought to be good. They ought to be great. Every year. Not sure why you're surprised they're good.

I don't think BA is the best team in TN, or even in the division. They've been consistently good for a long time but can never seem to get over the hump against Ensworth and/or in the playoffs. Ensworth is somewhat down this year, or so they say. The score differential between Trinity's 2 games with the teams seems to indicate that. A friend told me last week that BA had 4 SEC recruits - not sure if that's true.

Someone figure out the last time Trinity, St X, and Highlands all lost on the same night.

I wouldn't count the 23 time state champs out. Played in the rain AT Male with a QB making his 4th ever start. They left several tds on the field and generally played poorly. Male was the better team TONIGHT. Male beat them early last year but when it counted in the playoffs Trinity had closed the gap and won at Male. No reason that may not happen again. They will learn from this loss and certainly be motivated from it.

I wouldn't count the 23 time state champs out. Played in the rain AT Male with a QB making his 4th ever start. They left several tds on the field and generally played poorly. Male was the better team TONIGHT. Male beat them early last year but when it counted in the playoffs Trinity had closed the gap and won at Male. No reason that may not happen again. They will learn from this loss and certainly be motivated from it.

I never count Trinity out until they are beaten in the playoffs, but Male played in the rain too and their QB was also making his fourth varsity start ever.

If they meet again I will take Trinity. They always have to replace so many players every year. Their QB was a Wr last year. They improve so much over the season. I expect they will again. Playing at Male was tough. Male is better right now but had a lot of returning starters. Playing at home helped them. Trinity will have the revenge card next time.

If they meet again I will take Trinity. They always have to replace so many players every year. Their QB was a Wr last year. They improve so much over the season. I expect they will again. Playing at Male was tough. Male is better right now but had a lot of returning starters. Playing at home helped them. Trinity will have the revenge card next time.
They have to replace so many players each year?? Really! That is where you are going with that?? I mean they only dress 100-110 players is grades 10-12. More than any school in the state. Someone earlier said they were "scary good". Then you get blasted by Male and the excuses come flying. Wet field, playing an away game(simply across town), have to replace players.... PATHETIC!!

Ah Male won the regular season game last year at Trinity early. Male was unbeaten ranked #1 waiting on Trinity at home in the playoffs. At home. Trinity beat an unbeaten Male on their field and went on to take title #23. Male is better right now but history says the Rocks will close the gap. I'll take my chances with them. They just need some game experience. Give Male props for this home win but it's a long season. You must not know much about football if you think an early win equates to a title.

I never said an early win equates to a title. You are the one that after T's first regular season game ordained them as "scary good". Then when they got beat(demolished) by Male you came out with all your pathetic excuses.

Male and Trinity both are playing big boy football. I would be shocked if 1 of the 2 doesn't win the 6A title game by at least 3 td's.

I'm no longer putting Male and Trinity in the same elite category. The way T played the other night, a couple other 6A schools would compete with them, Scott County in particular. Male is the clear favorite right now.

ADVERTISEMENT