ADVERTISEMENT

Which counties have had two class/state champions in same season?

trueblue1958

KP Junior
Aug 11, 2004
Has a county ever had 2 state champions the same year.. If not,i think Mayfield and Graves have a good chance?

This post was edited on 12/1 1:11 PM by cksportsfan

Re: I have a question.

Looking back, Central and Trinity did it in 10,11, and 12. Would think before 6 classes came about, it would have been harder to do. Anyone know of others?

Jefferson Co. could have three state champions this year. 2A DeSales, 3A Central, and 6A Trinity.

This post was edited on 11/30 3:12 PM by NLTanker1

Danville and Boyle County haven't just accomplished it, but they have multiple times.

2004 they both got to the finals again, but lost.

Originally posted by Lilly Creek:
Danville and Boyle County haven't just accomplished it, but they have multiple times.

2004 they both got to the finals again, but lost.
That was one helluva accomplishment. I give it even more credit since it was before the 6 class system.

Newport Catholic is in Campbell County as well as Highlands.

Amazing, huh?

To go even further, from 1998-2004, one and/or both of the schools were playing for it all.

98- Danville lost in the AA Finals
99- Boyle won their first AA Title
00- Danville Class A Champs, Boyle AA Champs
01- Boyle was 3A Champs
02- Boyle 3A Champs
03- Danville 1A Champs, Boyle 3A Champs
04- Danville 1A Runners-Up, Boyle 3A Runner Up

I am going on record by saying that all three Jefferson County teams (Louisville Central, Trinity, and Desales) all win by decent to large margins this year. I am fairly certain that this will be the first time THREE teams from the same county have won state championships in the same year. What a great accomplishment they could achieve. I wish all of the teams luck!

ADVERTISEMENT