ADVERTISEMENT

State Champion Predictions - Playoff Edition

Wildcat_18

KP Junior
Sep 16, 2014
Regular season is now over. Here are my predictions for the 2015 KHSAA State Champions per class. No turning back now!

1A - Paintsville (10-0) - Paintsville takes out Pikeville in the rematch. Beechwood walks over Russellville to the finals. Paintsville over Beechwood 34-31.

2A - Mayfield (9-1) - I'm taking Mayfield over CAL in a close one. Danville over Newport Central Catholic. Mayfield over Danville 31-14. (However, I wouldn't overlook CAL. They could win it as well.)

3A - Central (8-2) - Central edges Caldwell County. Belfry beats the brakes off of Corbin. Central over Belfry 14-10.

4A - South Warren (10-0) - South Warren drills John Hardin. Johnson Central squeaks by Ashland yet again to take out Knox Central. South Warren over Johnson Central 20-17.

5A - Pulaski County (9-1) - Bowling Green over Fern Creek by 3 scores. Pulaski County edges Covington Catholic. Pulaski County over Bowling Green 35-28.

6A - Male (10-0) - Male drills McCracken County. Scott County over Simon Kenton. Male beats Scott County 56-48.

What are your thoughts?

1A - Paintsville (10-0) - Paintsville takes out Pikeville in the rematch. Beechwood walks over Russellville to the finals. Paintsville over Beechwood 34-31.

Russellville will breeze to the Semis and have a tough time with Beechwood. Paintsville and Daniel are on a mission. Paintsvill

2A - Mayfield (9-1) - I'm taking Mayfield over CAL in a close one. Danville over Newport Central Catholic. Mayfield over Danville 31-14. (However, I wouldn't overlook CAL. They could win it as well.)

Mayfield v. Danville final is likely. Don't see CAL going to War Memorial and taking out the Cards. Mayfield steps up in class and wins again.

3A - Central (8-2) - Central edges Caldwell County. Belfry beats the brakes off of Corbin. Central over Belfry 14-10.

I like Caldwell over Central. This will be in Princeton and the Tigers are a tough defensive assignment. Belfry v. Caldwell Final. Going with Belfry

4A - South Warren (10-0) - South Warren drills John Hardin. Johnson Central squeaks by Ashland yet again to take out Knox Central. South Warren over Johnson Central 20-17.

South Warren does an American Pharoah on the field. A wire to wire win. My "out there" prediction: Brandon Smith moves on to another job.

5A - Pulaski County (9-1) - Bowling Green over Fern Creek by 3 scores. Pulaski County edges Covington Catholic. Pulaski County over Bowling Green 35-28.

Bowling Green v. Pulaski in the Final but that Ol' Freight Train has too much for the Maroons. The Purples notch another.

6A - Male (10-0) - Male drills McCracken County. Scott County over Simon Kenton. Male beats Scott County 56-48.

Male in the shoot out completes the public school sweep.

4A. Ashland gets JC. Shelby takes south Warren to the horn but south Warren wins championship by 24

4A. Ashland gets JC. Shelby takes south Warren to the horn but south Warren wins championship by 24

LOL. My next bold prediction. Ashland won't come within 3 scores of JC the next 5 years and won't beat JC for the next 8 years.

ADVERTISEMENT