ADVERTISEMENT

State Champion Predictions - After Week 2

Wildcat_18

KP Junior
Sep 16, 2014
I saw this on another board and thought it would be interesting to see where everyone stands and how opinions change periodically throughout the season. I will try to repost this in about 3-game increments or so to see how everyone's mind changes based on weekly performance.

1A - Beechwood - However, I think Pikeville and Paintsville are right on their heels.

2A - Mayfield - Don't hate me DeSales. There's time to change my mind. It's early.

3A - Belfry - This is the most wide-open class to me. There are 5-6 teams I can see taking it when the dust settles. Some will call me crazy when I say this. By the end, watch out for Corbin.

4A - Johnson Central - This could literally be a toss-up with South Warren, but I think JC has the slight edge. No one else has a shot. Take that to the bank.

5A - Pulaski County - I don't think PC is clear-cut by no means. With that said, I haven't been overly impressed with anyone else in the class. Bowling Green would be my only other consideration at this point. Owensboro has the opportunity to jump in there this week if they want. I'm trying not to give up on Highlands, but they're making it difficult.

6A - Trinity - It's hard to go against Trinity. I could see an upset with either Male or Scott County though.

I saw this on another board and thought it would be interesting to see where everyone stands and how opinions change periodically throughout the season. I will try to repost this in about 3-game increments or so to see how everyone's mind changes based on weekly performance.

1A - Beechwood - However, I think Pikeville and Paintsville are right on their heels.

2A - Mayfield - Don't hate me DeSales. There's time to change my mind. It's early.

3A - Belfry - This is the most wide-open class to me. There are 5-6 teams I can see taking it when the dust settles. Some will call me crazy when I say this. By the end, watch out for Corbin.

4A - Johnson Central - This could literally be a toss-up with South Warren, but I think JC has the slight edge. No one else has a shot. Take that to the bank.

5A - Pulaski County - I don't think PC is clear-cut by no means. With that said, I haven't been overly impressed with anyone else in the class. Bowling Green would be my only other consideration at this point. Owensboro has the opportunity to jump in there this week if they want. I'm trying not to give up on Highlands, but they're making it difficult.

6A - Trinity - It's hard to go against Trinity. I could see an upset with either Male or Scott County though.

I can agree on most of them. Paintsville is a good "dark horse".

DeSales will hate you. haha But I think the Colts will three-peat.

Having a hard time believing JC will win 4A because they usually choke. And I think their schedule doesn't prepare them for the state tournament, or at least it hasn't in the past. (Haven't looked at it this year, though.)

Highlands is wheat grass, son.
tony-perkis-heavy-weights--large-msg-132259951118.jpg

One of the other three shall be the champ.

And as well in 6A. One of those three will prevail.

I can agree on most of them. Paintsville is a good "dark horse".

DeSales will hate you. haha But I think the Colts will three-peat.

Having a hard time believing JC will win 4A because they usually choke. And I think their schedule doesn't prepare them for the state tournament, or at least it hasn't in the past. (Haven't looked at it this year, though.)

Highlands is wheat grass, son.
tony-perkis-heavy-weights--large-msg-132259951118.jpg

One of the other three shall be the champ.

And as well in 6A. One of those three will prevail.

I'm not willing to call Johnson Central's lack of playoff success a choke as much as I'm willing to say that the CovCath / Highlands duo are historically just plain better. One of those two teams has eliminated JC every year since 2008. However, had this year's alignment kept those guys in 4A, I'm not so sure this wouldn't have been the year JC beat them both. On that same note, I do very much agree that JC normally waters down the schedule pretty bad and I'm sure that does hurt in the end.

Tired of hearing the CC FTh excuse of not being in finals. IMO CC has been overrated the last few years. 4A has more than 2 teams in the running and you can take that to the bank.

Tired of hearing the CC FTh excuse of not being in finals. IMO CC has been overrated the last few years. 4A has more than 2 teams in the running and you can take that to the bank.

Let's see if someone can get past the CovCath / Highlands match-ups and finally win a 4A state championship. I will take that to the bank. $$$

ADVERTISEMENT