ADVERTISEMENT

Monroe Co. @ Tilghman Nov. 7 -- 3A playoffs

Rock3

KP Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2009
Picking PT (5-5) to win 31-14 over Monroe (2-8), which has had a challenging year. Truth be told, neither team has set the world on fire tho PT appears headed in the right direction and has won four of its last five.

My prediction was based on the fact that half of Bowling Green will be there to scout the game and I doubt that Tilghman will unleash all of its weapons or risk injuring any of its key players by trying to pad the score in late in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I do not see anything that would impede Tilghman from scoring like they have in their other 3A district games but there is something to be said for keeping the powder dry for future conflicts.

Originally posted by Rock3:
My prediction was based on the fact that half of Bowling Green will be there to scout the game and I doubt that Tilghman will unleash all of its weapons or risk injuring any of its key players by trying to pad the score in late in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I do not see anything that would impede Tilghman from scoring like they have in their other 3A district games but there is something to be said for keeping the powder dry for future conflicts.All Bowling Green/Warren County schools, except Greenwood, have home games this Friday. So, unless I'm missing something, why would they drive all the way to PT?

Aside from Monroe having half their team on the injured list They still have a really good team suprisingly. The thing that is hurting Monroe this year more than injuries is their line. They have enough skill players to make up 2 teams. I say if a miracle happens and the line actually starts playing the game the score will be closer than most think but until the line steps up its hard for any team to win a game. So on that note i say if the monroe line comes to play I say the score will be 31-28 Monroe and if they come playing like normal ill say blow out by PT.

25 players out, this will be a running clock real fast. Even if they had nobody out it would be a very hard game. But then, had they not lost anyone they wouldn't have lost over two games and would probably be playing as a district runner up.

Not only having all the injuries, the whole program has faltered in one way or another this season. Still should not have lost three of the games they did. PT will realize all this pretty quick.

Tilghman shouldn't have any problems with this game. They seem to be on the right track. South Warren will be their first real test.

Not the most inspiring of performances but good enough to win. I saw a couple PT TD's called back by the zebras.

I was told some PT players had to sit out this game and there were some last minute lineup changes.

Credit to Monroe which played as hard on the last play as they did on the 1st play. Time to dig out my long handles for next weekend...

ADVERTISEMENT