ADVERTISEMENT

McCracken County vs. Ft. Campbell

roundballking

KP Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2002
Mustangs aren't going to get past the 2nd round again with that defense. Christ almighty. Fort Campbell is leading in the 1st quarter.

You could really tell how much people respect Haskins by their reactions to what happened. He's a legend for Western Kentucky high school football and the people in the stands were extremely concerned - I even saw/heard several women crying.

The football team though, will have to step up their D if they want to contend in the playoffs. Their offense is the real deal, but their defense can't take a quarter or two to warm up. Need to see some improvement on that side of the ball before anyone predicts them winning more than one game in the playoffs.

The defense was horrible in the 1st quarter. They can't do that against the Super District.

Agree that the defense needs much improvement. Getting Alexander back is going to be huge. Keeping Pooh healthy is another problem. As for the offense, yes they are explosive, but when you commit 5 or 6 turnovers a game... Ft. Campbells defense was really bad. 5 turnovers & still score 72 points????? Wow!

Originally posted by STEADY-ROCKIN87:
Agree that the defense needs much improvement. Getting Alexander back is going to be huge. Keeping Pooh healthy is another problem. As for the offense, yes they are explosive, but when you commit 5 or 6 turnovers a game... Ft. Campbells defense was really bad. 5 turnovers & still score 72 points????? Wow!
The good news is two-fold:

1) The defense has performed very well at times,

2) they have time to achieve consistency.

If this team plays as it should, it can run the table. Then a murderous playoff draw.

Very true. With this being the travel year for the west, they still have to get past the second round. Henderson is down a bit this year, so the district is in favor of the Mustangs. Running the table in the reg season is obtainable. But Central Hardin & Meade are no pushovers. Aren't they undefeated as well? I don't see McCracken facing a tougher team than what they saw in Southhaven. At least not til the third round of the playoffs if the make it that far. It'll be interesting to see how they finish up the second half of the season.

Someone correct me if Im wrong but if McCracken wins the 1st district they will play the 4th place team from the 4th district.
That district is:
Trinity- 4-2 against all out of state powerhouses
St. Xavier- 4-2
Male- 5-0
DuPont Manual- 5-0
So no easy task in the 1st round. Pick your poison.

See, that's where I'm lost. Last season it was 1st district vs. second district. Has that already changed before the reclassification slotted for next season? I was baseing my opinion on the playoff format of last season.

Originally posted by Big Blue 09:
Someone correct me if Im wrong but if McCracken wins the 1st district they will play the 4th place team from the 4th district.
That district is:
St. Xavier- 4-2
Male- 5-0
DuPont Manual- 5-0
I'm afraid you are correct. A win against any of these teams would be awesome. Then again, if they are able to pull off two wins, who knows what would happen.

Originally posted by redleg13:

Originally posted by Big Blue 09:
That district is:
St. Xavier- 4-2
Male- 5-0
DuPont Manual- 5-0
I'm afraid you are correct. A win against any of these teams would be awesome. Then again, if they are able to pull off two wins, who knows what would happen.
-----Not right, the 5th place team from District 6, not District 4 is the four seed in the 2nd district for the playoffs-----

6A is different than all other classes. They rotate districts for regional play. Look it up. 1 plays 4 this year, which means the fourth place team from the 'Super District' comes to McCracken. Then second round would be at McCracken also, most likely against another team from the 'Super'. And if, by some chance, McCracken plays well enough to win those games, a trip to the #1 seed from the 'Super' would be in order. Talk about murderers row.

How times have changed at Fort Campbell from the days they used to run up the score on every team they played.

Originally posted by STEADY-ROCKIN87:
Whats really sad is Ft. Campbell was winning this game in the 1st qtr. 20-14.
Yes, the defense came out flat. But like with Dyer Co. and other games they were able to adjust. The problem is when they have to play the Super District they may not have time to recover if they have defensive lapses. There is enough talent there to improve and be much more consistent.

ADVERTISEMENT