ADVERTISEMENT

what happenned to this board?

Dragon, thanks for the info. Sounds like to me, the school district wanted to make sure WC has the lowest socioeconomic status of all the schools so they could blame the low test scores on WC. But with the socioeconomic problems comes some advantages if leaders in the school can come together.

I think WC has a good football coach. Hopefully, the WC supporters can rally around him and help build this thing back up. WC will always have good athletes, but the key is getting good people around those kids as early as possible. Keep in mind, if BG can get all those out of district kids so can WC. You're never more than a couple of years away from the tables turning, good or bad.

This board has really fallen off. I used to be a moderator on this board when it seems it was wide open. I wish it would get back to that.

Warren East has fallen on tough times, ACS has had a tough row to hoe the last few years and as a result their supporters, who were quite vocal, have drifted away.
The Mayfield bunch thinks the grass is "Bluer" elsewhere.

Maybe there will come a day when that other place becomes as Yogi said: "It's too crowded, nobody goes there anymore."

Just passing through by happenstance, but IIRC...A lot of the talk back in the day was old 2A & 3A - Region 1.

I used to come over and lurk once every week or two. That was when the UK rivals site had a direct link to this one. That is no longer there since the change to the new forums. That could be one of the reasons for less traffic, maybe some thought it went away.

I never noticed a lot of cross over between KYpreps and the UK boards. The thing that drew people here was that there weren't such stringent controls. "Conversations" were allowed to bloom so to speak. Being a mod was both entertaining and challenging.
At some point threads were locked and/or combined and it proved stifling.

Just passing through by happenstance, but IIRC...A lot of the talk back in the day was old 2A & 3A - Region 1.
Wow whip I haven't seen you in ages of course I haven't been here in Years used to be a Mod when Wade Holland(CLegend33) ran things those where the glory days

I check in from time to time, but don't see much traffic that I find interesting. I guess it ebbs and flows.

I'll look at it this way...Sometimes it's good for boards to die down for a reality check. Sometimes change and improvement is a good thing. Nothing wrong with revamping.

It should pick back up soon a bluegrass preps had ended their free membership so all should be back here soon. It was a good deal to give out free memberships for a year to try to get people to join but people will not pay money to be on a message board.

ADVERTISEMENT