ADVERTISEMENT

Warren East

Raider 1

KP Hall of Fame
Aug 4, 2001
Justin Chaffin, new head football coach at Warren East. Played for the Raiders. Has coached at WE, FS, BG and Greenwood.
A good hire.
This post was edited on 2/9 8:59 PM by Raider 1

NEWSFLASH.....Raiders top prospect Willie Reynolds is now a gator....... Chaffin off to a GREAT start......I wonder what will happen next in Raiderland??

This post was edited on 3/6 5:59 PM by wdj1

Originally posted by wdj1:
NEWSFLASH.....Raiders top prospect Willie Reynolds is now a gator....... Chaffin off to a GREAT start......I wonder what will happen next in Raiderland??

This post was edited on 3/6 5:59 PM by wdj1

So Reynolds is transferring to Greenwood High School? That is strange. Wonder how he will be eligible.

Man, I wish we could get one of these prospects to just fall out of the sky into our laps. Always seemed to work in basketball.....

You a funny man DF,I won't discuss transfers over the last 30 years........Does district realignment start this Fall for the raiders?

It does. We get treated to an old school local district minus Bowling Green. East, Franklin-Simpson, Central, AC/S, and South Warren for good measure.

So you posted that Reynolds is a Gator. I'm just curious if you mean he has left Warren East for Greenwood or something else?

So a 5-team district will mean 1 team stays home each fall?
Yep. One of the lucky few districts to have someone that will stay home. It's the same for District 1 as well, but it's likely that the one that misses will be from Calloway County, Hopkins County Central, and Logan County.

I doubt the realignment will favor the raiders. The Dragons on the other hand must be ecstatic.

Four years ago Warren Central would have ruled this district like a king. Their ecstasy now basically just extends to getting the hell away from Bowling Green.

Reactions: Adopted Purple
I doubt the realignment will favor the raiders. The Dragons on the other hand must be ecstatic.
Why do you dislike the Raiders wdj1?

Leaving the BG district is like a dream fulfilled in Dragon-land I'd imagine. No dislike toward raiders, just amazed at what the administration lets happen on transfers when teams are bottom dwelling in 14th Dist. Competition and football seems to be soon to follow.

I don't know what you mean by "let happen" on transfers. I bet East will be fighting his eligibility tooth and nail.

Leaving the BG district is like a dream fulfilled in Dragon-land I'd imagine. No dislike toward raiders, just amazed at what the administration lets happen on transfers when teams are bottom dwelling in 14th Dist. Competition and football seems to be soon to follow.
Maybe if parents would keep their kids at Warren East these things would not happen.

Nobody at East will fight the Reynolds move, history has proven that. And as far as future transfers thers no reason to think it won't cont continue. Twenty years of history has proven that too........WOW!! A history lesson.

Nobody at East will fight the Reynolds move, history has proven that. And as far as future transfers theres no reason to think it won't cont continue. Twenty years of history has proven that too........WOW!! A history lesson.

This post was edited on 3/13 3:31 PM by wdj1

Yep, instead of staying and helping to build the program, lets leave. No dedication to the school where in most cases the parents or other family members attended. Has nothing to do with administration.

You sure seem to be an expert on everything that goes on at WE.

East best returning player left to go to the school where the new coach is from.

That's all you know? You seem to have all kinds of information on past events with WE athletics. Please share.

East best returning player left to go to the school where the new coach is from.
East's "best player" in 2010 left to go to Edmonson Co where he would go on to be an All State player....BUT by the time that young man was a Sr., in 2012 Edmonson was going 3-8 while East went 13-1.

Beware, the grass isn't always greener.

Thanks W.E. Raider. I'm still waiting for Wdj1 to share his vast knowledge of the Warren East athletic situation.

I though the young RB was kicked off the team before the season ended by the former coach anyway??

W.E.- JT leaving was another disappointment, not used to losing athletes to EdCo. They were undefeated his JR. season till Ft Cambell came calling in playoffs so not a completely lost career. As to greener grass I'd think you know firsthand about that.

Lexi- He was back on team for playoffs after a brief mid-season vacation.

R1- Ask a question and I will try to help you

Tell me about all the problems with athletics at WE and why certain parents sent their kids to BG.

I'm sure parents are thinking they are getting their kids a better education, athletic exposure and possibility of advancing in post seasons. BG is not the biggest problem as most transfers opt for Dragonland ...........and remember the first East Mr Basketball was a Gator. So I guess they just like leaving.

And how are they getting a better education at BG and WC? Please explain further. More athletic exposure.....Eli Brown signs with UK. Interesting.

I'm sure parents are thinking they are getting their kids a better education, athletic exposure and possibility of advancing in post seasons. BG is not the biggest problem as most transfers opt for Dragonland ...........and remember the first East Mr Basketball was a Gator. So I guess they just like leaving.
This is breaking news to me! Pretty sure a 4* LB transferred from WC to WE, but I could be mistaken.

This post was edited on 3/23 9:58 AM by BIG BLACK JACK

LeRoy A, G Fant, Green, Amos, Murray, Bledsoe........That's quick recall(more if need be)...... I'm still puzzled why Eli jumped ship, I guess sharing spotlight at WC and being under BGs thumb didn't appear as appealing as being a solo headliner at East and not playing BG.

R1 do you really want BG & east ACT scores posted? And being in the post season spotlight virtually every year has its perks, kids like to be seen. East shining star is they have 2 Mr Baseballs playing for a living.

Post them. If those kids would stay at East where they are supposed to go to school, Warren East would be in the post season spotlight virtually every year. Parents need to be dedicated to the school where they attended. I think you may be one of those parents.

Competitive marketplace.....obviously you do not feel that Education should be subjected to competition. Let me make sure I am clear on your philosophy. Build a school, allow it to operate for two decades with questionable support and a series of less than stellar hirings and still expect the consumer (parents) to to invest into your school simply because of an address.

Test scores, facilities, quality of educational opportunity, AP programs, scholarship dollars, financial support for extra-cirricular programs, quality of extra-cirricular programs, and the general social / educational experience all play a role for parents who make a decision to change the course of their child's education. If your answer is to tell those parents that are wrong simply because a school sits closer to their house is a failure to understand the issues that precede the decision.

ADVERTISEMENT