ADVERTISEMENT

Owensboro High School JOB OPEN

Originally posted by Lilly Creek:
It and they will come. Hopefully this year gets them on that path.

It wasn't too long ago that people were saying the same about Bowling Green, ya know?

....and, that was long after the job fell into a current assistant on staff (3rd or 4th in line for the job) named Kevin Wallace.

As they say, the rest is history.
Huh?

...that was 20 years ago.

...AND Kevin Wallace entered the BG job with ten years Head Coaching experience in football including a win over BG...and multiple years Head Coaching experience in baseball including a Final Four run...and multiple years experience as an Athletic Director. He was hardly a babe in the woods being handed a job that he had little no no prior experience of what to expect or how to operate.

Raider

I agree with everything you said.

All I'm saying is that for the longest of times, everybody across the state thought the same exact things about Bowling Green. That's all. I have no dog in the fight. For all I know, this guy might take a Corvette and turn it into a Maserati, or he could somehow manage to turn the Vette into a 83 Dodge Pinto.

....with the talent I hear they have coming up, I don't know how anybody could screw it up.

It shocked me (and, still has).
This post was edited on 3/2 11:23 AM by Lilly Creek

If anything using Wallace being hired at BG as positive spin on this hire for those close to the program who might be questioning (I couldn't care less regardless).

Coach Wallace told several of us one time his story, that I don't think any of us knew. More or less, "I was a HC for 10 years, w/ a record of about 20 games below .500 and only one winning season in those 10 years. And I get a job at a place that cares about it & has athletes out the ying yang. The rest is history."

That's HIM telling that, not me. I was oblivious to all of that, except for the fact that I knew he was about 3rd/4th choice for the job when Haley originally left for Cumberland College back in the late fall of 95/early winter of 96.

This post was edited on 3/2 11:37 AM by Lilly Creek

ADVERTISEMENT