ADVERTISEMENT

Owensboro High School JOB OPEN

Jan 22, 2015
Who do we all think will take over for Coach Prince. He did a great job and we all thank him for his service and stamp on the program. Will this be a in house hire or will they look outside like they did with coach prince.

1st of all if this is true thanks to Coach Prince for his service to the Owensboro community. His teams played disciplined hard nosed football. He also did a lot of off the field stuff for the program. He's a good man. With that being said OHS will probably hire from within or at least someone that was formerly on staff(Like Prince was.) I don't know that Owensboro has ever had a football coach that wasn't a former player or former coach.

I'd like to thank coach Joe Prince for his time at Owensboro High. As devilschild said, he's done a tremendous amount of good for the program. He's instilled an environment of discipline, hard work, and students who get it done in the classroom. He's also been great in getting the new turf, new weights, and naming the field house after Gerald Poynter. While I've been disagreed with the play calling over the years, everything else has been A+++++. Thank you Joe Prince for your service at OHS.

As for his replacement....OHS needs to form a committee, and go out and find a head coach that can take them to the next level. I see no reason that OHS can't be at the level that Bowling Green is at. The next coach will be crucial because I feel like OHS is at the crossroads. From this point, OHS can take the next step and become a regional power or OHS can be content with winning the city-county title every year. I don't know anything yet. Heck, we haven't even heard officially from coach Prince. Should be interesting to watch....

devil.r191677.gif

If my memory serves me right, there were several Devils fans wanting to get rid of Prince a few years back

MArk Mathis is tweeting Prince resigned to take a head coaching job in Virginia. hate to see him go. he was a class act.

I predict John Edge and Owensboro will be in talks. Whether owensboro will offer (which I predict they will) or whether Edge takes it remains to be seen

I can't see OHS offering Edge and I can't see him wanting to coach at OHS. If HE made the initial move, I think they would consider it - he's a solid coach. My thought is he's a Catholic guy and that's his dream job.

I would look at some Highlands or BG assistants, but OHS usually likes to hire within the family.

If the administration at Catholic gives John the support he deserves then I would guess he will stay. If they continue down the path they have been going then I think he could and should leave.

what support does he not have? I'm not trying to be confrontational with that question. I'd like to know what they are doing that might make a coach want to leave.

One of the assistants needs to be in charge of making sure fans don't get thrown out of games.

It will be DeLacey, Reese, Houston, Harrison, Fallin, or Hall as the Head Coach.
This post was edited on 2/3 2:04 PM by Green Nation2

Do you know for sure or you just guessing?The only one they should consider out of that group is Delacey maybe Hall,any of the other ones would be a mistake.

Originally posted by ddevil:
Do you know for sure or you just guessing?The only one they should consider out of that group is Delacey maybe Hall,any of the other ones would be a mistake.

Hearsay from around town. DeLacey is the coach they are talking about don't know the rest of them, but his name is the one that keeps getting thrown in.

Not sure if true, but was told Marcus Kimbrell has applied.
It would make sense since Prince leaves there is a PE opening.

The word im hearing is that the hire will come in house. I don't know if that's true or not, but that's what I'm hearing. That would mean it could be John Delacey, Todd Houston, or Jay Fallin. I don't know if any of the other assistants have applied or not. I have herd that Marcus Kimbrell has applied.

There you have it. That's everything I've heard, which isn't much.

devil.r191677.gif

Former OHS assistant and former Ohio County head coach, yes. Had heard he was the front runner for the job.

Someone told me today that Houston may NOT be the guy. Who knows??? We've had some people digging for some good info but i guess we'll have to be patient and wait it out.

OHS will be announcing the new football coach this Sunday at 3pm in the OHS locker room.

devil.r191677.gif

I sure wish they would have brought someone in from outside the program. Owensboro High should be winning championships on a regular basis. Coach Prince jumped ship when his stock was the highest. Probably a good move. I hope the new guy will utilize all the talent available to him and build a great program and not a one and done.

It and they will come. Hopefully this year gets them on that path.

It wasn't too long ago that people were saying the same about Bowling Green, ya know?

....and, that was long after the job fell into a current assistant on staff (3rd or 4th in line for the job) named Kevin Wallace.

As they say, the rest is history.

Jay was an Offensive and Defensive Lineman at Hancock and was on 2 of the most succesful HC teams in recent memory. 03 and 04, Hancock had some great wins but thatssmall ball! I hope he does well, he can do it i believe!

I had a feeling the hire would be from within. I don't know this gentleman but I was hoping beyond hope there would be a hire that would be a statement across the Commonwealth. This definitely wasn't it but I'll be pulling for the Devils like I always do.

ADVERTISEMENT