ADVERTISEMENT

Owensboro Catholic vs Murray

Touchdown...Jesus

KP Rookie
Sep 19, 2011
Surprised there is no talk about this game...Murray has been a thorn in Edge's side the last few years. Who wins this time around?

Same "ifs" as the last 4 years between OC and Murray....if Murray grounds and pounds, controls clock and keeps OC offense off the field, it may be a long night for the Aces similar to 2011. If OC can get the lead early, Murray is in trouble. Due to the cold weather, it will probably come down to turnovers. OC 41 Murray 35

Originally posted by Acesup23:
Same "ifs" as the last 4 years between OC and Murray....if Murray grounds and pounds, controls clock and keeps OC offense off the field, it may be a long night for the Aces similar to 2011. If OC can get the lead early, Murray is in trouble. Due to the cold weather, it will probably come down to turnovers. OC 41 Murray 35
The last 3 years have been Aces offense turning it over.
Turnover last year: Opening play fumble for TD, Game tie field goal blocked for TD, and then pick 6 for TD.

QB for Ocath must play mistake free football. He can't throw 3 interceptions and win. OC has the players to win this game, but it must be smart and play some great D. Don't give Murray any freebies (pick six or easy field position) and I think Catholic wins.

I think Catholic DOES get the lead here and controls the game. the Aces can run or throw it. I'm assuming everyone is healthly for OC.

OC 42 Murray 28

If Carholic doesn't turn it over, they win the game. This offense is averaging 52 PPg and I don't see them slowing down if they can take care of the football. Murray may be able to control the clock but that's not going to matter if OC can hit big plays like they have all year. I think Zuerber is in for a big night and I think Catholic moves on.

It should be another one of those close games just like they always play and either team can win, just like someone else said there can be no turnovers in this game for the winner. I don't think Catholic can run effectively against Murray and I don't know if Murray can stop Catholics passing game since there best corner number 3 is out, but I still think Catholic will have to pass to beat them. Murray is a little different this year and can move the ball through the air, their q-back is extremely quick and can throw the ball pretty good in addition to running the hybrid offense behind that big line.

Murray just seems to run out of gas against high octane offenses (Mayfield, Caldwell) after playing a half or 3 quarters of great football. That being said I like O Cath. 38-31.

Originally posted by Touchdown...Jesus:

Surprised there is no talk about this game...Murray has been a thorn in Edge's side the last few years. Who wins this time around?
Doesn't matter. Winner gets the unenviable invitation to a Caldwell a$$ kicking the next Friday night.

/s/ TLDude

Originally posted by SECHonk:

Doesn't matter. Winner gets the unenviable invitation to a Caldwell a$$ kicking the next Friday night.

/s/ TLDude
I don't get this. Every week is survive and advance. Starting next week, Caldwell better play A++ if they expect to advance.

devil.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 11/13 7:03 PM by Devils58

..Murray has been a thorn in Edge's side the last few years.
-----Coach Duncan may have been a thorn but this will be Coach Hodge's first trip to Steele as the head Coach. Murray is fast and quick but the constant chirping of this bunch will quite down this week. OC's backyard QB leads the state in passing yards and td's this season and with his stable of receivers will continue that trend. Edge gets the Tiger monkey off his back. It will be a long bus ride home for the Tigers. Many in the West are looking forward to the offensive explosion next week between OC and Caldwell.-----

Aces turn it over on downs inside the 15 then both teams go 3 and out. Murray driving with 6 minutes in the first quarter.

This post was edited on 11/14 8:13 PM by Aces Fan

Aces fumble inside the 20, aces have been in the Murray red zone all night and only have 9 points.

Aces offense continues to shoot themselves in the foot with another fumble around midfield. It seems every year catholic does this against Murray. Way to many penalties and turnovers for the Aces.

Catholic punts to murray after more offensive mistakes. Murray ball at midfield under 7 minutes left.

Aces have the ball at the 6 and throw a pick, the amount of errors in this game from catholic is astonishing.

Murray will win it 20-9. I don't know what it is but Murray just owns the Aces.

This post was edited on 11/14 10:29 PM by Aces Fan

-----Congratulations to the Tigers. I guess they do have OC's number. I like my crow grilled,
smile.r191677.gif
-----

What is the old saying? Offense sells tickets. Defense wins championships. Catholic was averaging 53 points a game. The previous lowest points in a game by Catholic was in a 50-34 loss to Owensboro in the third game of the season.

Originally posted by WhiteEagle

Many in the West are looking forward to the offensive explosion next week between OC and Caldwell.-----
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Looks like many in the West will be disappointed. Way too many turnovers for OC. Plus a lot of personal fouls

This post was edited on 11/15 1:11 AM by BadCrackerMan

ADVERTISEMENT