ADVERTISEMENT

McCracken County

So does everyone (PT fans) still believe it was their defense that beat McCracken? McCracken as I've said is not as explosive as previous years, but they've seemed to have found their groove. Even talking to Mayfield fans at the game tonight, they said how did McCracken lose to PT? Obviously I don't know what I'm talking about when I say " IT WAS NOT PT's defense."

So does everyone (PT fans) still believe it was their defense that beat McCracken? McCracken as I've said is not as explosive as previous years, but they've seemed to have found their groove. Even talking to Mayfield fans at the game tonight, they said how did McCracken lose to PT? Obviously I don't know what I'm talking about when I say " IT WAS NOT PT's defense."

Fact 1: PT's defense held McCracken to 7 points
Fact 2: PT scored 21 points on offense
Fact 3: PT won the football game

Fact 1: PT's defense held McCracken to 7 points
Fact 2: PT scored 21 points on offense
Fact 3: PT won the football game
Look, I love McCracken, but PT was the better team to open the season. It may well be true that McCracken didn't play its best game against Tilghman, but you have to credit PT's defense for that result.

Reactions: reallybigfan
Fact of all facts, PT's defense has given up on average 38 points per game. So there goes your fact of PT's defense right there. McCracken had an off night that's the only fact that is true here, but you're right PT did get the win I'll give you that one.

Of course it is. It's the only true fact. In this thread all I stated was both PT & McCracken are not as explosive as previous years. Is that really so far fetched? I didn't until later in another post mention that it wasn't PT's defense that won the game. TrueBlue you know over the years we've made & commented on many posts. I understand it's difficult to understand a person's tone by words alone. Truth is I wish PT the best as I always have. All I said was they along with PT aren't as explosive as recent years. Maybe that's due to their new offense or game plan. But to say it was their defense that beat McCracken is not true. Yes they won the game & have bragging rights for another year, but just as 2013 went, it shows that PT shined in week 1, only to lose to teams they should beat. I've been around football a long time, & I know the game as well as anyone, that's not being conceited that's just how I feel about the game. With that being said I've seen PT over the years & they are always a competitor because they always have the athletes. When I said that neither PT or McCracken weren't as explosive as recent years that was just my take on what I've seen from both programs over the years. It has nothing to do with who won or lost the game. Sure its a rivalry game but in the end I support both teams. I've been portrayed as a hater, or sore loser, & its just not that way. The PT/McCracken game was a sad game to watch. Maybe it was because I was used to seeing McCracken score more than 7 points. I know they were held to only 7 PT's , but I honestly don't believe it was the play of the defense that kept it at 7. Now, if PT would have held other opponents to lower scores then I'd have to reconsider my take on the defense, but "TRUEBLUE" can you not see my point here. Again I have much respect for PT, it's nothing to do with that. That game to me was like crap vs. crap. A previous description of what Category F5 said when the teams first consolidated. So I apologize to any of you KP posters I may have offended. This has turned into a p1$$1ng contest, & I'm too old to enter any contest. Best of luck to PT& McCracken the rest of the year.

If you digress, I am sure the PT faithful will too. There are no awards for what could of been, or what might be, only what was.
b7d.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT