ADVERTISEMENT

McCracken County

The Mustangs are going to be a bit different this year. They'll be running a no huddle Oregon style offense. I think they have one of the most under rated QB's in the region. They're passing game will be fun to watch. With the speed of Hughes & the size they bring to key positions they'll be a tough team for any team. Their schedule is a bit different this year adding Bowling Green as the final regular season game. With the exception of Henderson in the district, they shouldn't have much of a problem there. They should make it to the regional championship. With that being said, a new coach, & a new offense, it will depend on how the team picks up on it. Coach Jackson will have them ready for the Tornado on the 22nd.

Reactions: redleg13
The Mustangs are going to be a bit different this year. They'll be running a no huddle Oregon style offense. I think they have one of the most under rated QB's in the region. They're passing game will be fun to watch. With the speed of Hughes & the size they bring to key positions they'll be a tough team for any team. Their schedule is a bit different this year adding Bowling Green as the final regular season game. With the exception of Henderson in the district, they shouldn't have much of a problem there. They should make it to the regional championship. With that being said, a new coach, & a new offense, it will depend on how the team picks up on it. Coach Jackson will have them ready for the Tornado on the 22nd.

The new coach is a huge question, but folks around the program seem very optimistic. Lots of talent. Tough schedule outside of district. We should know something about this team after just a few games.

Reactions: STEADY-ROCKIN87
-----I will miss Jack but I think the new Coach will do just fine, in a very easy district but will lose the first game against Tilghman -----

Funny thing that someone asked about the telecast, it is usually televised by Local 6. But this year their has been no mention of it.
Coincidentally, I was just watching the 6 o'clock news and while talking about their Friday night football show, Gridiron glory, Jeff Bidwell said "some local area schools have asked that we do not broadcast their games"

I wonder what is up with that?

would take away from their ticket sales and game attendance but that shouldn't be the case here. I'm sure it would sell out regardless! speaking of Bidwell, why does he wear the same black jacket every show?

That game last night was so sad to watch. It really hurts to say this but McCracken was looks terrible. They'll be lucky to win 5 games this year. They couldn't complete passes from very poor throwing & the few that were on the money were dropped. The Mustangs had two that would have been caught for tds but were dropped. There are players on the field that have no business to be. The new coach doesn't let players play both sides of the ball for some reason. I can see that with standouts in their primary position but if they're not doing anything on offense then they should be back on defense. I was very disappointed with both teams. It's going to be a long season for both. 7 points is the lowest McCracken has ever scored. Talk about "Mixing Crap with Crap" that's all I seen last night. Pathetic!!!

That game last night was so sad to watch. It really hurts to say this but McCracken was looks terrible. They'll be lucky to win 5 games this year. They couldn't complete passes from very poor throwing & the few that were on the money were dropped. The Mustangs had two that would have been caught for tds but were dropped. There are players on the field that have no business to be. The new coach doesn't let players play both sides of the ball for some reason. I can see that with standouts in their primary position but if they're not doing anything on offense then they should be back on defense. I was very disappointed with both teams. It's going to be a long season for both. 7 points is the lowest McCracken has ever scored. Talk about "Mixing Crap with Crap" that's all I seen last night. Pathetic!!!

Can you elaborate as to what you mean "I was very disappointed with both teams". Thanks in advance.

What I meant was either team showed that they didn't have anything on offense. The last three years I've driven from MO to watch McCracken play. I've never missed a game. This year it's different. They're just not fun to watch like they've been the last few years. Not because they lost, but how they played. I understand it was the first game of the season, but both teams looked like it was the first time they'd thrown or caught a ball all season. IMO either team has that explosiveness as they've had in the past. Hughes was not impressive at all for being a UK signed, & preseason top player in the region. The only thing that stood out to me was the play of Sayveon for PT. Other than that, there wasn't much to see.

I don't know how you can say PT didn't look impressive. No there weren't many big plays but they ran the Wing-T the way it was supposed to be run. Two different 6 minute scoring drives and had a time of possession of 34 minutes. The QB was 9-11 and McCraken had no answer for stopping the run. How do you stop a high powered scoring offense? Don't let them back on the field. If a team can't stop the run why would you stop? If your kitchen sink isn't broke are you going to call a plumber and spend money for him to come fix it? Didn't think so. The defense gave up 210 yards and had 2 interceptions. Pt came in with a plan and executed it.

Reactions: reallybigfan
If Hughes continues to drop catchable TD balls, it's going to be a long year. Also thought the 'tude display was poor form.

You can't tell me it was the defense that held them to 7 points. It was not executing. The few good passes McCracken threw were dropped. Hughes was wide open behind the secondary & just dropped six points. That's not because of the defense. Passes in the flat hitting the ground three feet in front of the receiver, screen passes not getting to the receiver. It's misexecution not defense. If you were pleased with what you saw then that's your choice. It was an ugly game & not exciting to watch.

Hughes dropping the ball early wasn't because of the defense I'll give you that but the reason that the footballs were thrown at receivers feet is because of the pressure put on Jones. The drops happened because PT was constantly hitting and jamming receivers throwing off the routes. I understand you may be upset because you expected to see 60 points scored but you don't hold a team to 210 yards of offense with the only score coming from a defensive player slanting the wrong way without being a good football team.

PT's defense is not as good as you think. Jones had all day to throw & couldn't get the ball to his receivers. You'll see what I mean when PT plays a better team. Because as hard as it is to say McCracken is not a good team this year. Both PT & McCracken will make the playoffs because they're in such weak districts. PT will make it deeper as expected, but they don't have the talent they've had in the past. I wish the best for both. Alot of the Mayfield team seen the game, & I know they're chomping at the bit to play both PT & McCracken. Because they will have their way with both.

What I meant was either team showed that they didn't have anything on offense. The last three years I've driven from MO to watch McCracken play. I've never missed a game. This year it's different. They're just not fun to watch like they've been the last few years. Not because they lost, but how they played. I understand it was the first game of the season, but both teams looked like it was the first time they'd thrown or caught a ball all season. IMO either team has that explosiveness as they've had in the past. Hughes was not impressive at all for being a UK signed, & preseason top player in the region. The only thing that stood out to me was the play of Sayveon for PT. Other than that, there wasn't much to see.

Thank you for elaborating on your prior statement. I suspected that is what you were going to say, but I wanted to be sure.
Truth be told, I take what you say with a grain of salt because you are routinely way off the mark in many of your posts.
On August 6 you said MCHS has:
"one of the most underrated QBs in the region. Their passing game will be fun to watch. With the speed of Hughes & the size they bring to key positions they'll be a tough team for any team. Coach Jackson will have them ready for the Tornado on the 22nd."
Judging by last Saturday, you could not have been more wrong.

I'm sorry if the game was not as exciting as you would have liked. But to degrade a fine PT performance because the game was not a touchdown orgy seems like sour grapes to me. PT dictated the pace of the game and was able to control MCHS offense, holding MCHS to the least points (and almost certainly the least yardage) in school history. Was some of that poor execution on the Mustang's part? Absolutely. But some of it was due to the defensive scheme and the execution by PT. If you were being honest you would admit it.
On the other side of the ball, PT was able to control the clock and run the ball AT WILL the last 3 quarters and that had a lot to do with taking MCHS out of it's game plan and keeping them off stride. I don't know how many first downs PT got but it was a ton. You don't have to enjoy it, but ball control offense and a stingy defense still wins games, just ask Mayfield.

The good news for MCHS is the remainder of their schedule looks pretty doable with the exception of a tough game against Mayfield in a few weeks and then the final against BG. If they can learn from their mistakes, they can still go on to a good season and maybe a run in the playoffs since this is a non super district year for them.

Reactions: truebluefan89
Jack should've been coaching at Tilghman (thank you Art Davis), Mike Rogers is a program builder! When the players return (Jack was a better recruiter than coach) look out! The Big Blue might return to the Haley/Cox glory days! Speaking of quarterbacks, i believe the young Mr. Dunnigan served notice that he the leader of a potent offense that can control a game and get the job done.

Okay I get it, the PT bandwagon is in motion once again. Believe what you will, as I said when you play a good team like Mayfield, see how your offense makes the defense win games. If you believe it was the defense that stopped McCracken, keep believing. What I said about the "most underrated QB" was a my take on how he played last season & one would assume would carry over to this season. Making a prediction about a player or up coming season does not make a wrong prediction a contradictory statement. There's nothing left to say, the game was not exciting because both teams stunk up the field. PT is not what you believe they are & you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you believe they're something they're not. Male mopped the field with them & they're really good. PT won the game by 14 because of bad pases & dropped balls, not because they had long sustainable drives. For some reason McCracken had their best defensive players from last year on offense. & they did nothing. I'm done here, you'll see what I'm getting at in a few weeks. Til then keep drinking your kool aid.

Hughes is too good of an athlete not to have a touch on every play. MC needs to go back and look at what Fort Campbell did in its glory years with Antonio Andrews in the shotgun. Hughes is going to have to take snaps or play QB. If he is not getting but 10-12 touches a game then that is a fundamental problem. He cant score if he does not get the touches.

I would not be so quick to dismiss Dunigan. He is poised to have a breakout year and has all the size, speed and ability he needs to be successful. But this year he has a supporting cast and is not running out of the pocket to avoid sacks like he was forced to do last year. Tilghman was really just average last year. They are better this year. We will know how much better after Friday.

I wish McCracken well, but to be taken seriously, they should not be losing to 3A schools and possibly smaller ones.

Okay I get it, the PT bandwagon is in motion once again. Believe what you will, as I said when you play a good team like Mayfield, see how your offense makes the defense win games. If you believe it was the defense that stopped McCracken, keep believing. What I said about the "most underrated QB" was a my take on how he played last season & one would assume would carry over to this season. Making a prediction about a player or up coming season does not make a wrong prediction a contradictory statement. There's nothing left to say, the game was not exciting because both teams stunk up the field. PT is not what you believe they are & you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you believe they're something they're not. Male mopped the field with them & they're really good. PT won the game by 14 because of bad pases & dropped balls, not because they had long sustainable drives. For some reason McCracken had their best defensive players from last year on offense. & they did nothing. I'm done here, you'll see what I'm getting at in a few weeks. Til then keep drinking your kool aid.

I am not drinking anything, nor have I made any lofty predictions. My only point is that Tilghman played well (much better than anyone predicted) Saturday. You don't agree. I guess your position is that McCracken is absolutely horrible this year and Tilghman is only slightly less horrible, so we both pretty much suck equally and no one should be happy about any of it.

But after your last post I am left wondering how did PT control the ball for 34 minutes of a 48 minute game (almost 75% of the time) plus get a plethora of first downs and not have long sustainable drives? Do you even think about this stuff before you type it out? I know you are upset about your team's performance but your posts are becoming irrational and I am getting worried about you.

There is no PT bandwagon here, nor anyone drinking any kool aid here.
No one here has proclaimed PT as anything other than the winner of one game so far this year.
If you are drinking haterade, and are a fair weather fan of a team who only wants to see them when you think they are doing good, then that's your business.
I watch and support my team through thick and thin, state championships and early exits.
Always have, always will.
I think we are in for a good season, and I think MC will improve too.

If you don't believe in that, then you should probably just let it be, stay home and sulk....

If that doesn't apply to you, then don't worry about it

Peace out and Go Big BLUE!

-----Not very knowledgeable on football but I think Tilghman as usual might have some ups and downs but in the end will be there and have a great season. I keep hearing the comment on here that Jack should have been the Coach but again, I don't know much except Tilghman has done pretty good without him-----

It's so evident. As I said, it wasn't Tilghman's defense that beat McCracken. It was McCracken that beat themselves. Tilghman's is a very good 3A team & I'll always wish them the best, but they're not as good as people think they are. They DID play a tough ball control game against the Mustangs. McCracken still had the opportunities to win that game & couldn't execute. So as I sit here thinking about what I will type before I post it, all I have said is BOTH PT & McCracken are not as explosive as they have been in recent years, & it WAS NOT the defense of PT that beat McCracken. When PT played a team that didn't make the mistakes that McCracken did it proved just what I said. The defense is not as good as you believe. NOW... I rest my case. FOCKER out!

It's so evident. As I said, it wasn't Tilghman's defense that beat McCracken. It was McCracken that beat themselves. Tilghman's is a very good 3A team & I'll always wish them the best, but they're not as good as people think they are. They DID play a tough ball control game against the Mustangs. McCracken still had the opportunities to win that game & couldn't execute. So as I sit here thinking about what I will type before I post it, all I have said is BOTH PT & McCracken are not as explosive as they have been in recent years, & it WAS NOT the defense of PT that beat McCracken. When PT played a team that didn't make the mistakes that McCracken did it proved just what I said. The defense is not as good as you believe. NOW... I rest my case. FOCKER out!

From Wikipedia:
"A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument which was not advanced by that opponent.[1]

The so-called typical "attacking a straw man" argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition by covertly replacing it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and then to refute or defeat that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the original proposition
.[2][3]"

From "The Wizard of OZ; " How about a little fire scarecrow".
You actually look up things like this on Wikipedia to make a post on here? Just spit out your foot, & come to the realization that you're a complete idiot. " Do you not think about what you type before you post it". What a loser.

From "The Wizard of OZ; " How about a little fire scarecrow".
You actually look up things like this on Wikipedia to make a post on here? Just spit out your foot, & come to the realization that you're a complete idiot. " Do you not think about what you type before you post it". What a loser.

No, I provided you with the definition as I was quite certain you did not know what the term meant.

Your method of arguing consists of placing words in other people's mouths while simultaneously denying your own prior statements that have been proven to be utterly wrong.

It really is amusing to watch as your positions change from post to post.
You don't need me, you could have a pretty lively debate with yourself. At least then you would have a fair chance of winning for once.

Reactions: truebluefan89
So Mc Cracken purposely beat themselves in the Tilghman game?
How does that work exactly?
Please give references, I am intrigued

When I say that I'm taking the easy way out. I use the "beat themselves" rather than saying we had too many blown blocking assignments, too many drive killing penalties, too many plays when we didn't line up properly on defense, and whiffed on too many tackles.

Basically you don't want to admit the other team was better. If you do stuff like that a couple of times and lose by a TD that's one thing. If you do it for four quarters....maybe it's time to undergo an evaluation.

The good news for McCracken is that they seem to have made huge strides in the last week, particularly on Offense. The QB had a much improved game Friday night and hopefully silenced his critics in the stands.
I would guess that the tempo of the game was much more to the liking of the Mustang faithful, and I am sure the consumption of fireworks was up considerably from their prior outing.
It goes to show, a single week does not a season make.
Best of luck to the Mustangs the rest of the season.

Reactions: redleg13
The good news for McCracken is that they seem to have made huge strides in the last week, particularly on Offense. The QB had a much improved game Friday night and hopefully silenced his critics in the stands.
I would guess that the tempo of the game was much more to the liking of the Mustang faithful, and I am sure the consumption of fireworks was up considerably from their prior outing.
It goes to show, a single week does not a season make.
Best of luck to the Mustangs the rest of the season.

Good luck to the Tornado tonight. Like to see them snap the streak!!

ADVERTISEMENT