ADVERTISEMENT

Damien Harris makes his decision Friday

Commonwealthsports

KP All-Pro
Dec 11, 2012
Kentucky's first ever five-star, Damien Harris, will make his college decision Friday. The Madison Southern running back will choose among Kentucky, Alabama and Ohio State.

The latest is that he's leaning towards Kentucky. Although he just spent a week with the top prospects from around the country at the Under Armour All-America Game, including a bunch of Alabama commits, who were recruiting him hard during his time there.

Oh and don't forget Ohio State just upset the Tide in the College Football Playoff. Not that he's picking on who finishes the best this season, it's just something to take into account.

This post was edited on 1/5 11:36 AM by Commonwealthsports

Based on what you know, where do you think he goes? How crazy would it have been for him to postpone his decision to open the door back up for Michigan with the new staff?

-----A great high school player but does that translate into a great player at a premier football school. He knows he will play at Kentucky and be a star and a state hero for staying home. There would be questions at Alabama, Ohio State and Michigan (If he reconsidered because of Harbaugh) .He chooses Ky.-----

Originally posted by WhiteEagle:

-----A great high school player but does that translate into a great player at a premier football school. He knows he will play at Kentucky and be a star and a state hero for staying home. There would be questions at Alabama, Ohio State and Michigan (If he reconsidered because of Harbaugh) .He chooses Ky.-----
IF he choses Bama, then he will be Redshirted/ He won't play over Drake, Yeldon, and Henry. Add Scarbough and Clark to the mix and it will be a long time for a while. Comes to UK and he plays immediately. He and BOOM WILLIAMS.

-----The solidification of a commitment to the Cats came when the 5 star back from Detroit, Mike Weber, said he was going to Ohio State-----
This post was edited on 1/8 12:32 AM by WhiteEagle

Okay since I was asked by the Courier-Journal last night and I gave them my pick to run I'll give you all my pick:

I believe he's going to Kentucky.

It's really the perfect time for Harris to stay close to home and it's the perfect time for the Wildcats to grab a five-star commitment. The program showed vast improvement in 2014 and its apparent that he's going to get a lot of carries if he's wearing blue.

Harris and his mother are extremely close. With that said, I don't see him moving away from her. Although I've always heard she was planning to move where ever he attened school. I like to think that's going to be the end all be all, but don't think a move will stop them if he chooses to go elsewhere.

Coach Stoops was the lead recruiter on Harris. And it seems like the two have grown very close. I think the turning point was the South Carolina game. It showed everyone Kentucky can compete. I know the Gamecocks didn't have a good season, but at that time they were projected as one of the best teams in the east. I believe that game signified the real beginning of the Stoops era and it may have wooed Harris right then and there.

Overall I think Kentucky showed they can compete and the wildcat backs had a good year. And with respect to the current backs, none are the caliber of Harris.

While I don't think it's so much of a pull, I think being the hometown hero is intriguing to him.

Really I wouldn't be surprised if he went with Alabama, either. The Tide's record, obviously, speaks for itself and with guys like Lacy and Ingram having big years in the league it's only helping them with guys like Harris, who's goal is to play in the NFL.

Don't think he heads to OSU because the relationship between the two parties isn't what the others are. Even through it may be the best fit for His playing style i don't think the Buckeyes stand a chance Friday.

At the end of the day, Stoops continues to roll with in-state commits and playing time, proximity to home, being the hometown hero and the relationship with the head coach leads to Harris committing and later signing with Kentucky.

Kentucky snagging two big names like Elam and Harris from Ala-freakin-bama would be a huge step for the program if I've ever seen one. I didn't think I would ever see something like that in my lifetime. We're 1 for 1 so far. Hopefully he comes through for us tomorrow.

If he wants to be "THE MAN" right away, then he'll probably pick UK. If Harris wants to play for championships and in big time bowls, then he picks Bama. I suspect he wants to be the big dog and picks UK.

He'll be "The Man" right up to the point he signs that LOI...after that, he's another incoming FR who has to earn playing time. That's the business of college football. I don't blame the kid for dragging it out as long as he can. It's a smart move on his part to get the most out of them while he can.

Originally posted by W.E. Raider:
He'll be "The Man" right up to the point he signs that LOI...after that, he's another incoming FR who has to earn playing time. That's the business of college football. I don't blame the kid for dragging it out as long as he can. It's a smart move on his part to get the most out of them while he can.
He'll play today at UK and make a huge impact. They get a QB then UK will be on their way!

If he goes to Bama, he will be red shirted and not many reps in practice. Will that make him better? Who knows. He will have to prove himself in the spring, then he will have to see what Drake and Henry do. Along with Scarbough and Clark. Then to boot deal with new recruits coming in. Bama is a wonderful opportunity for him and people are going to say UK may not be for football and the NFL.

Bud Dupree will be drafted in late first round and he was on a 5-6 team.
Randell Cobb is one of the best WR in the NFL he came from UK.
Tamme is in Denver
Hell the entire LB core for UK is in Denver.
Can't say UK can't put kids in the NFL.

In the long run Harris will make the best decision for him and his future. Only person that knows that is him.

Harris will get influenced by his friends that have committed to Bama, but in the end UK wins the recruiting war.
Might be wrong, but hey that's what people asked right was predictions....

Originally posted by Deeeefense:

Originally posted by Green Nation2:

Hell the entire LB core for UK is in Denver.
Only Danny T is in Denver. Wesley & Avery are in Nashville
Correct...I stand corrected. Thanks forgot Wesley is there now. Any how I hope people get the point.

...and so much for that.
frown.r191677.gif

Why would he go to Kentucky? Alabama....14 national titles.....Saban...number one recruiting class again in the country. It's a no brainer. Always contending for a national title.

Alabama's returning RB's

Bo Scarbrough FR 4 star
Kenyon Drake Jr 4 star
Tyren Jones FR 4 star
Derrick Henry SO 4 star
Atlee Tenpenny SO 4 star
Desherrius Flowers Recruit 4 star
Damien Harris Recruit 5 star

As people love to say about UK basketball..."They ain't but one ball."

He redshirts next year...Henry and Drake (at least one) bolt for the leage after next year.

By his redshirt sophomore year, it will are start to pay off.

Selfishly, I hate it. But, for him? No brainer.

Probably the worst thing he could have done is even consider Kentucky. He is big time and committed to a big time school. That way he wouldn't have to deal with all the pissed off UK fans. I've read some pretty rough comments because he chose Alabama. Yes......He could be the man at UK...but he will have a chance to win a national championship and the recruiting class Bama has is ridiculously loaded. Elam.....I'm not that impressed with. UK was the right choice. I hope he has a great career at Bama.

ADVERTISEMENT