ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Thread: Graves-Pulaski

Originally posted by eaglealumn:

Originally posted by SECHonk:
Originally posted by oldcardfan:
then Joey Marshall will take it to the house and do his Tebow after he scores
Oh boy, can't wait for an ostentatious display of false humility. "Hey look at me everybody! God likes me so much that he lets me score touchdowns and not you!" Hope Joey Marshall gets a cramp if he's going to pull that bs.
Yeah false humility is the worst. I mean it is way worse than judging and then wishing that something negative happens to a high school kid.
Right on. Joey is a good kid and there is nothing false about him.

Originally posted by Commonwealthsports:
All that foolishness.

Just gonna let you go man.
The response I expected. I assumed that you would handle that debate a little better than just dropping the mic. You, nor anyone else can't disagree with anything I said in my previous comment. However, it IS ok to agree to disagree with someone. Not everyone is out to get you man, believe that.

Originally posted by Wildcat_18:

All that foolishness.

The response I expected. I assumed that you would handle that debate a little better than just dropping the mic. You, nor anyone else can't disagree with anything I said in my previous comment. However, it IS ok to agree to disagree with someone. Not everyone is out to get you man, believe that.
I won't because I should have just left it alone in the first place.

Taking the high road here...

Originally posted by MayfieldSportsFan:

Oh boy, can't wait for an ostentatious display of false humility. "Hey look at me everybody! God likes me so much that he lets me score touchdowns and not you!" Hope Joey Marshall gets a cramp if he's going to pull that bs.
Yeah false humility is the worst. I mean it is way worse than judging and then wishing that something negative happens to a high school kid.
Maybe. But not everyone wants to see his public display of his religious beliefs. It's show off BS under the guise of religion.

Maybe. But not everyone wants to see his public display of his religious beliefs. It's show off BS under the guise of religion.
What do you say about those folks who do not believe in the real reason for Christmas, but still observe the holiday? That bothers me, but I don't go throwing it in people's face. 95% of the people I know who have been on their death bed and weren't saved by the blood of Christ were talking about one name hours before they passed. Can you guess that name? To go through an entire life not believing to spending their last minutes in prayer. That's humility. I don't know the kid from Graves, but if he Tebow's in the endzone tomorrow night, this Pulaski fan will applaud him.

This post was edited on 12/4 3:03 PM by Wildcat_18

All that foolishness.

I won't because I should have just left it alone in the first place.

Taking the high road here...
That's an excuse for not having a logical response. I'll stick to my low road with facts if that's how you want to describe it.

What do you say about those folks who do not believe in the real reason for Christmas, but still observe the holiday? That bothers me, but I don't go throwing it in people's face. 95% of the people I know who have been on their death bed and weren't saved by the blood of Christ were talking about one name hours before they passed. Can you guess that name? To go through an entire life not believing to spending their last minutes in prayer. That's humility. I don't know the kid from Graves, but if he Tebow's in the endzone tomorrow night, this Pulaski fan will applaud him.

laugh.r191677.gif

dead.r191677.gif

What do you say about those folks who do not believe in the real reason for Christmas, but still observe the holiday? That bothers me, but I don't go throwing it in people's face. 95% of the people I know who have been on their death bed and weren't saved by the blood of Christ were talking about one name hours before they passed. Can you guess that name? To go through an entire life not believing to spending their last minutes in prayer. That's humility.

What the hell are you blabbering about? Can I guess that name? I'll give it a go: Groucho Marx?

This post was edited on 12/4 8:26 PM by SECHonk

This is a football board! Let's talk football! I have my own religious beliefs, but don't want to ruin a good conversation about football. Honk won't let anything go, because that's just the sweetheart he is. If you let him, he will ruin every thread he posts on. Besides, everyone should be making their way to the greatest little city in the country. Bowling Green! Good luck to all the teams, especially the ones I picked.

Originally posted by Adopted Purple:
This is a football board! Let's talk football! I have my own religious beliefs, but don't want to ruin a good conversation about football. Honk won't let anything go, because that's just the sweetheart he is. If you let him, he will ruin every thread he posts on. Besides, everyone should be making their way to the greatest little city in the country. Bowling Green! Good luck to all the teams, especially the ones I picked.
If any team gets a running clock on them this weekend, then they should shut down the football program.

If people are in town, and have nothing to do after the game, stop by Warren Central High and watch the basketball Dragons take on Henderson County, who some have as the favorite in the 2nd Region.
This post was edited on 12/5 9:28 AM by BIG BLACK JACK

I've seen both teams play once on TV.

Pulaski County vs Madison Southern and Graves County vs. Mayfield.

I remember Pulaski County's offensive line was crazy good. Madison Southern played without their best player so it's kind of hard to truly gauge their defense from just one game. Even though they shutout Madison Southern, nothing really stood out defensively. The weather will hurt Pulaski's scheme more since they're more of shotgun/passing oriented team. I'll say this, Pulaski's players aren't near as talented as McCracken County's and Graves beat McCracken.

If the weather stays as predicted, Crider could have a huge day.

I'd be willing to set the over/under on Crider's day at 165 yards, 2 touchdowns.

I also think Riley Hall will have a big day on his 2nd trip to BG.

Originally posted by BIG BLACK JACK:

If any team gets a running clock on them this weekend, then they should shut down the football program.

If people are in town, and have nothing to do after the game, stop by Warren Central High and watch the basketball Dragons take on Henderson County, who some have as the favorite in the 2nd Region.
Wanna hit on this, a little.

I think if there are a good number of blowouts, going back to a 4-class system should be seriously considered. I believe the KHSAA missed on that big time. Games were closer less teams. who don't deserve to be there get in, and so on.

Hopefully Graves gets shut out so none of us has to see the Joey Williams "touchdown dance". We're all Pulaski Co. fans today.
This post was edited on 12/5 11:23 AM by SECHonk

Hopefully Graves gets shut out so none of us has to see the Joey Williams "touchdown dance". We're all Pulaski Co. fans today.

Yep, you are an idiot

Originally posted by BIG BLACK JACK:

Wanna hit on this, a little.

I think if there are a good number of blowouts, going back to a 4-class system should be seriously considered. I believe the KHSAA missed on that big time. Games were closer less teams. who don't deserve to be there get in, and so on.
You need to do some research. There were lots of blowout games in the four class system.

Originally posted by Raider 1:

Yep, you are an idiot
False. Almost nailed it. Anyway, way to go Pulaski Co.!!! Couldn't be happier.

SECHonk is no idiot. A pitiful troll, yes. His pseudo intellectual comments bring to mind the farts of a social misfit... they stink up the room, everyone notices, but the only substance is a lingering smell. What to do? Put as much room as possible between you and the offensive source. I think I'll take my own advice.

Well aren't you clever. Genius I tell ya......sheer genius. Fart analogies. Brilliant. Good work. Ya got me.

I'm going to stand back some with this response in accordance with my last post. Thank you SECHonk for illustrating so well my observation of your pseudo intelligence. My reference was not a "fart" analogy, but rather a metaphor. Look it up. Your primary method of trolling on this site consists of tired sarcasm. I can't put it any better than Oscar Wilde ... "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." Seems to fit. Ramble on, I won't be listening.

Can we all agree to ignore everything, the one who shall not be named, posts? Just pretend it's not even there?

Originally posted by mindbender:
I'm going to stand back some with this response in accordance with my last post. Thank you SECHonk for illustrating so well my observation of your pseudo intelligence. My reference was not a "fart" analogy, but rather a metaphor. Look it up. Your primary method of trolling on this site consists of tired sarcasm. I can't put it any better than Oscar Wilde ... "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." Seems to fit. Ramble on, I won't be listening.
I know what a metaphor is. . . . yours was just a stupid one. I'm still on Cloud 9 that "Joey" didn't sniff the endzone.

laugh.r191677.gif

Can we all agree to ignore everything, the one who shall not be named, posts? Just pretend it's not even there?
This post was edited on 12/6 6:47 PM by SECHonk

Congrats to the Maroons of Pulaski on their state championship. Take it all in and enjoy it, then let's get back to work for 2015. Also a big shout-out to the folks at Graves, a very nice run.

Pulaski County deserved the win. The first football championship in county history. They are probably still celebrating. I know Wildcat loved it! It will be a whole new ballgame next year. Bowling Green and John Hardin will both have strong teams. Pulaski County returns just about everybody and Highlands and Covington Catholic join the fun next year. I can't wait to see my Purples rise to the occasion and conquer them all. I hope.

You got that right! I would also throw Southwestern into the mix with the rest that you've mentioned. Any other sleepers out west next year?

You got that right! I would also throw Southwestern into the mix with the rest that you've mentioned. Any other sleepers out west next year?
I don't know what Owensboro has coming back. They are always a tough win.

I don't know what Owensboro has coming back. They are always a tough win.
Oh yeah, good call. I forgot Owensboro was moving up.

ADVERTISEMENT