ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Thread: Graves-Pulaski

Commonwealthsports

KP All-Pro
Dec 11, 2012
I'm riding the Graves train all the way in, but I honestly have no expectations for this one. I think it's up in the air.

No surprise here that you're riding the Graves train. Damien Harris is not walking through that door. You fell off the Madison Southern train many weeks ago. I'll give you til Thursday to jump on the PC train. After that, the bandwagon stuff doesn't fly!

All seriousness, good luck to both teams and here's to hoping for an injury free game.

If the Crider train gets rolling it's a hard one to contain. He could go for 200+ yards. And he is not the only weapon.

BG beat Pulaski 23-6 while holding them to under 100 yards total offense.

Graves shut BG out. Zero points on the board.

Originally posted by macdon:

Pulaski was missing Hall their starting QB. IMO, this is the best matchup of the weekend, and the only game I have any interest in going to.

Originally posted by BIG BLACK JACK:

Pulaski was missing Hall their starting QB. IMO, this is the best matchup of the weekend, and the only game I have any interest in going to.
Bingo. Hall is a difference maker and the glue to the PC offense. Go ahead and put all your stock into the few games he missed. If you do that, you will be VERY disappointed come Friday night.

If the Crider train gets rolling it's a hard one to contain. He could go for 200+ yards. And he is not the only weapon.
Don't get me wrong, I know he is good. I just know how good the Pulaski defense is when they bring their A game. I'd be shocked if the entire Graves team went for 200 on the ground. The point I'm trying to make is that you do NOT want to put all your eggs in the BG comparison basket. Totally different PC team than when those two played.

Originally posted by Commonwealthsports:
Graves is the more physical team but I tend to like the Pulaski play call better.
I disagree with both of your comments. I don't know enough about Graves to make a comment on their schemes so I'll not compare. I personally think there are flaws in the PC scheme. The main one for me being that you will never see a Coach Hines team under center...even on the goal-line. I think that's insanity. In no way, shape, or form do I believe that Graves is more physical than Pulaski. But again, I've not seen enough out of Graves other than the 7-0 score that everyone likes to throw around. You've picked away from Pulaski all season. Will you finally give in when they get it done this weekend?

Pulaski County had Hall in last years championship game and lost by 35. I think Graves County's speed will be the deciding factor in this one. They both are very physical teams, but Graves County will win. I've seen Pulaski with Hall and he is a good QB, but he can't be 100% after re-injuring his shoulder. Graves County will probably have him sitting on the sidelines by halftime. Graves County 21-14.

Wildcat must you always pit me against Pulaski? I assure you there's no conspiracy against your Maroons.

I'm just picking the game the way I see it. I have kids on both sides of this game which I cover. Wiggins, Crider from Graves. Johnson, Hall from Pulaski.

And yes I like the passing game of Pulaski and it's combination routes that seem to always have someone open. Hall is also a general on the field and a very good decision maker. I also believe J-Johnson is one of the most underrated guys in the state and I plan to help him get into out camp circuit and really get some exposure.

When these two teams line up you'll see who appears to be the more physical from a stature standpoint. Graves is going to be the bigger team in this matchup, but that doesn't always correlate to being more physical. Maybe it will be the way you see it but that's the thing about HS football, especially in Kentucky, they're kids you never know what you're really going to get.

In the end, I believe Crider and his offensive line edge it out over Pulaski 24-17

This post was edited on 12/2 9:19 AM by Commonwealthsports

Bowling Green was up 23-0 on Pulaski County, when their 2nd string QB was knocked out of the game. Pulaski County lined up in the Wildcat Formation and handed the ball tho Johnson, who basically ran it up the middle. Johnson had players hanging all over him trying to bring him down. He scored late in the 4th quarter. The Purples had to load the box to finally stop him. He's a stud player and there isn't a better linebacker in the state. I don't think Alex will have to work too hard to get this kid noticed, because if you see him play, you will remember him.

Originally posted by Adopted Purple:
Pulaski County had Hall in last years championship game and lost by 35. I think Graves County's speed will be the deciding factor in this one. They both are very physical teams, but Graves County will win. I've seen Pulaski with Hall and he is a good QB, but he can't be 100% after re-injuring his shoulder. Graves County will probably have him sitting on the sidelines by halftime. Graves County 21-14.
If you think you will see the same team that went toe-to-toe against your Purples last year for a half and ended up losing to a better team, you're insane. BG was the better team last year. No one expected PC to win that game or even play with them for a half. I can't say the same thing about this year. I think Hall would have been a difference maker a few weeks ago to be honest. We'll agree to disagree on that.

Wildcat must you always pit me against Pulaski? I assure you there's no conspiracy against your Maroons.

I'm just picking the game the way I see it. I have kids on both sides of this game which I cover. Wiggins, Crider from Graves. Johnson, Hall from Pulaski.

And yes I like the passing game of Pulaski and it's combination routes that seem to always have someone open. Hall is also a general on the field and a very good decision maker. I also believe J-Johnson is one of the most underrated guys in the state and I plan to help him get into out camp circuit and really get some exposure.

When these two teams line up you'll see who appears to be the more physical from a stature standpoint. Graves is going to be the bigger team in this matchup, but that doesn't always correlate to being more physical. Maybe it will be the way you see it but that's the thing about HS football, especially in Kentucky, they're kids you never know what you're really going to get.

In the end, I believe Crider and his offensive line edge it out over Pulaski 24-17

You pit yourself against Pulaski, I don't have to do that for you.

Pulaski don't care about size. If they're choosing a lineman, they're going 5-10, 200 who is fast and physical over the 6-4, 260 soft and slow. I don't doubt Graves is bigger.

I know Johnson very well as we have the same blood running through our veins. LOL. The guy you're missing out on is Gregory. The "other" receiver. I can give you a few more names if you want a head start on next year's team. (I'm being serious.) Many parts make this machine run.

Originally posted by Wildcat_18:

Pulaski don't care about size. If they're choosing a lineman, they're going 5-10, 200 who is fast and physical over the 6-4, 260 soft and slow. I don't doubt Graves is bigger.

I know Johnson very well as we have the same blood running through our veins. LOL. The guy you're missing out on is Gregory. The "other" receiver. I can give you a few more names if you want a head start on next year's team. (I'm being serious.) Many parts make this machine run.
Have nothing but love for the Maroons. They've just been on the other end of my predictions and rankings this year. But I'm not here to prove myself, because simply I have nothing to prove. Picking against a team and having them at a certain place in the rankings does not mean I don't like them.

Now If I spouted off some nonsense about they're not that good or they're getting lucky it would be. But I don't and I won't. Said all year this was a good football team. And I'm not gonna have my words twisted.

And saying Pulaski don't care about size reminds me of the honey badger.

Honey-Badger-Dont-Care.jpg

I'm sure Pulaski is tough or they wouldn't be here. But the line matchups fall in favor of Graves here. Skill positions fall in favor of Pulaski.

Should be a good game and could go either way..

If you want to drop me some names feel free... Rather you email them or put them on the recruiting board to keep this thread pertaining to the game at hand.

Have nothing but love for the Maroons. They've just been on the other end of my predictions and rankings this year. But I'm not here to prove myself, because simply I have nothing to prove. Picking against a team and having them at a certain place in the rankings does not mean I don't like them.

Now If I spouted off some nonsense about they're not that good or they're getting lucky it would be. But I don't and I won't. Said all year this was a good football team. And I'm not gonna have my words twisted.

ec

I'm sure Pulaski is tough or they wouldn't be here. But the line matchups fall in favor of Graves here. Skill positions fall in favor of Pulaski.

If you want to drop me some names feel free... Rather you email them or put them on the recruiting board to keep this thread pertaining to the game at hand.
The fact that they've been on the other end of your predictions all year is the point I'm trying to highlight. I'm not going to directly call you insane, but you do know that definition. Doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. It's not about who you like or don't like for that matter. I don't necessarily like Trinity, but I would pick them 90% of the time because it makes sense. (If you remember I actually picked against T earlier in the year and X came through for me that time. It made sense at the time.) It all adds up. You rode Frankfort all year, they did nothing. You rode the Harris driven Madison Southern team all year, they did nothing. It's OK to be wrong, I would just think your tune would change when there was a trend.

Yeah, I can email you or something if you're interested. Can you private message on this thing?

I hope you all key on Cody Crider, then Joey Marshall will take it to the house and do his Tebow after he scores

Originally posted by oldcardfan:
I hope you all key on Cody Crider, then Joey Marshall will take it to the house and do his Tebow after he scores
I'm not taking anything away from Graves. They wouldn't be here if they weren't good. They're a dang good football team. I expect them to score, just not as much as Pulaski.

I just don't see how you could say that when Pulaski allowed 23 to Bowling Green and only scored 7 at HOME, and Graves SHUT OUT the Purples and beat them in BG.

Originally posted by LilyOfTheValley:
I just don't see how you could say that when Pulaski allowed 23 to Bowling Green and only scored 7 at HOME, and Graves SHUT OUT the Purples and beat them in BG.
This is NOT the same Pulaski team that played BG. I can't stress that enough. Pulaski was beat up pretty badly the last few weekends of the regular season. It showed at Southwestern and against BG. Injuries are just excuses though. We'll see how they bounce back this weekend. Luckily, we're almost as healthy as we have been in weeks. Hope to see an injury-free game for both squads.

I'm just not buying the "Graves beat BG and BG beat Pulaski, so Graves will beat Pulaski" mindset. Never been a huge fan of that type of analogy.

then Joey Marshall will take it to the house and do his Tebow after he scores
Oh boy, can't wait for an ostentatious display of false humility. "Hey look at me everybody! God likes me so much that he lets me score touchdowns and not you!" Hope Joey Marshall gets a cramp if he's going to pull that bs.

ec

The fact that they've been on the other end of your predictions all year is the point I'm trying to highlight. I'm not going to directly call you insane, but you do know that definition. Doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. It's not about who you like or don't like for that matter. I don't necessarily like Trinity, but I would pick them 90% of the time because it makes sense. (If you remember I actually picked against T earlier in the year and X came through for me that time. It made sense at the time.) It all adds up. You rode Frankfort all year, they did nothing. You rode the Harris driven Madison Southern team all year, they did nothing. It's OK to be wrong, I would just think your tune would change when there was a trend.

Yeah, I can email you or something if you're interested. Can you private message on this thing?
Yeah they were No. 3 in the power rankings for a little bit, big whoop. And this is my only other prediction regarding Pulaski. The fact that you're trying to cook up so issue between the Maroons and I over just that is idiotic, sir.

And we can talk circles around each other for ever, but that would be no good. For that matter as well, you never really come to any point.

Can anyone put Pulaski in any other place but No.1, state champion? I mean come on, it's not like I've been dogging them by any means. Top five in general is pretty good and thought highly of, in my book.

Look, you can agree to disagree with me without making it seem as if I have some sort of vendetta against Pulaski. Because making claims like that can hurt me, with the kids and coaches as I try to cover their recruitment. I'm also not trying to come off as if I want everyone to agree with me and if not you're wrong. That's the last thing I'm trying to do.

Coaches, parents, players all read this board and form opinions from its postings. And I don't want some imaginary beef hindering any relationship between any of those aforementioned parties.

I don't use private messenger on her but you can email me AD969812@gmail.com

Bowling Green wasn't the same when they played both teams. Using them as an example is going to leave you with a big surprise. Kids aren't robots and don't perform the same every week. I'm taking Pulaski because of balance on offense and speed on defense.

Originally posted by SECHonk:
Oh boy, can't wait for an ostentatious display of false humility. "Hey look at me everybody! God likes me so much that he lets me score touchdowns and not you!" Hope Joey Marshall gets a cramp if he's going to pull that bs.
Yeah false humility is the worst. I mean it is way worse than judging and then wishing that something negative happens to a high school kid.

Huh? Where did that come from? Disrespectful. Some things are better left unsaid.

ec

Yeah they were No. 3 in the power rankings for a little bit, big whoop. And this is my only other prediction regarding Pulaski. The fact that you're trying to cook up so issue between the Maroons and I over just that is idiotic, sir.

And we can talk circles around each other for ever, but that would be no good. For that matter as well, you never really come to any point.

Can anyone put Pulaski in any other place but No.1, state champion? I mean come on, it's not like I've been dogging them by any means. Top five in general is pretty good and thought highly of, in my book.

Look, you can agree to disagree with me without making it seem as if I have some sort of vendetta against Pulaski. Because making claims like that can hurt me, with the kids and coaches as I try to cover their recruitment. I'm also not trying to come off as if I want everyone to agree with me and if not you're wrong. That's the last thing I'm trying to do.

Coaches, parents, players all read this board and form opinions from its postings. And I don't want some imaginary beef hindering any relationship between any of those aforementioned parties.

I'm not cooking up anything between you and anyone. Don't read into this anymore than it is. The issue I have isn't directly regarding the Maroons. It's your basis for your "predictions" and "rankings." You don't base those things on logical reasons. You were the only one I have seen all year to project Frankfort and MadSouth in the top 2-3 in their class. NO ONE else that I'm aware of did that. Your reasons were baseless. You put yourself on the tee for those reasons. I'm not calling you biased toward any team or against any team, please understand that.

At the end of the day, I expect Pulaski to win their first state title this weekend. Next year, they lose virtually no one that can't be easily replaced...and I'll still bet the house that with the realignment, they'll still not sniff the top 5 in 5A in your pre-season rankings.

On another note, a question for everyone. What does Graves return next year? Do they have a large 2014 graduating class?

This post was edited on 12/3 3:32 PM by Wildcat_18

Huh? Where did that come from? Disrespectful. Some things are better left unsaid.
No, really it needs to be said more so christians will stop their phony public religious displays. It's offensive/

Wow! You people are soooo depressing. I hope they cancel Christmas for Honky and put Pulaski County's game on national TV for Wildcat,

No, really it needs to be said more so christians will stop their phony public religious displays. It's offensive/
Yeah screw the first amendment! Honestly though, I can not think of a worst way to do what you are trying to do then the way you just did it. You judged a teenage kid, an entire religious community, and said you wanted something unfortunate to happen to a kid if he expressed thankfulness to God. Then after you said some of the most offensive stuff I have ever read on here you play the victim card.

Now back to football... Has anybody mentioned the rain? Doesn't this play in Graves favor?

"Something unfortunate"? A cramp? Are you that much of a crybaby/whiner in real life. "Thankful to god" that he scored a touchdown? Yep "false humility" as I see it. Finally, the "1st Amendment" has no application in this scenario. . . . at all. Brush up on your civics please before you make a fool of yourself again.

Originally posted by Adopted Purple:
Wow! You people are soooo depressing. I hope they cancel Christmas for Honky and put Pulaski County's game on national TV for Wildcat,
That would be great! Can you make that happen?

On that same note, will the state championship games be streamed online again this year? I heard the other day that the KHSAA would not be streaming them live and was hoping that was just a rumor.

Just out of curiosity, do you and your family observe Christmas?

Originally posted by eaglealumn:

Yeah screw the first amendment! Honestly though, I can not think of a worst way to do what you are trying to do then the way you just did it. You judged a teenage kid, an entire religious community, and said you wanted something unfortunate to happen to a kid if he expressed thankfulness to God. Then after you said some of the most offensive stuff I have ever read on here you play the victim card.

Now back to football... Has anybody mentioned the rain? Doesn't this play in Graves favor?
I would say yes. The rain definitely gives Graves an advantage.

"Something unfortunate"? A cramp? Are you that much of a crybaby/whiner in real life. "Thankful to god" that he scored a touchdown? Yep "false humility" as I see it. Finally, the "1st Amendment" has no application in this scenario. . . . at all. Brush up on your civics please before you make a fool of yourself again.
I don't even know how to respond to you....

First Amendment: Freedom of expression, speech, religion, etc.The kid can thank God if he wants. If you're offended don't go to the game, get over it and yourself. Why should we cater to your feelings? And aren't you the one whining about a kid thanking God, claiming its offensive. I'm done, when a person results to calling me names like a 7 year old I realize its a lost cause.

Originally posted by eaglealumn:

I don't even know how to respond to you....

First Amendment: Freedom of expression, speech, religion, etc.The kid can thank God if he wants. If you're offended don't go to the game, get over it and yourself. Why should we cater to your feelings? And aren't you the one whining about a kid thanking God, claiming its offensive. I'm done, when a person results to calling me names like a 7 year old I realize its a lost cause.
Again, take a civics course. The 1st Amendment has no application here. It's highly offensive as if "god" gives 2 poops about a kid scoring a touchdown. It's merely a "look at me" show off display. Finally, nowhere did I call you a name so it seems as if you're the 7 y/o.

ec

I'm not cooking up anything between you and anyone. Don't read into this anymore than it is. The issue I have isn't directly regarding the Maroons. It's your basis for your "predictions" and "rankings." You don't base those things on logical reasons. You were the only one I have seen all year to project Frankfort and MadSouth in the top 2-3 in their class. NO ONE else that I'm aware of did that. Your reasons were baseless. You put yourself on the tee for those reasons. I'm not calling you biased toward any team or against any team, please understand that.

At the end of the day, I expect Pulaski to win their first state title this weekend. Next year, they lose virtually no one that can't be easily replaced...and I'll still bet the house that with the realignment, they'll still not sniff the top 5 in 5A in your pre-season rankings.

On another note, a question for everyone. What does Graves return next year? Do they have a large 2014 graduating class?

If you feel that way about my opinions and views, so be it. Doesn't really affect me, I cover recruiting.

No sense of trying to explain anything because if it isn't the way you see it it's wrong. And I'm okay with that. I'm just asking you not to jump to conclusions and infer things. You see it another way just say that don't cast a shadow of conspiracy. Because unlike you my real name and position is on here and on top of that this thread should be about the game not convincing a team or school I don't have something against them. That is all and the last time I'll say anything to you on this matter.

ec

If you feel that way about my opinions and views, so be it. Doesn't really affect me, I cover recruiting.

No sense of trying to explain anything because if it isn't the way you see it it's wrong. And I'm okay with that. I'm just asking you not to jump to conclusions and infer things. You see it another way just say that don't cast a shadow of conspiracy. Because unlike you my real name and position is on here and on top of that this thread should be about the game not convincing a team or school I don't have something against them. That is all and the last time I'll say anything to you on this matter.
If you think I'm the only one who thinks that about your views, you're mistaken. Go take a look at other KY high school football message boards and you'll see how much more active they are than this one. (...and this board used to be booming back around a decade ago when I was in high school.) They're like that because the main folks there make logical predictions, make sense in their responses and reasoning behind them, and don't confuse someone's disagreeing with them as being a conspiracy. LOL. It IS about the game. You predicted this game, just like you have the rest this season.

Here's just a tip of advice if you'd care to take it. If you're covering a kid for recruiting purposes and you predict a score against that kid's team, they're going to think that you don't believe in them. They're going to assume you don't think they're good enough and that you don't respect them or their team. Where do you think that will get you with that recruit? Think about that. I'll leave it at that.

ADVERTISEMENT