ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic vs OHS

Owensboro Catholic needs to control the clock by running the football. Keep the Owensboro speedsters off the field. Special teams will be interesting, do the punters kick to Barret and Morton or kick it out of bounds? Take away the punt returns and I think Catholic has a shot!

I believe the spread will over take the entire game over, owensboro will have problems defending the spread there will be match up alot of places.The option for owensboro office will have problem tonite oc defense is very fast at every position .OC will have alot of new kids that have played this year due to not having 13 practices in Big ED carter will be a different against the smaller defensive backs of ohs. Prediction OC by 14pts too many problems on offensive for my devils

tumblr_nb6udwp8Q71qhkbk8o1_400.gif

Originally posted by sureway:
I believe the spread will over take the entire game over, owensboro will have problems defending the spread there will be match up alot of places.The option for owensboro office will have problem tonite oc defense is very fast at every position .OC will have alot of new kids that have played this year due to not having 13 practices in Big ED carter will be a different against the smaller defensive backs of ohs. Prediction OC by 14pts too many problems on offensive for my devils
Someone call the grammar police!

Originally posted by Mr Brownstone:

Originally posted by sureway:
Someone call the grammar police!
Call OHS. It's someone from their school trying to be a Aces fan imposter to fire up players and fans.

WORST...OFFICATED...GAME...EVER!!!! 2 Tds called back. Fumble for ohs overturned and a bogus fumble called on oc when it should have been an incomplete pass. Call me sore loser but good luck against BG. You won't have this crew to help you next week. BG by 35

ok you're a sore loser. It was the 2nd half before ohs got a penalty in its favor. It was about 13 to 5 in calls. There was holding on their first called back but they scored on the next play..so it didn't matter. Ohs had some big plays called back. The fumble from ohs was right in front of me and he obviosly hit the ground first. The game was 50-20 with 4 mins left. Quit whining every year.

Originally posted by QuadAces41:
WORST...OFFICATED...GAME...EVER!!!! 2 Tds called back. Fumble for ohs overturned and a bogus fumble called on oc when it should have been an incomplete pass. Call me sore loser but good luck against BG. You won't have this crew to help you next week. BG by 35
I knew it! I guess it was all [A REF WHO WISHES HIS NAME NOT TO BE MENTIONED -- AD]fault? With another crew this games score would have been reversed! That damn [A REF WHO WISHES HIS NAME NOT TO BE MENTIONED -- AD]! I bet OHS paid him! Or at least gave him free burgers from the concession stand!
laugh.r191677.gif

Sorry Owensboro Catholic maybe next year! But then again yall are just 2A and aren't supposed to beat teams like OHS. With all seriousness you all will still will make a deep run in the playoffs and win out of your remaining regular season schedule. Although next week will be tough over in Reo - Good luck from here on out! BG will probably beat OHS - I doubt they lose by 35. City title remains on Frederica St for atleast another year.

Did they play "Real American" over the PA?

I blame this loss on Grave Digger not being able to show up tonight - threw OC off from the onset!

TNA-Hulk-Hogan-Showing-His-Belt1-500x386.jpg

This post was edited on 9/9 1:30 PM by Commonwealthsports

This post was edited on 9/9 1:31 PM by Commonwealthsports

OHS was exposed tonight, they will have lots of trouble with a good higher class opponent ,,,actually in think Caldwell could beat them going away...so much for OHS playoff run,,,,

The whinery will be open next week when you play BG and have to play up in class. I think you guys have a good team. Never complained about refs on here in the past match ups. I just didn't think you needed the refs help to beat us. I been saying all week that I think ohs will win by 10, but I underestimated oc potential. Very very proud of them. The lost will be good for them when they start playing divisional games in 2 weeks.

Quad,

the fumble by OHS was caused by the ground, right call. You may have a beef on if the OCHS WR had the reception. But as pointed out, one of the TD's called back for OCHS, then they scored over the middle on the next play or 2. The one TD to morton called back, I have no idea if the lineman was downfield, but the QB had the ball a long time...that was a beautiful pass, catch and run by Morton. I think the OHS side stood and clapped in the 2nd half when they finally got a call. Most of the calls went to OCHS. Everyone left on the OHS side when it was 50-20 with a little over 4 mins. 2 quick TD's...great job by OCHS to never give up. Defense came alive in the 2nd half. Both teams will be good and can go along way. That friggin game took about 3 hours.

Good luck to the Devils and Aces

They called the Morton Td back on #18. He is our tight end. I thought TE were eligible receivers?

Whether the OHS faithful thinks M.Teasley would call a good game or not, he should not call this game. I mean, he calls this game every year. Why??? Is he the only friggin official available? He should tell the assigning secretary not to assign him this game. But then that would require someone with character.

Originally posted by rgbowlds:
OHS was exposed tonight, they will have lots of trouble with a good higher class opponent ,,,actually in think Caldwell could beat them going away...so much for OHS playoff run,,,,
Exposed? Exposed? OHS will only continue to improve. Okay if OHS was truly "exposed" as you say then why didn't OC exploit those weakneses? [A REF WHO WISHES HIS NAME NOT TO BE MENTIONED -- AD]
Saying Caldwell could beat OHS going away is about as relivant and saying the Dallas Cowboys would beat OHS going away. OHS doesn't have to worry about Caldwell - OC might have too - OHS does not. But I guess that was your way of pounding your chest about 2A football - right? If OHS beat OC then how bad do you think Caldwell would beat Owensboro Cathoilc? Pretty damn bad!

This post was edited on 9/9 1:31 PM by Commonwealthsports

This post was edited on 9/9 1:33 PM by Commonwealthsports

YJ, I think OHS fans agree because it seems like he goes overboard against OHS. He called holding on OCHS once. It went for a short TD, but they got a TD on the next play or so. I saw a couple OHS kids held and tackled in the backfield, he swallowed the whistle, unless it was against OHS. The calls in the 1st half were probably 8- 0 in favor of OCHS...we did get a unsportsmanlike, but it was offset by 2 OHS fouls.

Here is what I see on this board post OHS/OC game - excuse, excuse, excuse, excuse. Hell there were even excuses before the game was ever played. Look Owensboro Catholic is still a damn good football team - they just played one a little better tonight. John Edge is still one of the best football coaches around here! Hands down - no doubt! Owensboro Catholic will still have a good year in 2A. Give credit where credit is due and man up and admit when you got your ass whipped. Don't make excuses - Catholic lost what else can you say. From talking to a couple people I think the score was closer than what the game really reflected.

crying-oklahoma-state-player-sports-crying-gifs.gif

This post was edited on 9/6 12:55 AM by thelizardking1

That was a beautiful play, but it took forever and it looked like the QB was going to run...the linesman threw that flag (Did the ref personally tell you that he threw it on the TE? I find that a tad hard to believe) and believe me he didn't give OHS many calls at all.

Originally posted by thelizardking1:
Here is what I see on this board post OHS/OC game - excuse, excuse, excuse, excuse. Hell there were even excuses before the game was ever played. Look Owensboro Catholic is still a damn good football team - they just played one a little better tonight. John Edge is still one of the best football coaches around here! Hands down - no doubt! Owensboro Catholic will still have a good year in 2A. Give credit where credit is due and man up and admit when you got your ass whipped. Don't make excuses - Catholic lost what else can you say. From talking to a couple people I think the score was closer than what the game really reflected.
I agree..OHS owned the game , it was 36-14, then 43-20, 50-20 with just over 4 or 5 minutes. OHS could have scored late, but really just ran the clock and the QB ran around on a play or two. OHS was the better team. OCHS put up a decent fight, but this game was never in doubt.

The ref didn't tell me personally, he just announced over the speaker during the game. Catholic only had one holding call? You must have been at the dc/Apollo game. Like I said, I think ohs is a better team than oc but I will say I don't think they needed the refs help.

I'll tip my hat to ohs. The option kicked our ass. There's my credit to the FB team where it's due

Coach Edge after hearing how many yards they gave up.

or

This post was edited on 9/6 2:21 AM by Green Nation2

Zueber 178 yds passing for Catholic - 4 TD's and 2 or 3 INT's?

Locher 90 yds passing - 1 TD and 115 rushing and 2 TD's for Owensboro

TJ James 190 yds rushing + for Oboro 3 TD's

Barrett and Collier with TD's also for Owens oro

Riney,harvey, mccormick, morton with TD receptions and Staples with a rushing TD

Speedster Michael Johnson hasn't even suited up for Owensboro yet.

If you know anything about football,you know that a bad call at a crucial time of the game can change the dynamics of the game. There were bad calls last night and not by Teasley. The side ref and the "linebacker" ref made the highly controversial calls. The "linebacker" ref was patting the ohs players on the ass while mouthing off to the OC players and has done that every year. Enough about the refs, they are what they are...OC was not going to beat ohs. Too big and too fast. OC will have a great season and do very well in 2A . Rarely does OC or anyone else in the city match up with and beat ohs like OC did in '11 and '12. OHS will be tough to handle in 4A.

This post was edited on 9/6 10:02 AM by Acesup23

It was 36-14 at the half, ohs had 308 yds on the ground at the half. To my knowledge the calls were about 8-0 with none favoring Obor at that point. And Morton caught a td pass over the middle.

Lizard Lick if you think officials don't influence the outcome of games, then you have no knowledge of sports. It's why they do everything they can in other sports to not allow people from "their" schools officiate their own games...Watch the replay - score 36-20 with OC looking strong and the phantom hold on Norcia is a huge call: granted his reaction was uncalled for but even HS kids know when they are getting shafted--Morton's TD makes it 36-27 and new game.. Flag doesn't come till he has broken the run. Zuberer slides and is down and fumble called? Payne hasn't even pulled ball in, helmet hits it fumble called- no way .. Watch replay and even announcers can't believe calls and I am pretty sure they are supposed to be unbiased ...
No way terrible teasley should call OHS games- period ...

Originally posted by Demondog:
Lizard Lick if you think officials don't influence the outcome of games, then you have no knowledge of sports. It's why they do everything they can in other sports to not allow people from "their" schools officiate their own games...Watch the replay - score 36-20 with OC looking strong and the phantom hold on Norcia is a huge call: granted his reaction was uncalled for but even HS kids know when they are getting shafted--Morton's TD makes it 36-27 and new game.. Flag doesn't come till he has broken the run. Zuberer slides and is down and fumble called? Payne hasn't even pulled ball in, helmet hits it fumble called- no way .. Watch replay and even announcers can't believe calls and I am pretty sure they are supposed to be unbiased ...
No way terrible teasley should call OHS games- period ...
Holy Cow! Did my roof just cave in or what? Demondog posted something negative about the Lizard!
laugh.r191677.gif

I am not going to watch the replay - I don't care that much about it! Like I said before maybe next year! I mean just about anybody could see that OHS is a much better football team! Can't you at least admit that?

If you think the reason OC lost this game was because of the officals and as you say "terrible Teasley" then you are.....

ea830491c09b491ced707a7f89a16b9e.jpg

Never said OHS wasn't the better team but last time I checked, best teams don't always win and sometimes best athletes can't beat better coached teams which is why undersized and outmanned teams shouldn't have to overcome incompetent or even worse, biased officials to pull an upset ...
2A vs whatever the hell A OHS is should never be close and then when there is a chance to make it a game ---- like i said, look at the replays .. Pitiful

Listen! We just want to come down next Friday and eat some barbecue, steal a win in the Dungeon, and get out of town. It would be a nice bonus, if this mythical monster Mr. Teasley was unavailable for the game. I heard the Red Devils are 32-0 when he officiated the games.

Originally posted by Adopted Purple:
Listen! We just want to come down next Friday and eat some barbecue, steal a win in the Dungeon, and get out of town. It would be a nice bonus, if this mythical monster Mr. Teasley was unavailable for the game. I heard the Red Devils are 32-0 when he officiated the games.
Had me some Moonlite onFriday! And it was gooooooooooooooood

Originally posted by Adopted Purple:
DSC_9372.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT