ADVERTISEMENT

Warren East vs. Monroe county

#tradition#1017

KP Rookie
Aug 22, 2013
Who wins this one in week 2...Monroe coming off a big loss to Bowling green and Warren East coming off a loss to Greenwood! who gets there first win?

I'll take Monroe 35-14. East is lacking in the trenches, which prevents Reynolds from making plays. Didn't get the chance to see Monroe, but I have a good feeling they'll handle East.

Last edited:
Teams can change a lot from Week 0 to Week 1. Generally that is where most improvement is seen.

But after what Monroe did to GW and East taking it hard from GW....plus the road trip to T-Ville. Looks tough for the Raiders.

I'd consider the Greenwood/Warren East result the most surprising one of the week, and most surprising one I've seen in a couple of years. You try not to base too much off of a scrimmage, but Monroe took it to Greenwood after the first quarter while East throttled Grayson County. I just did not see that wide a flip coming. Impressed with Greenwood's showing, and I do think I'd give the edge to Monroe in this one. Significantly.

I agree 100% Monroe looked good and played hard and very aggressive! Way to many personal fouls for both teams. Can be expected from a young team but not a senior dominated team like monroe. Coaches and seniors need to get control will cause a big issue during play off time. I think Warren East actually looks a lot better than what people are saying. They are very tough and have a lot of speed. After half time monroe looked to have trouble stopping them in the 3rd only thing kept them in was fumbles and picks. Once warren east starts working together and taking out small mistakes they will be a very good team in the next year or 2 possibly even come playoff time.

Reactions: W.E. Raider
I agree 100% Monroe looked good and played hard and very aggressive! Way to many personal fouls for both teams. Can be expected from a young team but not a senior dominated team like monroe. Coaches and seniors need to get control will cause a big issue during play off time. I think Warren East actually looks a lot better than what people are saying. They are very tough and have a lot of speed. After half time monroe looked to have trouble stopping them in the 3rd only thing kept them in was fumbles and picks. Once warren east starts working together and taking out small mistakes they will be a very good team in the next year or 2 possibly even come playoff time.

Reynolds going out took a huge part of their attack out. They need more options than him and Satterfield. Kind of frustrating in the sense that when Monroe seemed to be getting in sync the starters were out the rest of the game. But it is early and they will improve every week if the injury bug stays away. Think those 25 injuries last year has to have a little mental barrier for them to overcome also.

ADVERTISEMENT