ADVERTISEMENT

Tilghman?

-----I think the Coach with his wing t makes the most of it, starts 1-5 or 0-6 and then runs the table-----

It is going to be a tough year.
We don't have the usual corral of horses in the stable we normally have.
We are young, small, and inexperienced to boot.
Top that of with a whole new system and one of the toughest schedule in the state.

That being said, Rodgers and Shanks will get them in form to make a run when it counts.
Be patient, we are down but not out.

Absolutely no reason to panic, I don't think many people are at all surprised by the 0-2 start.
This is the same brutal schedule as last year when PT went 1-5 and were just 2 points from 0-6.

I think they have a shot at going 2-2 or just maybe 3-1 in their next 4 games, but the focus needs to be on improving every week and getting prepared for the district games. My only concern at this point is the number of penalties but I am sure the coaches are doing all they can to rectify those.

I do want to commend #25 on his effort Friday night. He played his heart out and accounted for a good portion of the offense even though he had a long TD and a couple of other big plays called back. If he stays healthy I predict he could have a big year.

Tilghman's pressing problem is to shore up the secondary. The offense can move the ball at times. The D-line is doing ok against the run. On Friday -- Reitz had some receivers catching balls 10-15 yards from the nearest PT defender.

Could have been missed signals. Could have been someone got hurt or someone missed an alignment call. I just know Reitz receivers were uncomfortably open on several plays.

I guess Henderson Co. and/or Graves would be the least distant chances at a win prior to North Hopkins. Dunnagin is getting better and better and I honestly think they will do okay after they exit a difficult non-district schedule. A lot of teams would struggle with this schedule which was probably thought out in the heady days of the 11-12 win seasons.

Many of Tilghman's problems can be traced to a lack of depth / numbers.

Tilghman could be 3-7 at reg seasons end, and 7-7 playing for the State Title. Everybody just needs to keep supporting them

Originally posted by Rock3:

I guess Henderson Co. and/or Graves would be the least distant chances at a win prior to North Hopkins.
-----I think that Graves is the one win during this period. They have to go to Hendo the week after traveling to Highlands. After that, I think the schedule pays off and they have a good chance of running the table-----

ADVERTISEMENT