ADVERTISEMENT

Smoke Signals, Paper Cups & Strings

The_Stepchild

KP Senior
Apr 1, 2002
I have been watching the skies, listening to the ground, waiting on the mail, and even scouring the internet and there is no word out of John Hardin!!! the BullDAWG Faithful must have been struck by the stoneage! After Friday Night's Loss to the North Hardin Trojans, anyone have a clue whats happening in the dog pound???

This post was edited on 10/18 9:16 PM by The_Stepchild

Has been a rare season for John...2-6 so far. Whew!
Certainly not super for North, but a big win last night for the Trojans anyway.

They sure are taking some lumps this year, but they won't be down long. They've been good since they opened. Bound to have an off year every now and then.

I had missed this game, and this is a big deal. John Hardin could possibly miss the playoffs still because of this. Likely? No, because the most direct path would necessitate a Jeffersontown win over Iroquois and a John Hardin loss to Grayson County, setting up a head to head tiebreak with North Hardin that the Trojans would win. If Jeffersontown lost as well it would go to a three way tiebreak where North Hardin has no hope. But still, this was totally out of left field and it underscores just how vital that win for John Hardin was last week when they knocked off Jeffersontown. Without it they really would have been facing the prospect of missing the playoffs.

BTW the results of last week clinched a district title for Grayson County. Worst that can happen is they fall into a tie with Iroquois and they'll win on tiebreaker. If they've ever won a district title, it's been more than 30 years in the past.

Show me the person that said Grayson County and Iroquois would be the likely 1-2 in that district preseason and I'll show you a liar.

Grayson County formed in the fall of 1974 by the consolidation of: Caneyville "Purple Flash", Clarkson "Redhawks", and Leitchfield "Bulldogs."

Won the district in 1981 and 1982. Lost the first playoff game, but won two in '82 before losing to Franklin-Simpson in the 3-A semi-finals.

ADVERTISEMENT