ADVERTISEMENT

Power Rankings - 9/23/14

Pikeville should be #2 in 1A after beating Belfry.

3A is an absolute mess at the top.

I think DeSales deserves to be #1 in 2A until they are knocked off.

I wouldn't have Madison Southern over Pulaski Co. until they beat Pulaski head-to-head.

Originally posted by BIG BLACK JACK:
Pikeville should be #2 in 1A after beating Belfry.

3A is an absolute mess at the top.

I think DeSales deserves to be #1 in 2A until they are knocked off.

I wouldn't have Madison Southern over Pulaski Co. until they beat Pulaski head-to-head.
Still think Frankfort is a better, more athletic team than Pikeville.

You're right 3A is hard to decipher right now. I really like Bourbon, though. I think they get it done this year.

I've watched both DeSales and Caldwell. I think Caldwell has some matchups that are immensely unfavorable to DeSales. Front seven from DeSales very good back four suspect. I don't trust that secondary whatsoever. I think the Caldwell offense is too much for the Colts if it becomes a shootout. Now if the Colts pummel the Tigers offensive line. might be the other way around.

Said this last week, Madison Southern and Pulaski are equal in my eyes. The advantage goes to the team with an All-American.

Your opinions are pretty solid though, Black. Certainly some validity in all your points. Still much to be decided in all classes.

This post was edited on 9/23 1:16 PM by Commonwealthsports

Originally posted by Commonwealthsports:
I've watched both DeSales and Caldwell. I think Caldwell has some matchups that are immensely unfavorable to DeSales. Front seven from DeSales very good back four suspect. I don't trust that secondary whatsoever. I think the Caldwell offense is too much for the Colts if it becomes a shootout. Now if the Colts pummel the Tigers offensive line. might be the other way around.

Your opinions are pretty solid though, Black. Certainly some validity in all your points. Still much to be decided in all classes.

This post was edited on 9/23 1:16 PM by Commonwealthsports
Good post. Sindelar can get rid of the ball in a hurry. If the offensive line gives him any protection he could have a big night against DeSales. If DeSales is weak in the secondary, Caldwell's passing game will rack up points! On the other hand, Caldwell's defense isn't exactly a world beater. A playoff game with DeSales could be off the charts on the offensive side of the line.

Looking forward to this weeks Power Rankings. If 5A wasn't clear before Friday night, it should be now. South Laurel is TERRIBLE. I'm looking at you Commonwealth Sports.

Originally posted by Wildcat_18:
Looking forward to this weeks Power Rankings. If 5A wasn't clear before Friday night, it should be now. South Laurel is TERRIBLE. I'm looking at you Commonwealth Sports.
South Laurel loses to 3A #5 Corbin 63-0 and the next week they put up 51 points on 5A #2 Madison Southern. Madison Southern's only chance is to make the Harris boy play defense and hope he can carry them like he does on offense. Madison Southern is a one man team. Without him, they are probably 0-5 instead of 5-0. I would put them at #5 in the rankings and that's stretching it.

I agree with you. Before Friday, I would have had Mad South at clear-cut #3, but they actually may be farther down than that now. Pulaski has already put a running clock on Corbin as I'm sure you're already aware of that. It's clear to me at this very moment, BG is #1 and Pulaski is #2. The rest are interchangeable. I'm anxious to see Commonwealth Sports' reasoning by having them even at #3 right now.

All that aside, props to South Laurel for making a great game out of it. Looking forward to seeing Madison Southern at Southwestern this coming Friday. Coach French will slow the game down as much as he can. Harris will get his, just not sure it will be enough this time.

ADVERTISEMENT