ADVERTISEMENT

Paducah Tilghman at Caldwell County

Feb 12, 2015
This is a big game in the class of 3A. The winner not only puts themselves in the drivers seat for the district title but proves it's worthy of a top 5 ranking in their class and should be considered a legitimate threat for a state title. Also note worthy the playoff system this year East travels West so home field advantage is on the line
as well until the coveted trip to Bowling Green in December.

Who wins this one and why?

This one depends on the turnovers and if the officials call it tight. If it is called tight and they do not let the holding go I say Caldwell as Paducah hold on every play!

Mac, dad always warned me not to argue with boneheads-
And it's hard to talk them in the corner of a round room .

People who post that type of brilliant comment usually have a problem with sentence structure and are new to a board.

I think Caldwell wins tonight because they are better at what they do than Tilghman is at what they do. This may well change by playoff time.

Reactions: reallybigfan
"It's all about the defense"? That seems to be working out well for PT doesn't it. Hey at least you're county champs. The " W" is all that matters.

"It's all about the defense"? That seems to be working out well for PT doesn't it. Hey at least you're county champs. The " W" is all that matters.

Steady you take annoying to a whole new level.
You keep jabbering like someone said PT had a great defense.
All I recall is people saying Tighman's defense played great AGAINST MCCRACKEN.

Are you so mentally challenged that you don't understand the difference?

Yeah I must be slow because some of you PT butt buddies said more than once that it was The Defense of PT that won the game against McCracken. All I ever said was wait & see... PT is not as explosive as years past. Was that not said? The game vs. McCracken is over, I get the fact that PT won, & I accept it as difficult as it was. But just as years past, PT came peaked in week 1 only to have that game as their highlight of the year. It was said many times that PTs defense was solid because of week one. So what you meant was their defense is better than Mayfield's as well right. I mean PT held McCracken to 7 points. Then has given up on average what ?30 per game? Truth is what I've said since week one. It was a fluke that PT won that game. But a win is a win right. So slow rollers, what have I said now that makes you want to put words in my mouth that I never said. If any, please repost my exact words.

Yeah I must be slow because some of you PT butt buddies said more than once that it was The Defense of PT that won the game against McCracken. All I ever said was wait & see... PT is not as explosive as years past. Was that not said? The game vs. McCracken is over, I get the fact that PT won, & I accept it as difficult as it was. But just as years past, PT came peaked in week 1 only to have that game as their highlight of the year. It was said many times that PTs defense was solid because of week one. So what you meant was their defense is better than Mayfield's as well right. I mean PT held McCracken to 7 points. Then has given up on average what ?30 per game? Truth is what I've said since week one. It was a fluke that PT won that game. But a win is a win right. So slow rollers, what have I said now that makes you want to put words in my mouth that I never said. If any, please repost my exact words.

Ok, I am going to try to break this down so that you are able to understand.
After the PT McCracken game several people, myself included, said that PT's defense was a major factor in giving them the win. That is all anyone said, PERIOD.

I do not recall (and correct me if I am mistaken) ANYONE on this board saying that PT had a world beating 1985 Chicago Bears type defense that would remain overpowering for the rest of the season. All we were saying was IN THIS ONE GAME that PT's defense played well.
Do all of us a favor, go back and re-read the thread. Find for me any post where anyone wrote something beyond just that.
You wont find it because it does not exist outside of your own deluded imagination.

As usual you are bending and twisting other people's words and trying to use them to prove some point so you can continue to grind an axe of your own making.
I can only imagine how much pain losing to Tilghman must cause you for you to act the way you do even several weeks later, but you really need to get a life.

I've read the posts numerous times. My original thread was my take on the game. It was a sad game to watch not because McCracken lost but because both teams played poorly. It was an ugly game were my exact words. And that neither team was as explosive as previous years. Then you chime in with it was PT's defense that won them the game. So all I'm saying is; Do you really believe that? If so, then you're the delusional soul. McCracken had a bad game, Tilghman's wanted it more. All in all it was an ugly game period. But you're right on one thing, the game was 6 weeks ago. One team has improved the other has just proved to everyone that week one will be the highlight of the season.

Here is a your quote:

" It was said many times that PTs defense was solid because of week one."

Exactly who said this and in what post?
If it was said "many times" as you claim you should have no difficulty in answering.
I am waiting your response.

I would say Tilghman and Caldwell will play again and I expect it to be the same kind of game again, a shoot-out, unless one team stumbles and has to go to the other district to play one of their top teams like Adair County or E -Town.

Last edited:
Reactions: reallybigfan
he defense gave up 210 yards and had 2 interceptions. Pt came in with a plan and executed it.

ughes dropping the ball early wasn't because of the defense I'll give you that but the reason that the footballs were thrown at receivers feet is because of the pressure put on Jones. The drops happened because PT was constantly hitting and jamming receivers throwing off the routes. I understand you may be upset because you expected to see 60 points scored but you don't hold a team to 210 yards of offense with the only score coming from a defensive player slanting the wrong way without being a good football team.

But some of it was due to the defensive scheme and the execution by PT.

but you have to credit PT's defense for that result.

Every quote you just referenced was referring to how Tilghman's defense performed against McCracken county during one game. ONE GAME!
Not one quote implies that PT's defense was going to be great the rest of the season. No one even implied that the defense would play well the very next week.
And finally, no one said the defense was "solid". You just made that one up out of thin air.

Yet you come on this site time after time to thump your chest and point out how many points PT gave up each week as if that proves wrong all of us who said the defense did well in week one.

Once again you are using a straw man argument by twisting your opponents words into something they never said and then arguing to defeat a point that we never made.
You have been beating the same dead horse for a month an a half now, and I warrant most people on this site are getting tired of hearing it. I know I am.

I would say Tilghman and Caldwell will play again and I expect it to be the same kind of game again, a shoot-out, unless one team stumbles and has to go to the other district to play one of their top teams like Adair County or E -Town.

I have a feeling you are correct. It would not surprise me to see PT and Caldwell meet again in the playoffs. To get that far though PT has to get the penalties and the turnovers under control, they are starting to play more like the teams in the past. And I don't mean the 'good old days' past, I mean the recent undisciplined past.

BTW does anyone know if Cain turned out to be ok?

For those that are new to KP. Here are the new rules.
1. Don't state your opinion unless you confirm it with reallybigfan first.
2. If you happen to prove a point & hurt reallybigfan 's feelings he will get his mother's wikki pedia to help him with the big words.
3. If you mention PT, don't say anything negative about it. He's a wanna be that probably never set foot on the field & is stuck in the past glory days of PT that he served water to during timeouts.
4. Never ever forget that although week one was 6 weeks ago PT is the real McCracken County champs of 2015.

Very important...but very difficult...for radio guys to keep it factual and steady. Similar to reporting severe storm situations, you have to be level-headed in your reporting. Which is a whole lot easier said than done when (in this case) it's YOUR star player lying on the ground.

Last edited:
I look for Tilghman to win the rematch score sounded bad but not quite how the game was a couple stops and Paducah might have won it.

ADVERTISEMENT