ADVERTISEMENT

Monroe County @ Allen-County Scottsville

Who wins and why?[/QUOTE
A key injury this week, always makes you more apprehensive than usual. Will his backup do the job? That being said, Monroe SHOULD be fine in this one. Very effective dual threat QB, several good runners and receivers on offense, they are starting to get in sync on offense. On defense they are getting good play at all but two positions. If they don't have turnovers and a lot of penalties like their chances.

I think Monroe will be fine ..the only thing good about having a lot of injuries last year is there were a lot of kids got varsity playing time and will have plenty to throw in gaps. I havent heard much about allen county this year i know they have a pretty good reciever this year but i dont think they throw much. which are the 2 weak spot on monroes D this year?

I think Monroe will be fine ..the only thing good about having a lot of injuries last year is there were a lot of kids got varsity playing time and will have plenty to throw in gaps. I havent heard much about allen county this year i know they have a pretty good reciever this year but i dont think they throw much. which are the 2 weak spot on monroes D this year?
They aren't as deep as normal because of a small junior class and the sophomore classes strength are playmakers. The freshmen and sophomores have several good players, just not as many as usual. The eighth grade class is the next super group coming through.

Revealing what positions are not playing real well on defense is something I would not do. The enemy might be listening and the kids playing those positions are good players, so it isn't a real big concern because the team has really good coaches so they will get the most out of the kids and improve things from week to week. Fortunately the coach plays a lot of players, only 3 went both ways starting the season. For a 2A school to be able to do that from season to season is a key in getting more players out every year and a good sign of how well these kids are coached up on the varsity level. So most years the depth is good and usually can withstand 3 to 5 injuries, but not 25 like last year.

ADVERTISEMENT