ADVERTISEMENT

Hancock Co @ Owensboro Catholic...

ApolloFan98

KP Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2004
Attention Aces and Hornets fans.....1027 The Game will be holding a big tailgate before the game on Friday. We'll have cornhole, free hotdogs & drinks, movie ticket & T-shirt give aways. Were looking forward to getting out and meeting a lot of the local fans who have supported the Homers show! Judging by the reaction of Hornet nation, they are going to represent in large numbers so Aces fans, dont let the road team show you up at home! Come on out and play some cornhole, eat some dogs and win some prizes.

As for the game, it should be a good one. Nothing like a district rivalry game on a Friday night. I know Catholic are favorites coming in, but in these bad blood type of games, anything can happen. Hancock has already posted an impressive win vs Trigg Co a few weeks ago. On the other side, Shamari Morton has been about as electric of a player as they come across western Kentucky. I also love the matchup of two of the states top ranked passers in Ray Zuerber and Kourt Morris. This one has all the makings......hope to see you out there on Friday night!
This post was edited on 9/18 6:39 AM by ApolloFan98

I picked against Owensboro Catholic last week - I won't do it again this week. Although I do think this one will be close. Hancock always plays OC very close - I may have picked HC if this game was in Lewisport.

Free hotdogs would be worth a trip to Steele Stadium! Are they Nathans or just regular old fields ball park franks? Rumor has it Apollofan98 and Devils58 will be squaring off in a "coney island" style hotdog eating contest! Just like Kobayashi v. Joey Chestnut!!!!

My money is on Devils58 - 58 stands for the number of hotdogs he can take down in 10 minutes!!!!

NathansCropped.jpg

-----Hancock will be out of the District race for the 1 seed after this week and next week at Union-----

Remember the lineman challenges at the passing league tourneys? Well the last event was a hotdog competition and i have yet to lose

Attention Aces: Hornets are delivering a good ol CAN-O-WHIP-ACE tomorrow night. The big red machine is zeroed in and headed to Steele. Hornets 38-OC 30.

This post was edited on 9/18 10:21 PM by Fudoo

Originally posted by Fudoo:
Attention Aces: Hornets are delivering a good ol CAN-O-WHIP-ACE tomorrow night. The big red machine is zeroed in and headed to Steele. Hornets 38-OC 30.

This post was edited on 9/18 10:21 PM by Fudoo
WHOA!!!!!

769.gif

478.gif

This post was edited on 9/19 9:12 AM by Green Nation2

I can't wait until the tailgate show tonight. I feel like Hancock County's fans are super excited for the game, and this could be a game that could be close if OCath isn't ready. The excitement will be there and the place will be electric. I wanna see some black or gold uniforms from the Aces tonight!

devil.r191677.gif

The reason I love this matchup is the supreme display of athleticism that will be on case tonight. Both sides have athletes in and out and it should a fast flying, hard hitting slugfest. I think Hancock's run game flourishes and I think the same for Catholics air attack. My question marks are Catholics ability to run the ball up the gut, and HC's corners defending Riney and Morton. I'm really excited for this one and I'm gonna say the boys from Lewisport hang on by one score in the upset.

Should Hancock look at the game film they will realize that an all out blitz will fluster Zuberer 12-34 passing he only looks at one receiver not anywhere near as good as Hartz was last year at looking off a receiver and going through progressions, plus if they continue to let him run the ball he will get hurt not very big. he did throw 5 td's but that was mostly blown coverage. Also be prepared for a long game OC's games this year have been extremely long due to the fact that they have pretty much shelved the running game, I also noticed they seem to look for the 20 and longer pass play instead of the shorter passing game they have done the last couple of years. I don't know if that's the coaching staff or Zuberer. Either way OC should handle Hancock fairly easy 48-14.

Catholic scored 34 against OHS. I fell certain they will score at will against Hancock.

This is how OC will stop the D-lineman for Zueber to get the pass off..

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1f52nwmci1r6hffko1_500.gif

Hancock had a chance to keep it close in the 2nd quarter, but couldn't do it. Like most years everyone else in the district is playing for the 2 seed. No one wants to play Caldwell or Murray, including the Aces.

Are you suggesting that I was saying that those teams would rather quit for the season than play? I was saying that avoiding those teams would be better than playing those teams in the first round.

ADVERTISEMENT