ADVERTISEMENT

Graves @ Tilghman predictions

Rock3

KP Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2009
Before the season, I thought if Tilghman had a chance at a win before the district, Graves Co. would be one of two of the games where the Tornado might be competitive. But the defense is just not able to consistently stop passing or running while being susceptible to giving up the big play. Dunigan still shows flashes of great ability at QB but usually he is running for his life. This year may just be a case of doing the best we can with the personnel we have at hand and wait while people get more experience.

Graves 28 - PT 21

this is the week! Mike Rogers gets his first win against his old team! Shanks will have the D ready and the offense is finally ready to explode!

Graves is going to have a tough time unless they improve offensively. They're 1 dimensional even though that dimension (Crider and Marshall) maybe the strongest running game around.

We could get a win- but- we will have to put 4 quality quarters of football together.
So far this year we have only been able to put together two good quarters.

Tilghman has improved each week, Graves is solid but they are not the power house that Tilghman faced the first 3 weeks. If Tilghman continues at their present pace and if they can keep #81 Prather under control (silly "un sportsmanship" penalties) they could get a win! All things considered, they are on schedule to make a run in the playoffs, but they have to stay healthy! They have zero depth.

I think tonight is a bigger game than most people realize. This game here, I think will define both teams for the rest of the season.

PT had flashes of goodness in dispatching Graves pretty handily. Great effort. Graves is big and slow and did not match up well against Tilghman's speedsters.

Scoreboard doesn't really tell the story. Both offenses actually struggled. Graves lived off three big runs by Crider. PT had a pick 6, punt return for a TD, and another pick taken to the redzone. Tilghman just made more plays. Graves had at least 6 turnovers. I guess the encouraging part is we never quit and almost got back into the game. One thing I love about our teams since Gregory arrived is that they never ever quit.

ADVERTISEMENT