ADVERTISEMENT

Graves hosting district foe Apollo

Big Blue 09

KP Sophomore
Sep 9, 2011
This Friday night Graves County will host Owensboro Apollo. Both teams are looking for their 1st district win and 2nd win of the season. Apollo coming of a convincing win over a weak Hopkins County Central team. Graves coming of 2 back to back losses where their offense has struggled. Graves won last years game at Apollo 60-14 but this isn't the same Graves team. With high expectations coming in, they seem to be down from their past years.

I think Apolla iis one of the 5 worst teams in 5A. Graves was touted as being one of the best 5A teams in the west. If Graves County doesn't beat them by 35, no one will have to worry about Graves County come playoff time.

Well I can see there is no faith in Apollo. Who knows they might have turned the corned with that win over Hopkins County Central - maybe. BIG MAYBE!!!!

giphy.gif

From what i have seen out of Apollo this season, i would expect a similar score from last season. Throw out the Hopkins Central game and they have shown no reason to believe this one will be close. I feel like they have some potential on offense and some weapons but have struggled to score points. On the defensive side, they have shown no ability to stop the big play. I hope the win over Hopkins Central gave them some confidence going forward, but they are going to have to prove it before i can buy into that being anything more than a bad team beating one the worst teams in the state.

ADVERTISEMENT