ADVERTISEMENT

Fulton City ?????????

bigdawgg

KP Sophomore
Sep 15, 2005
2-0 you guys have nothing to say about that? Finishing a clean sweep of TN Sept 8 vs. SF wk.1 Greenfield 34-8 ,, wk.2 Gleason 30-8 . Any negative comments or are you going to continue to disrespect .

I do some work at Fulton City High School and I have seen them practice. As a former ball player at an area school i was surprised to see the amount of size that was on the field. They have some big kids. I watched practice for about 30 minutes while I was working and saw several quick strong athletes that can make plays. I also liked what the coach had to say to the players and his philosophy. He sounds like a good one. The Dogs could challege in the district.

No disrespect BigDawgg but until Fulton City gets to the meat of their schedule and we see their performance against Murray, Mayfield and Fulton County, I believe that Fulton City still ends up forth in the district. However, I will say that this is one of the most balanced Fulton City teams in the past years and could cause some headaches in those games. However, I will agree based upon the schedule that Fulton City has a chance of a winning season at 7-3 or 8-2.

They'll be 3-0 after playing a horrible South Fulton team next week. The other opponents so far haven't been that great either. Let's wait and see how those team do during the rest of the season before you start thumping your chest.

I belive they are improved, but also look for them to finish forth in the district. However, it looks like they may be turning the corner towards respectability.

Just Keep it up Fulton City....you gotta get better! The teams you played lost alot of talent they are rebuilding....you have to just build on what you won just keep being positive keep your mouth shut and play ball.

Go Bulldogs!

Originally posted by PowerofYi ring95:
Second place in the district is wide open. If they stay health, Fulton City could get it.
I was thinking the same thing.

It could actually come down to Fulton Co. vs Fulton City with Murray not looking as good as most expected.

Which team is better between Fulton Co. and Fulton City? What is the history between the two? Anyone know an all-time record?

Big Dawg.....the score does not surprise....look at the scores of the South Fulton games.....Big Loss to Fulton County.....could not stop a Ballard Team 44-41?.....Gleason wins big......so the score is not a surprise.....Fulton plays a small private school this week that has not faired well this year....I hope that the travel does not happer the Bulldogs cause I love to see them win....However, the first true test of ability will be Reidland and then the time to show that they are capable are the last three games of the season.....but I still say a 7-3 or 8-2 season for the regular season...an not many people can remember the last time that happened...I can not.
This post was edited on 9/11 3:29 PM by the_hairy_bearif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Fulton City has the best team they had in such a long time...Even when Aaron Ferrel was there. They have big rushing game and a passing game if they need to go. Its hard to stop there back, they look very sharp out there. I think they could go 9-1 easily, i wouldnt dout it if they give Mayfeild a challenge im excited!!!

It looks like the Fultons will be battling for the second seed in the district while Murray and Ballard will be fighting for the forth seed (Murray is awful without Wilson).

Funny thing is that the Fultons could be playing each other again the week after they meet in the last game of the regular season. If I understand the new format, the first round will be between teams in the same district; 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3.

I'm happy for Fulton City ... in Kentucky, at least, they're always playing bigger schools with the advantage in numbers and resources. Wayne Lohaus is a good guy and I'm glad to see the Bulldogs off to a nice start.

But ... let's not get too excited too early. The three teams they've beaten (Gleason, Greenfield and South Fulton) are a combined 1-9 and the only win was Gleason's over South Fulton.

Tougher games lie ahead.

I thought the playoff format did not change till the class realignments....so do you go through district play again for 2006 playoffs?

Originally posted by the_hairy_bear:
I thought the playoff format did not change till the class realignments....so do you go through district play again for 2006 playoffs?

That was my understanding, at least for the first round. In the second round, the winner of 1-4 plays the winner of 2-3 from the other district. I may be way off base on this. It didn't make sense, but several things that the KHSAA does doesn't make sense either.
This post was edited on 9/13 10:21 PM by BadCrackerManif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Yep....looks like the new playoff format take effect this year. It look to me that you replay your whole district again before you meet anyone else....and that stinks....IMO,if KHSAA is going to do the playoffs this way might as well just go back to the days of the top two in the district play on!

BigDawg look who is back...whata great 3-0 start to the season..and I already know why..Fulton City has finally put people in the right places..that williams kid is now the running back where he needs to be cause he was not qb material..turnovers are also key Mike Thomas's defense has forced i believe 10 turnovers in 3 games(i may be a little off) Fulton will be 9-1 possibly 10-0 IF THEY KEEP THERE HEADS RIGHT!! Kepp up the good work down there

Originally posted by fbulldog06:
...possibly 10-0 IF THEY KEEP THERE HEADS RIGHT!!

Lets not get a'head' of ourselves. I don't care if their heads are right, left, or somewhere in the middle; 10-0 would be a miraculous season.

Yea it has been...Mayfield and Murray have always had top 2 in district 1..but as we can all see murray isnt goin to be number 2 this season...and I know mayfield always plays a tough schedule and then plays district games towards the end...been that way for years, BUt i know the fulton team inside and out..and they are going to shock you this year!!! no more 61-0 or 56-6 or any blowouts mayfield has been giving them..I think its time for Mayfield to fall cause as history shows us..all mighty empires fall..and its time for mayfield reign as 1st in district 1A to end

I think it's great to see Fulton City and their success this season, even if they have played some poor teams. The REAL test will come Oct 27th when they play Mayfield. 10-0? Don't think so... But they could very well finish second in this district... ANd there have been some GREAT players at Fulton over the years? Remember Homer Patton? That boy could throw a ball 70 yards flat footed... Fantastic athlete... What about Thomas Walker? Early 70's, held the state rushing record for an individual game performance with 471 yards, until Jeremy Britt broke the record about 5 or 6 years ago with 57 carries and 557 yards. Walker also played for the Memphis Showboats of the long defunct USFL. Good luck Fulton.. Make em believe... Make us ALL believe....

no dis-respect to the bulldogs for being 3-0. you cant be better than that....but lets not get ahead of ourselves.....yes, second place is up for grabs between murray, fulton city and fulton co. but for a bulldog to say that they have a chance to beat mayfield....cmon...lets get real. i dont think you can improve that much in one season. the bulldogs have played teams that i think the school for the blind could give a good game to, while mayfield has played and beat teams such as hoptown. until the bulldogs beat a legit team, i dont consider them anything but a walkover for mayfield again!

Yea..Fulton city is 4-0 only allowed 38 points in 4 games wich happens to be the fewest in Class 1 A region 1..and scored 176 points wich is third in Class A region 1 behind russellville and metcalfe county...I dont care who you are if your team can drive 4 hours on a bus and score over 50 points and only allow 8...then you must be good...I still say they take district 1

Congrats to the Bulldogs for being 4-0 for the first time in forever!!! However, until Mayfield loses in the first district, they are the team to beat. The remainder of the district seems tough to call right now, but we will get a better picture after Murray plays Ballard to see if they are as weak as some expect. However, based upon the current information I see the district as follows: 1. Mayfield, 2/3. Winner Fulton/Fulton Co. Game with rematch the next week, 4. Murray. YET GOOD LUCK BULLDOGS!

Im actually very interested in seeing the outcome of the Fulton City/Mayfield game. Everyone says that Mayfield will be undefeated in the district this year, however i believe that there is a high possibility that Fulton can get them. The Bulldogs have A LOT OF SPEED!!! They will be tough to contain.

Hmmmm ... me thinks that Mayfield has heard this more than a few times in the past. A couple of years ago when Murray was undefeated and then before that when the Arnold brothers played at Ballard. I cannot see this Fulton team being better than those other undefeated teams just mentioned.

After this season, what I am interested in seeing is what Mayfield does with their schedule with district games to all be played by the end of week 7 or 8? Just curious about that since KHSAA does not want and district games after either week 7 or 8 to avoid back to back or close to back to back weeks of the same opponents which is possible with FuUlton City and Fulton County this year. Would be neat to see the Fulton/South Fulton, Graves County/Mayfield, Calloway Co./Murray games as the last game of a season.

Mayfeild vs Fulton its gonna be nice... Lets see how they do against Reidland a AA school. Good Luck!

I am goin down to watch the Fulton Vs Reidland game personally so I will be able to report what happends and things of that nature..and some of the stats as well. It is Fulton City's homecoming should be great game
This post was edited on 9/21 3:09 PM by fbulldog06if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

No disrespect to the FC Dogs but guys Mayfield will bring a whole different level of play than what FC will see all season.fbulldog06 you are likely right the game is not likely to be a 60-0 blowout but it will be a 30-40 point difference

Cardinal I want you to see something...no matter what you say...fulton averages 44 points a game..and mayfield only 28...Fulton only allows an average of 9.5 points a game and mafield allows 20..ok so stats go in favor of fulton..not looking at what teams have been played..yes mayfield plays a tough schedule..but mayfield with their pride will over look fulton and get shocked..and end up getting too far behind to catch up..

ADVERTISEMENT