ADVERTISEMENT

FS vs Madisonville

I would love to see this game! I've seen Madisonville and they are very solid. Saw F/S last year and I've heard they brought a lot back. Should go down to the wire.

I'm taking Madisonville in this one. Nothing will stop them from their rematch with OHS. The offense is clicking on all cylinders and the defense is playing stingy. FS is good but Madisonville has to many weapons I take madisonville 35-14

This should be a great game! I'm taking the Wildcats. This is the best time of the year for football. Great games everywhere.

Madisonville has the more balanced offense. FS is somewhat one dimensional. FS is at home so that helps, but I still like Madisonville by a touchdown.

Originally posted by Touchdown...Jesus:

. FS is somewhat one dimensional.
One dimensional????

I have been there when we ran OUTSIDE the tackle. I think I remember seeing a pass.

mac, have enjoyed your Lou Holtz imitation...downplaying your school and building up the other.
"(Amos Alonzo) Stagg fears Purdue."
For real, please go easy on my Maroons.

Originally posted by broadcaster240:
mac, have enjoyed your Lou Holtz imitation...downplaying your school and building up the other.
Have you seen both teams play? Just compare what happened with Hoptown.

What about the other seven that Madisonville won or the fact that one of their loses came to an undefeated Central Hardin team and the other came to Owensboro in a close game. Broadcaster if your a Madisonville fan I hate to hear what you say about teams you don't like because I haven't read one positive post from you on the maroons this year. Madisonville is undefeated on the road this year I'll take the Maroons 28-13.

Nice Jab cats, broadcaster I think he's right. From the outside looking in, just based on the number of fans at the Maroons home games, especially the last regular season home game on senior night and their home playoff game its easy to see why they like playing on the road. They get very little support in that community. Which may be the main reason the Maroons have never been able to string together a year in year out winning tradition. Teams that have built winning traditions in football have had community and school district support for their athletic programs. Every time they get a coach that starts to build continuity and a winning atmosphere, they make it so difficult for them to do their job, they run the great coaches off.

Originally posted by macdon:

Originally posted by broadcaster240:
Have you seen both teams play? Just compare what happened with Hoptown.
The Hoptown game is a bad comparison, that was their worst game and Hoptown is up and down. Having seen both teams play, I'll give the edge to FS. I think they are a more balanced and disciplined team. I also think this is going to be a great game and a heck of a playoff matchup.

Cats win 20-14. They might be outsized and very young, but heart, determination and a BIG home crowd will carry this young crew to victory.

Maroons aren't any better than Graves Co. or Russellville. IMO.

Actually, I have made several positive comments in my message board posts, but I usually couch them in terms of perspective. It's a little easier to do that when you get to be an old man. I would rather be cautious in my approach than be an in-your-face protagonist. Conversation is good, stimulating; that's what makes it fun. Boasting, while very popular, seems imo to be a bit juvenile.

Obviously the school has had a hard time retaining coaches, which usually results in less-than-even results on the playing field. I never was on "the inside" knowing what the movers and shakers of the community were doing/saying...didn't want to be. It was a whole lot easier to do my job without the periphery. That's comes under the category "You play the hand you're dealt."

I have never really been able to get a handle on how the success of the band (always good...and now 10 straight years Class 4-A state champion) might or might not affect the football program. I'll guess it isn't unusual for schools to have differences, hard feelings, even animosity between the two groups. I worked with both back-in-the-day and heard both sides of the story.

(The comment to macdon needs to be taken in context...though I realize that if you don't know his background & current situation, it would be hard to understand.)

http://KentuckySportsHistory.com

The two posters understand and know who Macdon is, and I don't see where Madisonville's band comes into a football game discussion, again broadcaster you steer away from questions asked, FS is a very good football team and will be a strong opponent for the Maroons tomorrow night, having won two out of the last 3 years I would imagine the team is focused and ready to leave it all on the field

This post was edited on 11/13 12:32 PM by Paradise_City

FS had chances to go up 2 or 3 TD's but couldn't get it done. Madisonville seized control and put the game away with a late score.

The future is looking good for the Wildcats. Lots returning for 2015.

FS had no chance to go up 2 to 3 Tds so I don't know where your info comes from, it was a hard fought game by both sides with Maroons coming away with the win this time, FS will be good in the future but I still don't understand where the young aspect of the team comes from? Billups was a key piece of your offense along with some others on O and D. Hopefully more matchups to come with the changes in 4A next year

To my knowledge FS only had 2 seniors on defense and 3 that started on offense. I would say that is where the young aspect comes from. I was at the FS - Maroons game. FS had the ball on the 30 at beginning of 3rd qtr. If they score and not fumble they would have been up 28-14. Two TD lead.

True statement about the possibility of a 2 TD lead after reading your post, FS didn't score from the 8 min mark in the 2nd and Madisonville created or recovered four turnovers in the 2nd half, I guess the 3 Td statement is what threw me, was a great game between two very good teams, with respect to the youth of the team the 3 that you say they lose on offense are very integral parts, FS will be good next year but will definately miss what they are losing

Wow Paradise, you know more about FS than those who have watched them all year. No one here expected this team to end the year 9-2 due to so many underclassmen in starting roles. This is a young team by anyone's judgement. Five senior starters on offense and defense. There were almost that many frashmen that saw significant playing time. Every year Senors graduate and it is wondered how they will be replaced but someone always seems to fill the void.

Good Luck at Rash Stadium. Everyone needs a little luck when playing there.

Young or not FS had a heckuva season, will be a battle between District 2 opponents next year with Warren Central and South Warren moving in, hope yall can keep it rolling, hopefully we can go into Rash and play a good mistake free game and have a shot at the end

ADVERTISEMENT