ADVERTISEMENT

Bowling Green @ Warren Central

Adopted Purple

KP Hall of Fame
Sep 14, 2009
This is the game that I look forward to the most and the one I dread the most. They are the only team in Warren County that has beaten us in the last 20 years. Beside Warren East's win over the Purples back in 1984, (I think) they are the only team in Warren County to ever beat Bowling Green. Coach Wallace was the Coach at Warren East at tha time. The last few years it has been one sided in Bowling Green's favor, but this year promises to be a much better game. The Dragons are settling in to their new system and coach and have shown to be much improved. It's never easy to play at Dragon Field. I have several bad memories of walking out the gate and thinking "what happened"? It should be another great game in this rivalry. I'll say Bowling Green 35 - 21.

Originally posted by Adopted Purple:
This is the game that I look forward to the most and the one I dread the most. They are the only team in Warren County that has beaten us in the last 20 years. Beside Warren East's win over the Purples back in 1984, (I think) they are the only team in Warren County to ever beat Bowling Green. Coach Wallace was the Coach at Warren East at tha time. The last few years it has been one sided in Bowling Green's favor, but this year promises to be a much better game. The Dragons are settling in to their new system and coach and have shown to be much improved. It's never easy to play at Dragon Field. I have several bad memories of walking out the gate and thinking "what happened"? It should be another great game in this rivalry. I'll say Bowling Green 35 - 21.
1985. Score was 6-0 and the game was played in the slop if I recall correctly. I have a video of it somewhere. Coach Wallace was indeed HC at Warren East for that.

If Central gets 21 points then I actually think I'd like their chances. They're 6-2 in the series when they score 21 or more (yes, it's happened that seldom in the series). They're 6-32 when they don't. Honestly just getting a pair of scores typically bodes well for the Dragons (11-8 when scoring 14+).

Key matchup on that side of the ball is how Central's line handles the incredible defensive front for the Purples. The Dragons do a lot of quick passes but plenty where Shanklin will need time. I'm concerned about how effective they'll be against a group that makes a habit of getting sacks against bigger and more experienced lines.

Defensively I have a similar concern about the Dragon d-line slowing the Purple rushing attack but I at least have a bit more confidence there.

It's crazy to think how many games these two teams have played since Central last won back in 2010 (5 meetings), but only one of those came at Central.

I agree, Dragon. I'm hoping that self proclaimed "Jungle D" will keep young Shanklin on the run and make him hurry. Central is much improved and anything can happen at Dragon Field. I'm just glad we only have to play there ever other year!

AP-----Get your facts correct. In 1979 the Dragons beat the world famous purples 17-14. Each team was really good!!!! BG has had much success most of the time.

Warren Central has beaten Bowling Green numerous times. My point was that East's one win is the only time anyone besides Warren Central has beaten the Purples. Reread my post. I think it's pretty clear.

ADVERTISEMENT