ADVERTISEMENT

[UPDATE] 2016 WR Robbie Lofton is enrolled at Tates Creek

Commonwealthsports

KP All-Pro
Dec 11, 2012
1635351.jpg

Robbie Lofton, who played at Bowling Green this past season, is now enrolled at Tates Creek. Not sure what happened, but he did not go to Scott Co. as was planned.

The 6-foot-3, 175-pound pass catcher is a legit Division-I prospect. He's received interest from Kentucky, Louisville, Missouri and WKU.
This post was edited on 2/9 5:01 PM by Commonwealthsports

Robbie Lofton - Prospect Profile

Re: 2016 WR Robbie Lofton moving to Georgetown

We'll look what feel in their lap or look what the cat dragged?

Thats a really stupid comment Green. Suggesting that Scott county recruited a kid from 3 hours away and from the Bowling Green program to boot!

Originally posted by iam4thecats:
Thats a really stupid comment Green. Suggesting that Scott county recruited a kid from 3 hours away and from the Bowling Green program to boot!
Your right. Depends on what the KHSAA says. I know that in SOME cases they check on the bona fide change of address and make sure the kid lives with parents or the parent or guardian with custody. Some schools don't get an answer right away, but some schools get decisions made by KHSAA pretty quick.

You are right it was not a great comment, BUT the comment above is very true on immediate responses from KHSAA and taking their time with some places.

BG to Georgetown is a long commute to get away from all his friends, and a place where he won 2 championship rings. 318 miles round trip to play receiver for a wing-t team instead of a spread team. Yeah, Scott recruited him.
laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 12/26 6:22 PM by iam4thecats

Originally posted by iam4thecats:
BG to Georgetown is a long commute to get away from all his friends, and a place where he won 2 championship rings. 318 miles round trip to play receiver for a wing-t team instead of a spread team. Yeah, Scott recruited him.
laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 12/26 6:22 PM by iam4thecats

Never said he got recruited. You did. Just RELAX! You guys got him and that's good. All I'm saying is some people's transfer papers get approved faster then some others. For instance a public school kid going to private school, could take up to 3-6mos. A private school kid transferring to a public school, Eh, a week or two. A public school kid going to another public school change of address or not ruled eligible in some cases immediately. It doesn't look right for the KHSAA to rule on the kid this quick. I do have a question and then a possible follow up. Did he finish the semester at Bowling Green High School? If so, how is he ruled eligible if he hasn't officially enrolled? Well maybe three questions, Has Scott County already started school?

There is no you guys, Moron I'm a BG fan! And you said "cat dragged" to georgetown. You tell me what you meant or are you just back tracking because I called you on a stupid post. Yeah he's going to be eligible immediately! he moved 2:45 minutes away!

Doesn't matter if it takes 3 or 6 months, they don't play football again til August.

Originally posted by 3rd fan:
Doesn't matter if it takes 3 or 6 months, they don't play football again til August.
Not allowed to workout in weightroom or have anything to do with team til then.

I'm sure he's talented enough it won't affect him too much.

I can assure you all he was not recruited.

Second, he did finish the semester at Bowling Green.

Third, while your argument may be true about how it takes different amounts of time to get cleared at different schools,
but I can tell you it has more to do with the administrators at said schools doing what they need to do in a timely manner.

Originally posted by Commonwealthsports:
I can assure you all he was not recruited.

Second, he did finish the semester at Bowling Green.

Third, while your argument may be true about how it takes different amounts of time to get cleared at different schools,
but I can tell you it has more to do with the administrators at said schools doing what they need to do in a timely manner.

Good Deal! You are correct especially on the very last sentence.

ADVERTISEMENT