ADVERTISEMENT

The Good Ol' Days....

W.E. Raider

KP All-Pro
Jun 21, 2006
I miss the days when this board was an all out chest beating contest...I blame the following...

The movement of the BG, Owensboro & Mayfield people to BGPreps...

The downturn of the John Hardin contingent....

Butler Co. is down...or perhaps their internet is....

Green Co. is down and no longer coached by the angry midget...

DragonFire is like a whipped dog now...

Macdon doesn't know if he's a Purple, a Panther, or a Wildcat...but his name is on all the stadiums...

Raider 1 is now so adept at finding Catfish, he doesn't even need to ask anymore...

Lone Oak closed and apparently this new fangled school doesn't inspire the same nutso fanaticism...

Woody and the RVK people apparently have graduated college and gotten real jobs....

The MadCougar is lost forever...

That Lily guy is just nuts and scares everyone off his threads...

WaterFlash has no one to fight with...

Greenwood's crazy parents are all now crazy SW parents and they're too busy at cocktail parties...

Ohio Co.'s fans were like a flame out on that 9 win season and have since turned to ash...

The Taxman 's people have moved on and he is content sipping his brown water and watching the sunsets....

Broadcaster240 no longer straightens people out with actual facts...which they used to still ignore...

But there is hope! Adair Co. has gotten good and we all know what happens when these smaller schools get on a run!
This post was edited on 10/15 2:14 PM by W.E. Raider

Speaking of falling....The Lizardking has fallen off the face of the earth....

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7188-1350240421-0.gif

I am offended my name was not brought up about Gravedigger infiltrating every OC game.

There are still many catfish establishments that Raider 1 has not encountered, but I have a pretty long list.

I agree the board just ain't the same anymore.

Just wait-
Butler Co's Middle school team is about to graduate to hs......

Can anyone say "world domination?

Originally posted by Raider 1:

There are still many catfish establishments that Raider 1 has not encountered, but I have a pretty long list.

-----Just curious, do you visit Harpers when East goes to ACS?-----

I think that the good ol days are gone for two reasons.
The loss of the great Jimmie Stallings aka Jstallz54, because he was a master of provoking thought and argument.
And because there have been more programs display greatness throughout Ky. outside of Trinity.

I forgot Jstallz54...he was solid at infuriating all...

...and how could I forget ACSwear...perhaps as close as this board has come to virtual Ebola...

Feel free to reminisce about those great contingents and posters of the past for this board.

I recall reading a thread over in the baseball forum many many years ago about Tyler "PooDaddy" Pruden. According to some of what I presume were his teammates, PooDaddy Pruden would roll up to Greenwood baseball practice in his hovercraft with 24 inch rims. Hands down the funniest thread I've ever read on a message board.

Pruden, as some of you may know, has become a local HS referee.

IMO, he needs to look for a different hobby.

This post was edited on 10/15 9:32 PM by BIG BLACK JACK

I miss the posts of the late Lazlo. He knew his sports; knew the rules; knew almost everybody (on this board anyway;) would comment on just about any topic; and never seemed particularly irritated at even the goofiest posts.

I guess "level headed" would have been a good adjective.

What about former owner CLegend33? I miss lazlo definitely, Steeler, your not even the most famous journey fan on here, Taxi back in the mid to late 2000s was a major instigator.

Those were the good ole days. I'll never forget the concussion I got while beating my head against the wall listening to ACS Wear. I'll agree he was way ahead of the curve on the topic.

The Patriot faithful are still around. Just had trouble getting a password reset. For what it's worth I look for Hood and the boys to pull one out at home this week and ruin everyones picks over on BG Preps. Quite a few guys betting against my Pats. I understand why. Don't forget that the Patriots are a completely different team when playing in front of the home crowd. 27-21.
This post was edited on 10/16 6:06 AM by Pat Pride

I agree, the board isn't what it use to be mainly cause if BGR. I check in here everyday cause this is mostly where I get information Lon the west side of the state. I couldn't even tell you when I joined.

Originally posted by NLTanker1:
I think that the good ol days are gone for two reasons.
The loss of the great Jimmie Stallings aka Jstallz54, because he was a master of provoking thought and argument.
And because there have been more programs display greatness throughout Ky. outside of Trinity.
I couldn't agree more. During Trinity's run in 2011, Jstalz54 was the most hated poster, not only on this board, but just about every board I can think of. He mellowed out after awhile. He was a good guy and I miss his banter.

I cannot remember who, but there was a second Trinity poster on here. He was even more provacative than J Stallz but he seemed to disappear about two years ago. Anyone remember his name?

I hear ya' W.E.

It was a ride. Nothing like the earlier years, when getting Edited or Deleted by Mac Daddy for riling too many people up was a Badge of Honor.

I'll turn back up one of these years.

12172324-triple-yoga-on-the-beach.jpg

Originally posted by reallybigfan:

I cannot remember who, but there was a second Trinity poster on here. He was even more provacative than J Stallz but he seemed to disappear about two years ago. Anyone remember his name?
That would probably be the great Dr. Lecter. Fun guy!

Originally posted by WhiteEagle:

Originally posted by Raider 1:

-----Just curious, do you visit Harpers when East goes to ACS?-----
Is the Pope Catholic?

Originally posted by grovetaxman:
I hear ya' W.E.

It was a ride. Nothing like the earlier years, when getting Edited or Deleted by Mac Daddy for riling too many people up was a Badge of Honor.

I'll turn back up one of these years.
I miss the "dead cats" posts during FS v. WE week...classics...

Let us also not forget our brothers in Owensboro...

...the wonderful Red Devils fans who hated the Red Devils' coaches more than any opponent...and who are still wondering if thos All Americans who are walking the halls are going to play...

...the lovely Aces fans who hated the Aces coaches more than any opponent...and who are still mad at Edge for Lord knows what...

...The Daviess Co. fans and their willingness to believe that each year "is going to be the year"!

...The Apollo fans when, uh, well when...the Apollo fans when they had the Bivins brothers? I'm stumped...

If you look in the mirror on a dark stormy night and say "very mad cougar" five times, will he appear?

Originally posted by truebluefan89:
If you look in the mirror on a dark stormy night and say "very mad cougar" five times, will he appear?
He will if you do it at Roses!

Yall have had some good threads these past few weeks to bring me back. Those mid 2000's on here were some good times. I'd hate to go back and read some of the stuff I wrote though. I was just a stupid kid.

Pretty cool seeing a lot of these old names though. I miss all the good posting from back in the day.

I remember Rocket28, SouthLadyHoopster, WILDMAN and many others. It used to be really fun here. Not too many posters anymore. Now it is all on Twitter and stuff...

I miss the annual fuss about recruiting, Bowling Green, Owensboro Catholic aka, the Sports Academy bahahaha. Then their comeback, everyone just needs to work harder. My theory is the recession sucked the fun out of living for a while. So it's Obama's fault. lol

The main culprit is further development of social media. As woody alluded to above the youngsters are all on twitter and instagram talking smack to eachother (ala Logan county players making the mistake to make racial comments before he russeville game that resulted in ALL rville players wanting to knock their block off)
This site was also really underdeveloped for a while, luckily the latest kid is trying to turn that around and doing a good job IMO.

And the other part is most of is have all just gotten older and more mellowed out.

I try to stir the fanbases up from time to time (*cough* mayfield) but they aren't even that fun anymore.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Farmy75:
As woody alluded to above the youngsters are all on twitter and instagram talking smack to eachother (ala Logan county players making the mistake to make racial comments before he russeville game that resulted in ALL rville players wanting to knock their block off)...
I remember you making this claim in either in 2009 or 2010 that Warren East's players did this same thing (but on the field)...despite the fact that East was as racially diverse as RVK...one of the oddest claims I saw on here in the days past...

Originally posted by tommy2tone:

Back in the good ol days the warren Central Highlands game would be loaded with conversation.
What "good ol days" were those?

Guess I was trying to say that a game like this would get a lot of chatter...
Go Warren Central beat highlands

Come on now, W.E.

I'm the one who's nuts? I'd like to think I'm pretty sane.

A tad bit loud and somewhat arrogant? Probably so. I tend to call people out and step on toes, but that's just how I was raised by my folks. Don't blame me, blame them! I'm not crazy! I'M NOT CRAZY! I'M NOT CRAZY!

You might be on to something W.E. .....

Originally posted by LilyOfTheValley:
Come on now, W.E.

I'm the one who's nuts? I'd like to think I'm pretty sane.

A tad bit loud and somewhat arrogant? Probably so. I tend to call people out and step on toes, but that's just how I was raised by my folks. Don't blame me, blame them! I'm not crazy! I'M NOT CRAZY! I'M NOT CRAZY!

You might be on to something W.E. .....
You a Yankee?

ADVERTISEMENT