ADVERTISEMENT

OHS @ Madisonville..

ApolloFan98

KP Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2004
Im kind of shocked no one is talking about this game. 4A's #4 team traveling to play #6. Madisonville is coming off a MONSTER win vs a Henderson team that went toe to toe with Evansville Reitz and led Cov Cath at halftime. That 49-0 score AT Henderson got my attention. Im sure it got coach Prince's attention as well. Until that result i would have taken OHS by 4 touchdowns in this game. Now im not so sure. Maybe Madisonville is much better than we thought?? Or is Henderson just in disarray?? One thing i do know is that OHS is for real. I believe they will be the best team on the field for the remaining part of their regular season schedule. Im still leaning toward taking OHS by more than 2 scores but i admit, that 49-0 score looms large in my thought process for this game.

If you look at the last 10 times Owensboro and Madisonville have played the games, more often then not, come down to the wire. I expected this one to be close before the season and I still do. Owensboro has got to do a better job against the run. Hoptwn(scrimmage) & BG exposed our run defense. Madisonville will have a RB that's comparable to Hoptwn & BG's kids btw. I also expect the Maroons to have size on their O-line. With one of their kids committed to WKU. Plus I watched a preseason interview of Madisonville on the local news and their players said this was THE game on their schedule! Red Devils better be ready!

If OHS can go on the road - remain focused and play their brand of ball then I don't see the red devils having any problems with Madisonville. None what so ever, OHS is a better football team and I think if OHS is on their game Friday night you will see that. I think Prince does a great job with having his players to keep their eyes on the prize - although the BG game was the one that was circled on the calender this Madisonville game is far more important.

OHS must win this game to ensure a district title - thus putting them at home for at least the first 3 rounds of the playoffs. A loss here would likely mean OHS will be on the road all of the playoffs. Which would spell disaster for some teams - not saying it will but it could.

I guess you will have to weight until until the ''Lizard Lounge" on the thehomers1027.com a for prediction - but I think you can catch my drift!

Originally posted by thelizardking1:
If OHS can go on the road - remain focused and play their brand of ball then I don't see the red devils having any problems with Madisonville. None what so ever, OHS is a better football team and I think if OHS is on their game Friday night you will see that. I think Prince does a great job with having his players to keep their eyes on the prize - although the BG game was the one that was circled on the calender this Madisonville game is far more important.

OHS must win this game to ensure a district title - thus putting them at home for at least the first 3 rounds of the playoffs. A loss here would likely mean OHS will be on the road all of the playoffs. Which would spell disaster for some teams - not saying it will but it could.

I guess you will have to weight until until the ''Lizard Lounge" on the thehomers1027.com a for prediction - but I think you can catch my drift!

OHS is in an odd district (1). It is an even year 2014 so they will only have 2 rounds at the Rash if they win district. The Even year district (2) will host region this year.

If they win Region they are on the road in the semi finals.
This post was edited on 9/25 11:39 AM by Green Nation2

Originally posted by Green Nation2:

They are in an odd district. Even year 2014 so they will only have 2 rounds at the Rash. The Even year district (2) will host region.
I know it is an "off" year for OHS or whatever you want to call it when dealing with hosting playoff games - odd district even year yada yada yada. But I still thought that they would still host the first 3 games. Is it only 2 home games in the playoffs? I thought it was 3....

Yes. According to khsaa on playoffs odd districts host on odd years and even districts host region on even years. Sorry I didn't have a gif in my explanation.

Yea Green Nation the no GIF thing threw me off - for some reason your post well it just didn't seem as clear.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Thanks for the input AP - clear as mud now!

Owensboro is averaging like 40+ points a game. And they've given up 30 & 40+ the last two weeks. Madisonville has scored big points(Besides the Central Hardin game.) and given up big points(Beside the Hendo game.) this year as well. Should be a classic.

I'm not too impressed by a team that beat Greenwood 13-9. Owensboro has scored 211 points so far this season. That's 32 points more than any other team in 4A. I like the Red Devils 32-14.

22-22 right at the end of the 3rd qtr. Owensboro is turning it over like crazy in the 3rd qtr.

Great game in a classic match up. Unfortunately it was ruined by the officials on the go ahead scoring drive. Anyone that witnessed the game would agree. Still one of the best games of the year. Definitely not the blowout many predicted. These two teams seem to be on a collision course in the playoffs.

For the kids of both teams to play their hearts out in an obviouly well coahed game, the referee's tonight took over a game that should have been decided by the kids that play the game. Not the worst crew I've seen but they obviously took the game away from Madisonville. With a District Title on the line they obviously missed a crucial 3rd and long pass interence call on Madisonville that lead to the Owensboro go ahead TD. On the same drive their was a scrum for the football and they had not blown the play dead until a Madisonville Player comes out with the ball and when the owensboro defender attempted to tackle him, the Madisonviile kid stiiff armed him and drew another flag for a personal foul and awarded the ball back to Owensboro. Ridiculous. They totally took the game away from Madisonville on that Owensboro scoring drive plain and simple.

Of couse I hate any game where the officials become the focal point of the game at any level of play. I don't thimnk any of us pay to watch them disrupt play in crucial ball games. A good officated game, usually means you could barely tell they were their especiaaly on plays that should be determined by the kids.

OK, with those sour grapes digested, I'd like to ask everyone to send out a prayer for the Phillips kid on Owenboro's squad, I think he has a significant injury and pray that he has a speedy recovery.

Great Game played between to well matched teams.
This post was edited on 9/27 2:11 AM by notshabby33

This game will be followed closely by all in 4A. I have O as my number 2 team in 4A. 28-21 Owensboro.

Whoever wins the Franklin Simpson/Warren East game most likely gets Madisonville in round 2 and then Owensboro round 3, the loser travels TO Owensboro in the 2nd round. Actually a much more competitive western ky 4a than anyone anticipated.

To me Owensboro came out of this game a loser even though they won the game. Phillips (The Red Devils most dynamic player both ways IMO) is probably done for the season. And I heard TJ James has a concussion. Smdh It was going to be tough to win at Warren Central at 100% but now it'll be extra tough!

ADVERTISEMENT