ADVERTISEMENT

OHS @ Henderson

thelizardking1

KP All-Pro
Dec 5, 2012
I think OHS rolls in this one - Henderson seems to be on a bit of a skid! I say OHS by 17+

Hard to believe it is the last game of the regular season. Good luck to all Owensboro Area teams in the playoffs!

Definitely agree Eagle, Prince does what he does- and not many can stop it. Sr. High is a great example of "O.K." talent and great coaching.

Here a classic example of "Will Owensboro rest/set some kids to prevent injury getting ready for a deep playoff run"
I say let the starters play first half and set them the second. Owensboro should be up 4 touchdowns by halftime.

Wow, I think everyone is shortchanging Henderson by a ton! Keep in mind, Henderson is a few turnovers and self destructive plays away from possible upsets against Reitz and McCracken. While Henderson's margin for error is slim due to depth, they have a very good shot at beating Owensboro at Colonel Stadium on Friday. I think this game is going to be a total dogfight and could come down to the 4th quarter.

devil.r191677.gif

Henderson has a couple of quality athletes, but no depth at all. Henderson will not be able to stop OHS offense, but tI think they score a couple of times. McCracken went on to beat them 42-19 or something. OHS has way too many athletes. The only way this is close is if Owensboro gives away points with TO's. Don't see that happening, Owensboro is playing with great poise this year. I actually think Owensboro turns Henderson over. Owensboro's O'line will control the LOS.

Owensboro in dominating form 49-14
This post was edited on 10/30 12:25 PM by Mr Brownstone

Henderson had 132 yds of offense in a drubbing 49-0 to Madisonville.

Here is some more info:

Opponents scoring:
Reitz 34
E North 21
Christian Co. 8
CovCath 49
Madisonville 49
Paducah T 28
Daviess County 22
Marshall Co. 0
McCracken 42

to put Marshall in perspective, they beat Calloway Co. 17-14

Henderson scored 13 against Reitz, 27 against North, 0 vs Madisonville, 6 vs. Paducah tighlman and 19 vs. McCracken

Agaist decent teams, they've had trouble scoring and they can't stop anyone from scoring, including 22 for DCHS. I just don't think this has any chance to be close. This is not a good Henderson team. The Carters have played all games, except the QB in 1 game. OHS, in my opinion, is better than anyone on that schedule. You can make an argument McCracken vs. OHS would be a game, but OHS should dominate tomorrow night. If they win in less than dominating fashion they will not play up to their capabilties. Still then, they still win the game.

This post was edited on 10/30 3:49 PM by Mr Brownstone

3rd fan posted on 10/30/2014...
are you being sarcastic? ok talent compared to whom?

Any other top ranked team in KY. Obviously much more talented than any team in Owensboro metropolitan area.

Originally posted by livnloca:

Any other top ranked team in KY. Obviously much more talented than any team in Owensboro metropolitan area.
Loca, I'd have to disagree with you. I think OHS could run with ANY team in the state of Kentucky this year. Now, they couldn't every single year, but this one they could for sure. Male, X, or T I think would get a heck of a game from OHS. The biggest reason is OHS can match up in the trenches and they have good team speed. That counts for a ton.

devil.r191677.gif

From this side of louisville (west) there might be another team bg who are as talented. They aren't male or Trinity or x or bg or highlands, but talent wise they aren't far off. If you think they are not one of the top 10 talented teams in the state I'm not sure you understand talent.

Easy fella's, lets not get ahead of ourselves. There's no doubt they would play any team in the state this year tough- never doubted that. But from a talent level they are not on the same level as other top teams, that doesn't mean they cant compete with them. I just think they're coached better than most.

BTW--for whoever on this post as been gossiping- the only hero I've ever had that has worn the red and black was my grandfather, who as a part of the 58' state championship basketball team for the Devils.

Easy fella's, lets not get ahead of ourselves. There's no doubt they would play any team in the state this year tough- never doubted that. But from a talent level they are not on the same level as other top teams, that doesn't mean they cant compete with them. I just think they're coached better than most.

BTW--for whoever on this post as been gossiping- the only hero I've ever had that has worn the red and black was my grandfather, who as a part of the 58' state championship basketball team for the Devils.
Loca!! How did you guys get away from the good side? lol

devil.r191677.gif

If you're referring to OHS- I think its because I didn't have any criminal charges on my record, so they wouldn't let me in.
uzi.r191677.gif
Shots fired!!!!!

If you're referring to OHS- I think its because I didn't have any criminal charges on my record, so they wouldn't let me in.
uzi.r191677.gif
Shots fired!!!!!
Nice lol. Well, no bad feelings. We'll let you in the school anytime to look at our state championship trophy cases.

Just check in at the office first.

devil.r191677.gif

I think we agree in principle Loca..... What brought my comment was "OK" talent. I think they are better than ok for KY.

Touche Devils, touche indeed.

3rd- I was probably undershooting them on O.K., I just feel like they've had better in the past.

I'm sure this comment will ruffle some feathers, but for the comments above about how good of a coach Prince is I have a question for you. Over the last few years, when has he beat a team in which OHS was the underdog? The only games he wins are the games he is favored to win.

Originally posted by Workout1:
I'm sure this comment will ruffle some feathers, but for the comments above about how good of a coach Prince is I have a question for you. Over the last few years, when has he beat a team in which OHS was the underdog? The only games he wins are the games he is favored to win.
Fair question. The only ones I can come up with was in 2008 when OHS beat Evansville Reitz and Bowling Green in the playoffs. Other than that.......??

devil.r191677.gif

Favored? There's not a line each week, and by that standard who is actually a good coach.

I would argue beating #3 in 5A Warren Central @ their place was a big win.

Others:

Evansville Mater Dei 2005
Meade Co. 2006
John Hardin 2006
Boone County 2007
Eville Reitz 2008
Bowling Green 2008
Lafayette 2012
Lone Oak 2012
Madisonville 2012 - after losing earlier in the year

Really to get last years team to the 4A semi's was great work and to have this team in shape to go far is great work. If a coach helps develop a team where they are winning all the time, and thereby favored (like this year most of the time) - that's a feather in their cap. Good programs develop their team where they ARE the favorite for most games, and that's credit to the coaches.

IF Henderson County loses at home to Owensboro, HC will NOT have won a regular season home game this year. And if that happens, the Colonels will have lost the last two regular season home games for the first time in several years. Of course, HC lost at home last week to McCracken County. AND if Henderson County loses at home to Louisville Trinity next week in the first round of the playoffs, the Colonels will lose their last THREE home games this year. That may be a first in the Colonels football history; losing the last three home games.

I heard Hendo beat OHS pretty good,same old song and dance team gets worse as season goes. Pretty disappointing lose for OHS.

Mac, I didn't go to bed. Just trying to wrap my mind around tonight. Bad loss. Very bad loss.

Originally posted by quitefrankly:

Henderson 42-14. Henderson is playing good football right now and they will prove it on senior night.
-----Hendo 44-18 We got someone on here who knows football,
smile.r191677.gif
-----

Good teams can have have set-backs from time to time and get upset in close games. But "supposedly WELL COACHED" teams DO NOT suffer beat downs the likes of 44-18. I stand by my comment earlier about Prince. Average at best.

Normally I wouldn't think this is a bad loss for OHS but the way they lost is what worries me. OHS was somwewhat dominated in this game. I will say that Henderson isn't nearly as bad as some here assumed. They have some legit talent. They had some bad losses yes, but they also were banged up and lacked depth. They also played one of the toughest schedules in western Ky. So Henderson winning didn't shock me. OHS needs to figure it out quick. I agree with Workout and Devils, I think Prince is put on a pedistol by some. This years team is UBER talented. Anything less than a state title game appearance will be a failure. And if he losses in the first 3 rounds he will be on a very hot seat and rightfully so.

I think I have it figured out.
Madisonville pounds Henderson 49-0.
Owensboro beats Madisonville 29-22.
Henderson whips Owensboro 44-18.

Well...no I don't.

I'm guessing Madisonville played Henderson when they were injured or didn't take the game serious enough, and Owensboro just overlooked their opponent this week

or Madisonville is a pretty decent football team and so is Henderson and Owensboro. It's football, that's why its played on the field and not on paper, right. It's one of those years, on any given night..........

It wasn't a bad loss. Henderson is playing very good football. They ran through their district before the self destruction happened against McCracken then they got back on track against Owensboro. Henderson's Carter connection is too much for most teams to handle as long as the quarterback is healthy.

ADVERTISEMENT