ADVERTISEMENT

Here goes a post (Newsenterprise area)

Oct 22, 2011
High school football in KY is overrated period. This is a female dominated (scouting) high school state. Besides that, how is the Hardin county area looking? I'm not in the area but read and keep up with most sports... Meade looks strong as always..Central is at full potential with Tim Mattingly in his 2nd yr. I really like how they are playing. North is still a question mark but I think the athletic base has grown there...they seem to want they're swag back from JHHS for years to come.. Elizabethtown is looking strong they should have a good game against North in a couple weeks..JHHS has athletes and no coaching but they (student-athletes) will figure it out after a while, it won't work tho..Knox is in a bad spot..all is my opinion...and it is still early...

Let me hear it ....????...

"Female dominated High School state."

From what standpoint? I don't understand that statement.

"Kentucky High School football is overrated period."

Grant you, KY is not on par with Ohio, Alabama, Georgia, Florida. I think if you would have "experts" rank states with regard only to high school football Kentucky would likely come in last south of the Ohio River and east of the Mississippi. That doesn't sound "overrated". Doesn't mean we don't have good>>great players and teams.

Looking at interstate games this past weekend. Kentucky went 6-2. Trinty rocked Ensworth (Nashville), Male beat Floyd Central 41-0. (I did not include the Fulton City/County teams as they barely have enough players to field teams not did I include Clinton Co. which is basically a JV team dominated by freshman and sophomores).

ADVERTISEMENT