ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Thread: Trinity-Dixie Heights

Apparently no one in St Matthews has ever seen a running attack like the Colonels will bring to BG on Saturday.

Funny to me...

Male, Manual, St. Xavier all better running games than Dixie. Don't get me started on the out-of-state teams.

Originally posted by Raider 1:

Trinity in a blowout
Brooks will be the best football player on the field. After that, Dixie has the next 3 best football players. This is going to be a good football game.

I got Trinity by 6 to 10 points but hoping for a Dixie upset.

Originally posted by Commonwealthsports:
Funny to me...

Male, Manual, St. Xavier all better running games than Dixie. Don't get me started on the out-of-state teams.
Based on what? None of them has a qb that runs the read option like Moore from Dixie.

This is pretty telling...the Calpreps ranking for each team on both school's schedules:

Trinity -
WINS:
#175 Colerain (Cincinnati, OH) (36-27),
#176 Male (Louisville, KY) (38-31),
#180 Indianapolis Cathedral (Indianapolis, IN) (31-19),
#320 St. Xavier (Louisville, KY) (9-3),
#426 Cocoa (FL) (35-32),
#585 DuPont Manual (Louisville, KY) (14-3),
#697 Imhotep Charter (Philadelphia, PA) (30-6),
#803 Meade County (Brandenburg, KY) (48-0),
#3704 Henderson County (Henderson, KY) (55-7),

LOSSES:
#32 Archbishop Moeller (Cincinnati, OH) (17-14),
#37 Carmel (IN) (10-7),
#49 Ensworth (Nashville, TN) (21-14),
#176 Male (Louisville, KY) (35-34),
#320 St. Xavier (Louisville, KY) (35-21)

Dixie -
WINS:
#968 Kenton [Simon] (Independence, KY) (36-10),
#968 Kenton [Simon] (Independence, KY) (24-0),
#1464 Ballard (Louisville, KY) (48-21),
#1781 Beechwood (Fort Mitchell, KY) (48-21),
#2356 Cooper (Burlington, KY) (38-8),
#2678 Ryle (Union, KY) (35-24),
#2678 Ryle (Union, KY) (46-21),
#2824 Campbell County (Alexandria, KY) (43-0),
#3432 Newport Central Catholic (Newport, KY) (34-13),
#3693 Turpin (Cincinnati, OH) (27-19),
#6126 Boone County (Florence, KY) (38-7),
#7730 Tates Creek (Lexington, KY) (46-18),
#7730 Tates Creek (Lexington, KY) (43-6),

LOSSES:
#1965 Covington Catholic (Park Hills, KY) (41-7)

And you know the only thing most of the Dixie posters took from this when posted on the BGP site, was that Trinity lost 5 games and DH lost only one...so they must be better.

Scott County's win last year gave the rest of the state hope. Hope has faded as Trinity is back. Running clock.

Bill Ransdel just made a brilliant observation.

Trinity is the best 10-5 team that you will find in KY6A.

Do ya think?

47-14 final. Take away that bad start by DH and we had a pretty good game. Only 14-8 after the half. Would love to see these 2 go at it again.

Would be even more lopsided if they played again. DH scored late against the Rocks JV. The Rocks know that option now. I do think Trinity would like to start the season over now. They probably would go unbeaten. Rocks are firing on all cylinders

Honk--really? It was 14-8 I. Second half because there was a running clock and the T subs were in the entire 4th qtr.

Originally posted by SECHonk:
47-14 final. Take away that bad start by DH and we had a pretty good game. Only 14-8 after the half. Would love to see these 2 go at it again.
Yea my man, Dixie had their chances in the first half to keep the game close but couldn't finish drives. They could not stop Trinity to save their lives. I left right before half time. If Dixie would have scored when they had it first and goal from the 2 it could have been a close ball game for a while but like I said, Trinity was going to score every time they had the ball. They formationed Dixie to death and Brooks was a Dude out there.

"KyBlueDude - Would be even more lopsided if they played again. DH scored late against the Rocks JV. The Rocks know that option now. I do think Trinity would like to start the season over now. They probably would go unbeaten. Rocks are firing on all cylinders"

I was thinking the same thing!! The way that team is clicking right now they would absolutely Love to get a hold of the likes of Enworth, Carmel & Moeller again!!

Originally posted by nptb:

Yea my man, Dixie had their chances in the first half to keep the game close but couldn't finish drives. They could not stop Trinity to save their lives. I left right before half time. If Dixie would have scored when they had it first and goal from the 2 it could have been a close ball game for a while but like I said, Trinity was going to score every time they had the ball. They formationed Dixie to death and Brooks was a Dude out there.
There is a great deal of work that goes into those formations.

Originally posted by DrH. Lecter:
Originally posted by nptb:

There is a great deal of work that goes into those formations.
This is something I already know. I have seen Louisville Trinity 3 times live this season. Their staff draws up screens better than anyone I've seen in the country and I watch a lot of high school football around the country. They were on point last Saturday.

I will say this and you might not agree. Dixie's defensive line was better than Louisville Trinity's offensive line but the screens had the Dixie defense line off the rockers after the first couple of series and then the Trinity offensive line dominated.

I don't know if it's grades that are keeping Donald Brooks from getting the D1 looks but he is one of the 5 best backs I've seen this season.

ADVERTISEMENT