ADVERTISEMENT

Butler County at Mayfield

seams

KP Hall of Fame
Apr 15, 2002
Can the Bears travel to Mayfield and pull off the upset? What will they have to do?

Not quite, but almost a rematch of the Kentucky Middle School State Championship three years ago. Wow, that lit up the board way back then. Wicked, you surely aren't going to side with WorkedOut on this one are you? Is it true that Mayfield only plays about 15 players?

-----Not much Butler can do with this game, just get on the 4 lane, show up, hope no one gets hurt and have a safe trip home. Running Clock-----

Running clock??? I don't know about that Eagle. Butler County should score, but stopping them may present trouble. If Butler can play with them early, it may stay close. I do like that Butler plays more players and could be more fresh in the end. However, most everyone realizes that Mayfield is Mayfield. What a tradition they have going on; but, I do remember some awful smack talk on here about some young men many people are proud of over in Butler County, who has somewhat of a football tradition transpiring these days.

Butler might hang around for a little while but in the end I expect Mayfield to take a comfortable win. Revenge of the 8th grade game? sure for those juniors

Butler might hang around for a little while but in the end I expect Mayfield to take a comfortable win. Revenge of the 8th grade game? sure for those juniors

By the 4:00 min mark of the 1st Q it will become obvious this is an RC game.

Wow, Butler not getting any respect. Mayfield is a powerhouse, I understand this. I am certain they are well coached and dress over 50 players. In a deep program like the Cardinals, I'm for sure another player is ready to step in anytime for the 15 or 16 that play consistently. Two years ago, Murray put together an excellent defensive-secondary effort to stop the Bears' passing attack. I expect much of the same game plan from the Cardinals in this one, too. Will the coaching staff for BC find a way to stop Mayfield's offense and keep it close if they cannot score their over 40-point average?

Nugg, not sure how come you think we only play a few players but in fact we have less going both ways this year than we have had in some time. We do have I think 4 going both ways but they do not every series. I would call this year one of the best as far as the rotating players in to keep kids fresh. We might not get a running clock, heck we might not win but I doubt it will be because we are not just as fresh as Butler. I would say turnovers and each teams ability to stop the other will be the keys. Butler is certainly capable of pulling the upset but Mayfield should win it. I will be shocked if Butler gets anywhere near their 40 point average

-----Shut down the passing game and score will be much like or worse than that Murray score couple of years ago and the OC score this year. Mayfield will put lots of pressure on Henderson and there will be no 250 yards passing like against those weak teams Butler has played. This game could get ugly in the second half. I do wish the Bears luck and hope for a safe and injury free game for both teams. I just don't give the Bears much chance in this game.-----

Based on what I have read and heard, you are dead-eye on Cardinal. I was viewing stats on KHSAA's website and it only reports about that many playing in each game. It must just not have all the substitutions and I figured that based on the numbers that dressed. It looked like Bright was hurt during the season and out for a stretch of games, also. It sure didn't look like you all dropped off much during that time and beat some very quality teams, too. I will listen faithfully to the Bears, but won't make the long trip this time. Eagle, I don't recall the Murray game going that bad for the Bears. Rather, a play here or there (there was some awesome timing hits by Murray DBs that was questionable IMO) and an upset may have happened then. I think the Bears played them better than OC did in Owensboro the next round. As usual, the traveling team had to overcome some very questionable calls in Owensboro. I was glad Murray beat the Aces, they played much better and was the better team. No disrespect to the Green Nation, but Murray overcame all obstacle and deserved the win.

I would be shocked if this game is close. Butler struggled with Apollo and Ohio Co who are bad football teams. They also got manhandled by OCath and I would say Mayfield is just as good if not better then the Aces. As someone said earlier I think this is a running clock.

You bring good emphasis Aces, it was shocking to see them beat Ohio County in the final seconds. Who knows, there have been enormous upsets by Butler County teams in other sports that people thought there was a less of a chance in winning. I really thought they would play OCath better than they did. I didn't get to listen in on that game, but the score was ugly. Not sure what happened this year. Two years ago when Murray beat BC and Catholic in playoffs, Butler County outplayed OCath in regular seaon to only fall because some bullcrap pass interference calls down the stretch. IDK who the backjudge (short, thin build, light brown skin, curly dark hair) was, but he made some terrible calls to keep drives alive for the Aces. IDK how Coach Emmick didn't lose control that game, but the next year he went to the SKY Conference Officials.

Nugg, I don't remember that game so I went back and saw the score. I hate that you have hung on to that for so long but I am sorry that you had a poor experience.

Not such a big deal for me, but I am a fan, parent, official, coach, teacher, and many other things I would not want people to call me; and, I just hate to see poor officiating when it is obvious that they are making home-cooking calls just because it is the All Mighty Aces from Catholic Land and just the Bears from Podunk Butler County. Those BC players gave every drop of sweat and tears to earn the win that night, which could have given them an easier road in playoffs. However, I watched from the sidelines in both the BC and Murray game the week before Murray and OC played. The satisfaction was given to me when I seen Murray overcome the home-cooking, bull crap and beat the Aces once again. Hope they do it this year too!

No anger issues here. I'm sure you're one of the too many too good well beings that stand at the end zone with your so called friends half drunk reminiscing of how awesome you all were, too. Have a great day and keep worrying about my well being.

The officiating at this years Catholic/BC was horrible almost as bad as the BC/Apollo game. These Owensboro people think their dirty socks do not stink and take some kind of pride in getting home cooking. They try to act like they are Bowling Green when they aren't!!!! I want to win as much as anyone probably more so but I want to win fairly. I'm saying all you have done is call piss poor officiating what it is which is piss poor officiating and he's trying to say you have anger issues. It's funny but what do you expect from someone who packs beads around with them.............

I will say it again, I feel sorry for you all that a high school football game has affected you all to this point. I mean when you look at how it as affected the BC football program the evil Aces with their rosaries, referees, and recruiting have outscored you all 105-28 in the last two meetings. I guess some people persevere through tough times and others wilt and make excuses. When I am driving the officials to the game on Friday night, after I take them out to eat of course, I will get them to say a couple Hail Mary's for you all.

-----Personal insults, one of the reasons this site has seen it's better days and not as active as it used to be-----

If you can't handle things of this nature you may be the former president of the University of Missouri.....

I'm just like wicked, you should want to win fairly. Recruit all you want, we don't care about that. Boast all you want, too. That just puts an exclamation point on what has been said about the majority of you do-gooders at the All Mighty. Bet you get your aces handed to you next year!

I am not boasting just telling the truth. The officials for all Aces games are either teachers or parents. For the Apollo/BC game we even gave them the officials because we needed someone to scout you all, they did really good job of scouting but they aren't the best officials. As far as next year goes I hope you understand that the Owensboro Catholic school system has infiltrated all statewide officiating organizations so just be ready for lots of holds and phantom PI calls.

Oh we understand all the phantom PI calls. On my part this has much less to do about officiating than the arrogance of the Owensboro fan base. Regardless of class any school in the 4th largest city in the state has the ability to draw prayers in any particular year. It's not hard to move from one apartment to another apartment a few miles down the street to play for another school. It is boasting so maybe you need to read the definition again so you will understand. We would be lucky to be Catholic 1 out of 50 times. I have the upmost respect for their coaches and for players especially Boarman and Zueber, but the first onside kick which was a gutsy call that early in the game was horribly called. Our player didn't have room to catch the ball before being hit. It should have been our ball with great field position now considering we started the game off on the 8 yard line and didn't score who knows what we do with it but when kids who are in a game of that magnitude get screwed from the beginning it takes a huge mental toll on them. That play changes the outcome of the game to some degree no matter how you look at it and there were a few more just absolute horrible calls even if the game was so far out of our reach that it didn't matter on the scoreboard. Kids don't deserve to be cheated regardless of the score. Anytime you go to Owensboro to play you better be 3 scores better than the other team or you will lose. The Apollo game there were three 15 yard penalties called on the same drive now it just happened to be after we took the lead so I guess that was just coincidence???????

It just gets very old to get on here and be talked down to and basically laughed at for believing in our team enough to think it won't be a running clock! Nobody gave this group the respect they deserved when they were in 8th grade and they won the state championship. Now win lose or draw tonight we are going to be very proud of these young men! It won't matter if the score if 14-52, 8-0, or 13-14.

All of those calls you mention are things we talk to our officials about making sure they go in the favor of the Owensboro schools. I remember telling the official we are going hit there guy before he catches the kick and he made a note to ignore it.

It's funny something else you mentioned was about changing the outcome of the game. Amazingly that is our motto for officials.

It doesn't matter if you guys ask for it or not but that's what happens in Owensboro. Everyone in the 3rd region outside of Owensboro will tell you it happens. I mean you can go play in Bowling Green, Louisville or Lexington and get much more fair calls. The Homer faithful in Owensboro are a lot much different from the rest. Make all the fun and act like a moron all you want but those are the facts! Only place you will get a worse call is in Mclean County if Kenny Wilson is calling....

I agree they are the facts I am just expounding a little further on this conspiracy. I feel almost like a whistle blower, maybe even a slightly less important Ed Snowden. I believe between the two of us we can blow the lid off one of the areas bigger mysteries!

-----Nugg, it's a good thing that you decided to stay home tonight. The Bears are on their way to a massacre, just like Custer at The Little Big Horn. My prayers are with the team that somehow they survive and make it back to Morgantown-----

Wickedfast, you need to take the pacifier out of your mouth. When you get beat by a running clock, the officials had nothing to do with that.

ADVERTISEMENT