ADVERTISEMENT

Update on Sean Cleasant, 2017 3 Star DT from Manual

Dave Lackford

KP Rookie
Gold Member
Jan 14, 2014
Sean Cleasant is a 6-foot-2, 275-pound, junior, defensive tackle who plays for Dupont Manual High School in Louisville, Kentucky. He's one of the top-five players in the state for the class of 2017, and every recruiting web site has given him a 3-Star rating. Sean also has a scholarship offer from Vanderbilt, and in-state schools Kentucky and Louisville have a close eye on him as well.

Sean isn't like most big time recruits of the internet era. He isn't very active on social media, and when asked about his recruitment he keeps his cards close to the vest. He is a man of few words, but his actions make the noise.

He didn't start playing football until 8th grade, but you wouldn't be able to tell that by watching his game. He has the ability to play inside when his team lines up in a 4-3 defense, and he can play outside in the 3-4. A lot of defensive tackles with his size rely on their physicality to bull rush against blockers. Sean brings more to the position. He uses his hands well to implement swim and rip moves in addition to the bull rush. He also shows a good motor, aggressiveness, gap discipline, and punishes ball carriers. Sean told me that coaches have told him they want him to "work on his footwork and staying low" when he fires off the line. When you add up the pros and the cons, it is easy to see why he is ranked third in the 2017 class bykentuckypreps.com.

Sean is focused on finishing the season strong for Manual High. His Rams square off against the Eagles of Eastern High School this Friday, then the Kentucky 6A playoffs begin. Sean told me that, "The season finale with Eastern is kind of big because it really turns into a grind (once the playoffs start), then (it's) win and move on, or lose and your season is over." Eastern runs a spread offense that throws the ball all over the field. I asked him how he felt about facing the Eagles' spread attack and he responded,

"I don't have a preference for the offense I like to play against. I can line up and play (against) whatever. My role in this game is just to create havoc, like my position is (designed) for, and play how I am supposed to play."

After football season Sean usually wrestles for Manual, but he told me that he isn't sure he will do so this season because he wants to focus on preparing for football camps and keeping in football shape.

I asked Sean how it felt to hold an offer from an SEC school and he told me, "It felt good getting my first offer, and knowing that I'm actually being recruited." He also wanted schools to know that they will be getting, "A great all around person who wants to get better and increase my education."

He as told me his mother motivates him to stay on track, both on the field and in the class room, instilling in him that he is capable of doing great things. I agree, Sean has a bright future ahead of him if he keeps training for football and stays in his books.

Here is the link to my free site:http://www.reservations4six.com/kentucky-hs-varsity/sean-cleasant-jr-the-silent-warrior

ADVERTISEMENT