ADVERTISEMENT

St. X v. Trinity

Commonwealthsports

KP All-Pro
Dec 11, 2012
It's the week of the big game. Except it doesn't have a real competitive feel to it. I honestly think Trinity is 21 points better than St. X this year, but you know how rivalries are.

It could be played close, but I'm thinking at least a double digit win for the 'Rocks.

This post was edited on 9/29 8:07 AM by Commonwealthsports

I think it will be a low scoring affair. Neither team has a light-you-up offense this year. I'll say Trinity 21 St X 14.

If the Trinity QB comes close to matching his numbers from the Cathedral game Trinty wins by 2 TD's. He was 27-28 passing with 323 yards and 4 TD's.

I think St. X wins this one. Trinity is rolling right now, but St.X's defense is very good this year. If their offense can score a few points, I think they beat Trinity 14-7. (sorry Tank)

It's gonna be close but Trinity edges St. X by 3 points, 24-21. Trinity extends their record consecutive win streak(for T) over X to 7 games won in a row.

AP, don't be sorry, just be wrong. I think the thing to keep in mind is that Trinity has put up a lot of points on far better competition. I'm going out on a limb and saying Trinity 38- X 15

Originally posted by NLTanker1:
AP, don't be sorry, just be wrong. I think the thing to keep in mind is that Trinity has put up a lot of points on far better competition. I'm going out on a limb and saying Trinity 38- X 15
Lucky for you, my football picks are on the south side of 50%. By me picking St. Xavier, your odds just went up. I do what I can for my friends.

I'll be in BG tomorrow evening. Have to spend the night and do some road closures Wednesday morning.

Gimmie Trinity 10-7 in a low scoring, defensive battel.

devil.r191677.gif

I just hope it is a close game. To me it doesn't matter who wins it, as long as Trinity doesn't blow St. X away. Everyone always talks about Trinity's schedule and rightfully so. I just think that Kentucky football is finally catching up with some of the surrounding states. Trinity beats some of the better teams from these states. Bowling Green beat two Tennessee powers last year and lost by 1 point to the #48 team in the country this year. Many of the better teams already play out of state teams, but many more should do it. Teams like Mayfield, Owensboro, and Warren Central, just to name a few, know what they have coming up and should schedule out of state games when they're peaking. I don't think we will see many more like the 2011 Trinity team. That team finished #1 in the country in many polls. That helped Kentucky High School Football be relevant to many more people. Not long ago, I hated Trinity and their fancy pants team, but I have changed my mind. I think we can find something else to argue about.

Originally posted by Adopted Purple:
I just hope it is a close game. To me it doesn't matter who wins it, as long as Trinity doesn't blow St. X away. Everyone always talks about Trinity's schedule and rightfully so. I just think that Kentucky football is finally catching up with some of the surrounding states. Trinity beats some of the better teams from these states. Bowling Green beat two Tennessee powers last year and lost by 1 point to the #48 team in the country this year. Many of the better teams already play out of state teams, but many more should do it. Teams like Mayfield, Owensboro, and Warren Central, just to name a few, know what they have coming up and should schedule out of state games when they're peaking. I don't think we will see many more like the 2011 Trinity team. That team finished #1 in the country in many polls. That helped Kentucky High School Football be relevant to many more people. Not long ago, I hated Trinity and their fancy pants team, but I have changed my mind. I think we can find something else to argue about.
I don't know about catching up. I think there is only 4 programs that can consistantly play out of state schools and fair well, Highlands, Bowling Green, St X, and Trinity. You can throw a few more teams in this conversation at times, like Male and Scott Co, but they are not as consistant as those first 4. Trinity makes the meat of their schedule with out of state schools and have payed the price, especially last year. You have to have a special team to come out of a schedule like theirs and come out with a good record. The others, BG, Highlands, and X only play a few out of state schools, which I believe is a better way of scheduling. I believe you should have the bulk of your schedule in state.

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that all the many Trinity blowhards from a couple of years ago are now no where to be seen/heard now that T is getting beat??

Good call Adopted Purple..... you and a few others, very few, are the only ones who saw it coming...

I'm still here. I still believe that outside of our district, Trinity would run rough shod over most teams in Ky. As far as not posting as often, as I've grown older I've been given more responsibilities at work, and I'm raising an ever growing family. I just don't find as much time to get on here as I used to.

Tanker, I have always respected your comments. The one that is now no where to be found is the good Dr Lecter.

ADVERTISEMENT