ADVERTISEMENT

Power Rankings - 10/20/14

3 notes from checking out this weeks rankings...

1. 1A is still jacked with Frankfort at #2 for reasons already discussed.
2. Only in 2A can a 4-loss team still make the top 5.
3. Southwestern should be in top 5 of 5A. They would have beaten Madison Southern with or without Harris.

Southwestern & Pulaski is lining up to be a dang good football game. It's always a battle regardless of talent seems like.

Originally posted by Wildcat_18:

3. Southwestern should be in top 5 of 5A. They would have beaten Madison Southern with or without Harris.

Southwestern & Pulaski is lining up to be a dang good football game. It's always a battle regardless of talent seems like.
Southwestern beat MadSouth by 6 without Damien Harris finishing the game. He only score two TDs I'm sure he would have scored more should he have finished. I don' t think he's been held to two TDs since pee-wee.

NewCath will go to state -- you can sign my name next to that.

Originally posted by Commonwealthsports:

Southwestern beat MadSouth by 6 without Damien Harris finishing the game. He only score two TDs I'm sure he would have scored more should he have finished. I don' t think he's been held to two TDs since pee-wee.

SW led MadSouth 25-20 at halftime, it was a battle WITH Harris. You know that right?

Heck, NewCath SHOULD go to state. The east is as weak as it's been in awhile. Only competition they should have in the east would be Prestonsburg. I personally think P-burg beats them, but I'll give you the semi-final. They WILL NOT win the title though...and you can sign my name to that.

SW led MadSouth 25-20 at halftime, it was a battle WITH Harris. You know that right?

Heck, NewCath SHOULD go to state. The east is as weak as it's been in awhile. Only competition they should have in the east would be Prestonsburg. I personally think P-burg beats them, but I'll give you the semi-final. They WILL NOT win the title though...and you can sign my name to that.
Yeah and his two other touchdowns would have won the game for them. You know that, RIGHT?

Yeah and his two other touchdowns would have won the game for them. You know that, RIGHT?
IF frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their @$$ every time they jumped either. I love our discussions. LOL.

You're telling me you think Grayson County keeps it closer than 3 TDs against Bowling Green? Bullitt Central? And you need to get off of the Madison Southern train. They had him when they nearly faceplanted against a bad South Laurel team. They weren't all that good with him and you don't actually know if he's coming back.

Originally posted by DragonFire:
You're telling me you think Grayson County keeps it closer than 3 TDs against Bowling Green? Bullitt Central? And you need to get off of the Madison Southern train. They had him when they nearly faceplanted against a bad South Laurel team. They weren't all that good with him and you don't actually know if he's coming back.
This!

The Frankfort thing still baffles me as well with 1A but that is a lost battle to try and fight.I have never seen a ranking in Week 9 that is predicated more on what a team did the previous year as opposed to the obvious merits of a school during the current season.

That may fl for the start of the season, but Week 9?

Poor Southwestern...even if they beat Pulaski there is no way to jump them since Pulaski is missing their QB this week and beat Southwestern last year.

This post was edited on 10/20 3:12 PM by EKUAlum05

Pretty accurate list. I would probably switch a couple spots, but nothing too crazy.

Still waiting for Johnson Central to play someone that is at least competitive. At least their last two opponents have a winning record. Lets see how they roll.

ADVERTISEMENT