ADVERTISEMENT

OHS vs Madisonville rematch

Madisonville has something to prove and is on a roll. Their also undefeated on the road and played a solid game against a good Franklin Simpson team. Very close battle during the regular season I'm interested to see the intensity both teams bring during the win or go home scenario the playoffs bring. Bowman hasn't had to strain himself to score lately Jaron and ivonta white along with phaup the QB has taken alot of pressure off bowman if all their offensive weapons come to play I like madisonville by 10

Greer needs to play more on the D line.He was dominate when he was in the game Friday night for OHS.

Coach T,

I think everyone from Owensboro knows that Madisonville is a great team and they should be ready also. I look for a hard-hitting contest. Madisonville has some nice wins on their schedule.

Mr. Brownstone your correct they should be ready. This is going to be a great game I look for intensity between both teams. Owensboro has alot of quality wins under their belt. It should be a good one two high powered offenses going head to head. I look for it to come down to whose defense can make a big stop in the second half. One turnover could be the deciding factor here

Players are about even but Owensboro has the better coaching staff and will run over the Maroons again. Madisonville has a hard time putting together a game plan verses a winning team, Red Devils by 21 at home!

Everybody knows when you walk into Rash the grease is hot. For the Maroons to win this game, they will have to come out of the gate running. Owensboro' s win/loss record is not head and shoulders above the Maroons. It easily could be said that the Maroons have had a harder S.O.S.

This game will be an instant classic. Definitely a game worth fighting the blistering cold to go see.

Madisonville/Owensboro is usually a very tough game. When Higgs was at OHS (state runner up to Trinity in 4A), I think Owensboro lost 6-3 during the season and won 6-3 in the playoffs. I would love to see Owensboro blow them out so we don't have to sweat it. Everyone who knows Owensboro and Madisonville football know both teams won't quit and it will be a good battle. Madisonville looks good on hudl, great athletes, good team speed, nice defense.

Originally posted by fastj:

Players are about even but Owensboro has the better coaching staff and will run over the Maroons again. Madisonville has a hard time putting together a game plan verses a winning team, Red Devils by 21 at home!
Is this Madisonville's coaching staff or OHS?

icecream.gif

Owensboro 28-21. This should be a barnburner, but my friends from Owensboro will pull it out. Two wins away from playing for a state championship. If that doesn't motivate you, nothing will!

-----Owensboro pulls it out. Maroons up 21-0 at one point but Devils come storming back with Locher having a hell of a game. Devils go for two on the last td for the win. Joe pulls it off, region champs-----

Great game played by both sides. Very very competitive and intense game, alot of big hits and big plays. Especially in the second half lots of gutsy calls. Between Owensboros punt keep on their own 6 on 4th down and madisonville decision to try and punch it in on the 1 instead of kick the field goal. I don't blame shoulders for the decisions alot of people would have done the same but none the less respect was given on both sides after the game and a very amazing season for madisonville going to regional championship for the first time in a decade. Good luck to owensboro at state.

Nice post CoachT. It was great to see the kids show good sportmanship after such a hard fought game. Madisonville's kidsleft it all on the field. Great job to the Devils. Dug out of a huge hole in the 2nd half. Coach Prince rolled the dice over and over last night and the kids stood up and made the plays. I'm not sure he would've made it out the stadium had OHS not won the game thgh! Lol

Coach T, I think Mville made the right decision to go for it on 4th down instead of the field goal. Owensboro was moving the ball very well in the 2nd half,so only having a 2 pt lead most likely wouldn't have lasted. Great game and great rivalry.

Great gutsy calls by Prince going for 2 pt conversion, fake punt with 2 mins left in game from own end zone. Hate that anyone had to lose,both teams left it all on the field.

Great game played by two very good teams, Madisonville controlled the first half and Owensboro the 2nd, came down to a few coaching decisions on both sides that went one way or another, Officials let the teams play and that is what was expected in the Regional Championship game, congrats to the Red Devils on their win and good luck the rest of the way

Your right devilschild coach princes gutsy calls played a big part in the win. Amazing game just hate it had to end. That game is what ky football playoffs should be like more often. I have no negative comments for either team. Every player on both teams knew how big it was and left everything on the field. The senior classes for madisonville north and owensboro senior will be greatly missed next year. I'm sure alot of players on both team will be playing next level ball next season pure athletes on both sides

ADVERTISEMENT